You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Areas - Things I'd like to see something done with, etc.  (Read 4431 times)

kenpen

• Dark Power
Areas - Things I'd like to see something done with, etc.
« on: September 04, 2008, 03:47:04 AM »
1. The little house over the cute bridge near Lysagia Hill. Um, what the hell is this place, even? If anyone knows, page me and let me know. I've never known it to ever be opened for anyone, at any time. And it's such a cute little house with a gallows tree.

2. The hobbit house. If Bilbo lives there, he needs to make an appearance. Otherwise, what the heck is inside? If anyone knows, page. :-P

3. Fishing Station. Cool place. Creepy place... maybe someone wants to bring back a super scrag plot again? It could be fun.

4. Lake Wagner. Never really been added.

5. The mortuary at the courtyard in the village. What the heck is the place? What are people digging for? And can they summon some demons? That would rock.

6. The Drain. MmmmmMhm.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
Re: Areas - Things I'd like to see something done with, etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:54:57 AM »
Definetely something on that bridge - it used to (not sure now) spawn undead at night but getting in? That would be nice.

Theres a hut right up on Mt Batarak off to the side... needs specific key to open. Can we get in or is it ask DM for key?

There is a cyrpt in the ML graveyard grounds with a password on a suit of armour - buggered if I know how it works... but I know mummies are just next door as I can see the aura's come up.

There used to be a PC Chirgeon in vallaki city with a locked Basement - is he still there? Maybe he can offer MUNDANE healing for those that want the non supernatural touch? Whats in the basement?

BIG spooky manor with an obvious Igor type on the door in the residental area - whats the go with that?

The house that has the sign of the trident in the residental area... same.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 07:38:08 AM »
Definetely something on that bridge - it used to (not sure now) spawn undead at night but getting in? That would be nice.

Theres a hut right up on Mt Batarak off to the side... needs specific key to open. Can we get in or is it ask DM for key?

There is a cyrpt in the ML graveyard grounds with a password on a suit of armour - buggered if I know how it works... but I know mummies are just next door as I can see the aura's come up.

There used to be a PC Chirgeon in vallaki city with a locked Basement - is he still there? Maybe he can offer MUNDANE healing for those that want the non supernatural touch? Whats in the basement?

BIG spooky manor with an obvious Igor type on the door in the residental area - whats the go with that?

The house that has the sign of the trident in the residental area... same.

You can get into the hut w/ normal picks and unlocks. It's the trapper's cabin. You get some clues/info about the ice queen.

Suit of armor is supposed to lead to the collector, it seems. But I've never seen it work.

Not sure what the manor is. Noticed it too, and think it's neato.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:02:54 AM »
The scripted plot with the sisters from the Blue water should lead a party into the Quin Roche vault, now THAT i wanted to see, Kukri has been trying to go in for a while :P

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »
The area surrounding the Barovia graveyard has a forest entrance tile to the west, but it doesn't actually lead anywhere.  *shrug*

LawfulJoe

• "Evil is a thing of perception, it depends on which end of the sword you're on"
  • Dark Power
  • aka AwfulJoe
    • Joe Kellerman - Graphic Artist
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 12:09:36 PM »
Degannwy-
 I know it is a refugee camp, but it needs an ale tent or some sort of social gathering place other than the large common area with one private room. Speaking of the common area, it needs an upstairs. The structure is there for it, just not the area.

The Drain-
This place is as stagnant as the sewer water that surrounds it. Maybe a black market more than just one goblin. It is a long haul to get to it for no reason other than the occasional (and rare) meeting with another PC. It is a safehaven to the misfits of the world, but without a reason to go down there, the misfits can hide in a cave and get their healing from the Morning Lords. Maybe a crafting area for smiths and bowyer/fletchers (I think there is a a place for brewers). It just seems from a OOC point of view, that the Caliban are the scariest ineffectual group on the server :P Back in the 80s, there was a show called Beauty and the Beast, it had Linda Hamilton and Ron Pearlman. In the sewers beneath the city was an entire community hidden from the above world. Now I do not expect the Caliban to be so cultured, but some are not all about violence and carnage. Just a little depth to their haven would be nice. I guess it feels like a gorified flop house with a bar. Without other PCs down there to give it life, not much ever happens in the Drain.

That's all for now.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »
1. The little house over the cute bridge near Lysagia Hill. Um, what the hell is this place, even? If anyone knows, page me and let me know. I've never known it to ever be opened for anyone, at any time. And it's such a cute little house with a gallows tree.
It's a haunted house. I know the backstory it's supposed to have. I suppose I can make it since the original builder is inactive.

