You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Local Vendors - Metal Dyes  (Read 3726 times)

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
Local Vendors - Metal Dyes
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »
Okay, this has been bugging me for a while since Narum closed, but where do locals not going outlander get metal dyes while he is closed? Besides the Village (Bildrath), the only options left are the dwarves and the elves. And unless your local mingles with such races (goes outlander), it's a pain. Sure, I could hire a third party to get me the dyes, but it's not like I know the exact color I want since there is no dye palette to tell us "Ecru is this here color!" Are there any plans to switch Narum's dyes to another vendor in Vallaki?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:50:26 AM by Delphinidae »

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Re: Local Vendors - Metal Dyes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »
There is more than one blacksmith in town, one of them could carry the dye, making them a bit less useless.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »
Okay, this has been bugging me for a while since Narum closed, but where do locals not going outlander get metal dyes while he is closed? Besides the Village (Bildrath), the only options left are the dwarves and the elves. And unless your local mingles with such races (goes outlander), it's a pain. Sure, I could hire a third party to get me the dyes, but it's not like I know the exact color I want since there is no dye palette to tell us "Ecru is this here color!" Are there any plans to switch Narum's dyes to another vendor in Vallaki?

In the interest of RP, Natasha could make nice with a certain elven cleric who would be more than happy to help a damsel in distress and take her to Bildrath's.  At night, of course.   ;)

What the hell, Calor is always "good neighbor Sam". 
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Delphinidae

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 12:38:56 PM »
lol, sadly, it wouldn't work, because Calor is:

a) A fey
b) A cultist "witch"
c) Last fey witch she had any dealing was Nara... and well, you've seen into what mess she got into...

While Noica could hire third parties since she has been around a lot of outlanders due to her job, I'd still like for the metal dyes for locals be sold somewhere in Vallaki, even if it's a limited stock.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

ducky445544

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 01:16:49 PM »
lol, sadly, it wouldn't work, because Calor is:

a) A fey
b) A cultist "witch"
c) Last fey witch she had any dealing was Nara... and well, you've seen into what mess she got into...

While Noica could hire third parties since she has been around a lot of outlanders due to her job, I'd still like for the metal dyes for locals be sold somewhere in Vallaki, even if it's a limited stock.

Either

A.Go to a outlander for help or some other native

OR

B.No dye for you,mahaha :twisted:

Delphinidae

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 01:46:59 PM »
Either

A.Go to a outlander for help or some other native

OR

B.No dye for you,mahaha :twisted:

I actually wouldn't mind hiring an outlander to buy me the dyes (I've done it once with another char), the problem is choosing the right one based on name alone. That's why I prefer to buy the dyes personally to experiment. I just went all the way to the Village of Barovia and spent almost 1,000 wolf-fangs in finding the tones for the clothing I made in the Toolset to match the colors given by name alone in game. There's that other smith in the Market District that could sell the dyes, or even Kathryn.

As for a native going to the elves and dwarves, well, that would be odd. Said native would be going outlander if he's willing to go and consort with them.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

archonzero

• Dark Lord
    • ArchonZero's Gallery Art
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 02:16:11 PM »
  Hey Delph... just a suggestion perhaps.  You could always make a mock test character and let it idle in the starting area.  Where you could sample all the dyes in game for 1gold and sell back.  Least until you match up the correct colors you're requiring then jot them down on a notepad and switch back!  :)

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 11:27:12 PM »
The good news is that Petre the Vistani sells metal dyes.

The bad news is that his metal dyes are limited to the bright and festive colors that one would find at a Mardi Gras parade.

The other good news is that the shady merchant at Tigan's Rest also sells metal dyes.

The other bad news is that his entire stock is limited to various shades of black and gray.

And I also notice that the varieties and quantities of the shady merchant's stock have been slashed in half ever since...well, not long after I cranked out Loiterers in the Mists, Issue 1.

I hope that I wasn't a direct cause of that loss.  A merchant selling fifty shades of gray was a hilarious quirk in the otherwise dismal server world.  :(

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 06:40:54 AM »
*Made comments about the available dyes*

Ah. What you have here is them selling their personal preference of dyes. The vistani wear bright, gaudy colors and the dyes sold tie into this.

The shady merchant sells muted, dark colors because we know thieves only wear black and grey in this server. Heh. Unfortunately, he won't deal with everyone.

But more good news is that the Mad Dok in the Drain sells a mighty fine Liquified Drow Skin dye. The bad news is that unless you are a Dweller, you'll more likely visit the stew pot than the Mad Dok if you are in the Drain.

Ultimately, until Narum comes back (if at all), there is a shortage of dyes available to those too stubborn to trade with non-humans.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 06:46:03 AM »
Is that the shadowy dye? that glistens?

buying liquified drow skin dye. (within certain reason)

Contact me via pm
Has been described as a sometimey player

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 06:48:52 AM »
Never tried it, sorry.

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 09:19:34 AM »
Ah. What you have here is them selling their personal preference of dyes. The vistani wear bright, gaudy colors and the dyes sold tie into this.
I know.  I was commenting about the stock itself, not the rationales behind it.   :|

The shady merchant sells muted, dark colors because we know thieves only wear black and grey in this server. Heh. Unfortunately, he won't deal with everyone.
I know.  I was commenting about the stock itself, not the rationales behind it.   :|

But more good news is that the Mad Dok in the Drain sells a mighty fine Liquified Drow Skin dye. The bad news is that unless you are a Dweller, you'll more likely visit the stew pot than the Mad Dok if you are in the Drain.
How much XP is a caliban stalker worth, I wonder?  :?

Ultimately, until Narum comes back (if at all), there is a shortage of dyes available to those too stubborn to trade with non-humans.
I never heard why Narum closed, by the way.  Nobody else I asked seems to know, either.  :|

Is that the shadowy dye? that glistens?
Hmmm...actually, the Liquified Drow Skin dye looks more like a flat, solid matte black to me.

buying liquified drow skin dye. (within certain reason)

Contact me via pm
I assume that Shadowborn has nothing against bartering with calibans, then?

Braknak like money.  Money good for buy stuff and food and more stuff.  Murnu crabby though.  :D

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »
The last I checked (4-5 days ago) the smith in the marketplace was selling a full selection of metal dyes.  Some have reported they aren't getting the dialog option of seeing the selection.  Maybe it's intermittent. 

So, FWIW, if you want metal dyes, try the marketplace smith. 
Sig by Garison

Hunter Thompson

Thanks Aahz

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 09:35:04 AM »
That's what the book in the OOC area said.  But when I visited him to sell some armors, he didn't have that option available.

Maybe he doesn't like me enough.  :(

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 09:39:43 AM »
Maybe I was having a senior moment.   :shock:
Sig by Garison

Hunter Thompson

Thanks Aahz

ethinos

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 06:11:25 PM »
How much XP is a caliban stalker worth, I wonder?  :?

You'd never get past Gol and the specific key locked front door, not to mention all the other Dwellers in between. Heh. Would be fun to watch though.