Author Topic: Spawn Setup - Mt. Baratak Farmhouse and Crypt connection  (Read 2118 times)

failed.bard

Spawn Setup - Mt. Baratak Farmhouse and Crypt connection
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:36:30 AM »
  I'm not a fan of the farmhouse and purple dungeons having the spawns connected.  Unless there's some hidden tunnel between the two that I've never found, there doesn't seem to be a reason for it.  As K_Moustakas pointed out, hitting the farmhouse, even just the main floor, stalls the entire dungeon, and if you clear both floors it can set it back considerably.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »
  I'm not a fan of the farmhouse and purple dungeons having the spawns connected.  Unless there's some hidden tunnel between the two that I've never found, there doesn't seem to be a reason for it.  As K_Moustakas pointed out, hitting the farmhouse, even just the main floor, stalls the entire dungeon, and if you clear both floors it can set it back considerably.

Yeah it seems that those two should be split out.  Might be a reason as to why they are connected but most people seem to prefer one or the other, not both.

~Rex

Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:53:38 AM »

Yeah it seems that those two should be split out.  Might be a reason as to why they are connected but most people seem to prefer one or the other, not both.

~Rex

Hmm, was a bit surprised to learn that connection myself. Anyway, splitting it into a seperate topic.

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
Re: Spawn Setup - Mt. Baratak Farmhouse and Crypt connection
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 03:41:27 PM »
the reason they're connected is explained in the various notes left in the farmhouse.

Spoiler: show
The undead generated by the Negative Energy leak in the crypts attacked the farmhouse and holed up in there.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »
But that in itself only will explain away why hitting up the Purples will hurt the Farmhouse spawn. The forces already dispatched in the Farmhouse shouldn't have an effect on Purple spawn.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 02:55:14 AM »
But that in itself only will explain away why hitting up the Purples will hurt the Farmhouse spawn. The forces already dispatched in the Farmhouse shouldn't have an effect on Purple spawn.

True story (the second sentence).  In reality, neither should affect each other.  Killing things in the crypt shouldn't cause the farmhouse spawns to go away.

I think the only link that should be between the two would be to make the farmhouse only grow if the purple is growing.  If the purple is getting obliterated, the farmhouse probably shouldn't restock.

Dreaderick

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 05:08:06 PM »
the reason they're connected is explained in the various notes left in the farmhouse.

Spoiler: show
The undead generated by the Negative Energy leak in the crypts attacked the farmhouse and holed up in there.

Sounds like a one way connection to me.

I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being really good all the time. That would be hypocrisy. - Oscar Wilde