Author Topic: Boss Loot - Who's the Bossier?  (Read 2176 times)

kenpen

• Dark Power
Boss Loot - Who's the Bossier?
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:27:43 AM »
People have been telling me that some "boss loot" has been implemented, and that it used to be on the server and was supposed to be cool. Thus far, I or people I know have checked... well, everything but the Pit Fiend and Alhoon so far. After a failed Bastet Idol, running up to get an ancient Dire Bear and buffing him, I managed to get open the Alhoon's chest on a one skeletal devourer spawn and got... a lambey and 222 gold. Nothing on Alhoon.

Nothing on orphanage hag. Nothing on ice queen. Nothing on lich. Nothing on gilos. There doesn't seem to be anything extra added, so I was just curious if this feature had been implemented yet. Mainly, so I don't have to go around killing everything off just to find out. :-P

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: Boss Loot - Who's the Bossier?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:39:48 AM »
Harh, well, the Pit Fiend is one of those that has added loot to it. Only a limited handful so far really, but I'll get around more and implement it. Some of the Fanes has it now. Gilos will probably never have it though - he's a ghost after all, they don't drop stuff.

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:16:42 AM »
Plus Gilos is the easiest boss to pound down, by far.  If a group of people under level 5 can kill the level 20 Gilos with one of many simple strategies, then I'm not expecting to find a belt of the guiding light or shiny chain boots.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:37:32 AM »
Plus Gilos is the easiest boss to pound down, by far.  If a group of people under level 5 can kill the level 20 Gilos with one of many simple strategies, then I'm not expecting to find a belt of the guiding light or shiny chain boots.

:shock: there's a lvl 20?! sheesh best i've seen is lvl 15 or so give or take

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 03:18:19 PM »
Waaah. I think Gilos should drop one of those badass transparent shields. But, mainly because I've always wanted one of the transparent ghost shield models. I like them, but have no reason to craft a shield into one. :-)

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
Any chance of getting the Bosses of the Various Random Caves to Drop Something?  I understand the Ghosts not dropping anything but even some of the basic Mundane stuff sells for enough to keep a small guy in Beer Fang.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 10:05:55 AM »
actually make the dragon drop something. Coal mine has some of the best loot but poor old zalaph has only gold thingies. Then again, I suppose that dragon blood has it's uses... *winks*
Has been described as a sometimey player

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 06:34:23 AM »
About the coal mine, nay certain but today i was there checking it out, no monsters, no chests, nothing more then a few locked skeleton corpses that had nothing on them after they was picked :shock:
I don't know if this have been like this before or could it maybe be a bug?
But about the boss loot, i think it for sure should be a random drop, if not there is a chance some will spam the boss with good loot i am afraid of.