You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Area - The Alhoon updates  (Read 2601 times)

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Area - The Alhoon updates
« on: September 12, 2008, 03:08:06 PM »
Very well done!

Its going to take some DM adjustment in running it, as its gotten very challenging. Don't blame the DM's if you get slaughtered in doing what you used to do, I think some already found that out.

Nice additions!

DM Shadowspawn

Re: Area - The Alhoon updates
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:27:52 PM »
Nasty nasty nasty area. LOVE IT! :twisted:

oh, and you might want to bring a fighter.  ;)

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »
Yah, I like the changes too. Hopefully they'll prevent people from raping it solo all the time.

mayvind

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 08:00:49 PM »
Great dungeon, lot of cool loot with high spawn, sadly most of the chest i force open reveal mostly broken items, so which rogue want to tact along Morag on its next visit?

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 01:58:40 AM »
Lemmy don't mind long leg girls like Morag ;)
But yeah, need to check this place out soon enough.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 02:51:40 AM »
Shadowborn of Ravenswood. Number one beneficiary of the new lock system. No more broken items!

Able to do locks up to 50 dc. Available at all hours.

(by the way, the old badger trick bash to deal with traps doesn't work anymore for the same reason. Looking for monks and herbalists. Or lockpicker gloves!)
Has been described as a sometimey player

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 06:29:18 AM »
Have now had the chance to take a look at the new Alhoon lair,Awesome is the first work that comes to my mind :D
Also,Greater broken once for sure offered a good fight now :twisted:
Really nice work.

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 07:48:31 AM »
Did Alhoon recently, nice work guys... very brutal.  :shock: Course it was my first time so I have no real comparison. Meh. :|

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 05:55:17 PM »
Kudos to the area. At high spawns, the rewards actually match the challenge now, and it's a good, long slug to get through it.

One suggestion though... in the alhoon area, right after the 2nd level of the fire dungeon, first hallway of the actual alhoon part. The hallway, and the way the monsters in the first room now, mean you can't rest there anymore. You used to be able to sit at the top of the stairs, but now you have to run ALL the way out of the dungeon. It's just a massive butt-pain, considering you've probably already run out of the dungeon at least one time just to rest, and it would be nice after the hard slug of the first two levels if you could rest in that hallway before you got pounded by skeletal devourers and such. People are still going to run out an rest usually, but it just adds another ten minutes onto the whole trip, and its mostly a boring ten minutes of running all the way out of the dungeon.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 05:57:05 PM »
Kudos to the area. At high spawns, the rewards actually match the challenge now, and it's a good, long slug to get through it.

One suggestion though... in the alhoon area, right after the 2nd level of the fire dungeon, first hallway of the actual alhoon part. The hallway, and the way the monsters in the first room now, mean you can't rest there anymore. You used to be able to sit at the top of the stairs, but now you have to run ALL the way out of the dungeon. It's just a massive butt-pain, considering you've probably already run out of the dungeon at least one time just to rest, and it would be nice after the hard slug of the first two levels if you could rest in that hallway before you got pounded by skeletal devourers and such. People are still going to run out an rest usually, but it just adds another ten minutes onto the whole trip, and its mostly a boring ten minutes of running all the way out of the dungeon.

Or run through fast enough that you still have enough buffs to kill the three skeletal devourers with. ;)

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 06:43:23 PM »
Can't remember when it was stated but I believe Bluebomber stated that the place shoudln't even have a "You Cannot Rest Here" script and that it should be removed.  Was this a false-call or just forgotten accidently?  Personally, as much as I like a challenge, the "You cannot rest here" is irritating to deal with, since it's one of those setups that almost influence less RP and more grind-fest, since parties have to zoom through the dungeon before the buffs run out or do the slow RP-method and then take 2-3 trips back and forth.  Might as well allow the ability to rest down there, that way there isn't too much of a 'time limit' feel.

failed.bard

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 01:25:35 AM »
  I think the no resting makes sense on the fire level, it probably is too hot to do so.  I can't really think of a reason that you should be able to rest on the alhoons level, but not the entry level, though.

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 02:02:23 AM »
Eh. By that sort of logic, you shouldn't really be able to rest in the ice queen, because it's too cold. The no rest thing is fine w/ me; I'm so used to Zurg rushing that place w/ little or no RP because of the time limits on the buffs, that it's almost no consequence. It's sorta annoying just to have to run out over and over, but oh well. But it would be nice to actually be able to rest on the Alhoon level, before getting creamed again.