2. The hobbit house. If Bilbo lives there, he needs to make an appearance. Otherwise, what the heck is inside? If anyone knows, page. :-P
I believe that originally there was to be a family of halfling farmers that were plagued by giant ants, but it'd probably best to remove this instead.

3. Fishing Station. Cool place. Creepy place... maybe someone wants to bring back a super scrag plot again? It could be fun.
What I'd like is to have some sort of fishing system in, so you could buy the supplies here/sell caught fish

4. Lake Wagner. Never really been added.
It's kind outside the boundaries of our current map

5. The mortuary at the courtyard in the village. What the heck is the place? What are people digging for? And can they summon some demons? That would rock.
The Cult of the Morninglord uses the mortuary to bury the dead since the graveyard above ground is old and full.

There is a cyrpt in the ML graveyard grounds with a password on a suit of armour - buggered if I know how it works... but I know mummies are just next door as I can see the aura's come up
That's basically a DM area. It was originally to have been a place anyone could access, but there was no efficient way to script the proper curses. As a DM area, the DM can apply the curses manually.

The guy who built that left years ago. I don't remember what the idea for that place was to be. Maybe another haunted house?

He should still be there. Was he removed or something?

The area surrounding the Barovia graveyard has a forest entrance tile to the west, but it doesn't actually lead anywhere.  *shrug*
That was placed for future expansion. It'll get utilized eventually. ;)

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »
What about the mysterious door at the Mt. Ghakis chasm area?

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 03:58:22 PM »
What about the mysterious door at the Mt. Ghakis chasm area?
You'll have to ask Corvus about that one ;)

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 03:59:49 PM »
 :(

Corvus is rarely active.   :cry:

I've knocked on that door several times and waited around for nothing to happen, much to my bored dismay.   :P

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 04:36:59 PM »
The hole in the ground with the door was meant for a plot for ex guard rebels, plot is over now and the zone remains.

On another point the surgeon is still there.

And i always wondered what was the giant ant mound near the hobbit home haha. Let's keep the hobbit house shall we?

Inviktus

• Undead Master
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 04:49:35 PM »
The hole in the ground with the door was meant for a plot for ex guard rebels, plot is over now and the zone remains.

Only person I ever saw with a key was Chomski, and he's dead now...

Inviktus

• Undead Master
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 04:57:56 PM »
I believe that originally there was to be a family of halfling farmers that were plagued by giant ants, but it'd probably best to remove this instead.

Can we get a meeting place for halflings?  Either by recycling that place or one built somewhere else?

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 04:59:54 PM »
That would be kinda hot, a little inn for small folks, the tall ones couldnt get in   :mrgreen:

mayvind

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 05:29:07 PM »
That would be kinda hot, a little inn for small folks, the tall ones couldnt get in   :mrgreen:

have to make room for Yves since she the queen of halflings.. or theirs pimp

kanedellesk

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 06:06:12 PM »
 :dubious: :jawdrop: :roflmao: :lolsign:

Halfer pimp!!!!! Sorry, I about fell out of my chair laughing at that!

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »
Talk about spoilers.

Ironic given the themes in our setting.  Keep a sense of mystery!

I had to avert my eyes when opening this thread.  I'd rather experience those places through my character's eyes.   8)

:mrgreen:

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 11:33:23 PM »
Rock on. Thanks for all the info. Always wanted to know if there was active backstory to some of those places, or if they were just kinda like the appendix(es) of PotM.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 11:50:56 PM »
Is the giant ant hill active and an area you can get into (hits max spawn etc) if so cool. A Halfling sized Inn would be GREAT... no room for the big folk...

The mansion in the residental area - that is sooooooooo wow from the outside - I hope one of the DMs/Devs takes up the challenge with that.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 11:56:16 PM »
Is the giant ant hill active and an area you can get into (hits max spawn etc) if so cool. A Halfling sized Inn would be GREAT... no room for the big folk...

The mansion in the residental area - that is sooooooooo wow from the outside - I hope one of the DMs/Devs takes up the challenge with that.

seriously we NEED a small folks only area dwarves got theres humans theres elves theres come ON! lets have something for those gnomes and halflings

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 12:09:47 AM »
Halflings always have a place in the cookpot in the Drain, as far as Kurgh is concerned. All's welcome.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 12:56:15 AM »
Halflings always have a place in the cookpot in the Drain, as far as Kurgh is concerned. All's welcome.

true and i know your likely serious too but so was i the little midget folks NEED somewhere to call there own