You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: thoul cave - challenge vs reward  (Read 1750 times)

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
thoul cave - challenge vs reward
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:08:55 PM »
I guess this a number crunching issue but Vladimir Kaiser and I went through, what i would call, HUGE spawn in the thoul cave and honestly we would have never made it had he not been lvl 12 i believe. The witchlord and the heroes just dont give enough XP for the challenge. I got close to nothing happened and after nearly dying twice i dont call that nothing.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Nightmare

• Squatbold
  • Dark Lord
  • Reality Unhinged
Re: thoul cave - challenge vs reward
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »
Pretty sure it was because of me being level 12, heh. Went there for the tin though.. so we got what we came for!

Anyways, yeah. Those witchlords are at least level 8 Sorcerers, maybe level 10. Was a helluva fight, got the blood flowing and was fun.

XP seemed just a tad shoddy on the Witchlords specifically, but like Nef said, probably a number issue with my level.
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:09:22 AM »
Nah you would have gotten the same.  I've gone through it with my 12th level and my lower level ones.  Solo and In Teams.  Just Crappy XP vs the Threat.  One of the reasons I used the thouls as a primary example in my balance thread.

~Rex

Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Tarth

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:40:14 PM »
I agree 100%

using every tactic I can manage kaiser can barely do it on a medium spawn.
and thats far beyond what a normal PC his lvl can manage.

yet barely any XP or loot what so ever.
loot shouldn't be grand in such a close dungeon but some XP seems fair

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 12:02:56 AM »
I consider XP, to be a Reward, and there is no Reward for that considerable risk.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 12:59:40 AM »
I would hesitate to move Yoshinaka in there alone on full spawn... very very good odds are I'd come out alive but at the cost of precious healing potions I'd not want to use.

Off Topic:
I used to be able to Solo the spiders too a few levels ago - I'd not go there alone now. I'm happy about that - some of the changes are promoting party-ing... we just need to up the XP reward to match... prehaps spawn a boss at max spawn that once killed (and the area cleared!!!) there is a quest XP bonus or something...

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...