Author Topic: Spawn Rates - Variable spawn cave, Sullen Woods  (Read 1986 times)

Ellana Twiggy

Spawn Rates - Variable spawn cave, Sullen Woods
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:38:17 PM »
i've noticed something in the sullen woods, occasionally. . .the southern cave spawns nothing. . .absolutly nothing at all. I was wondering if this was a glitch or some such?

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:52:56 PM »
Haven't been checking the variable caves at all, so I'm not sure about them. In the past, the caves had a chance of being empty. But if it's empty all the time, I doubt it's supposed to be like that.

I haven't been farming at all lately (*gasp*) but other people must really be picking up the slack, because I'm still checking the spawns and they're mostly staying low - which is, of course, why I haven't been farming them. ;) I suppose the rates could have also been changed again, but it's hard. I'd have to check something no one ever hits, and I'm mostly lazy this ten days.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:59:42 AM »
i've noticed something in the sullen woods, occasionally. . .the southern cave spawns nothing. . .absolutly nothing at all. I was wondering if this was a glitch or some such?

i was told by a dm forget which that all random spawn caves or least some have a empty setting to make tension rise...though they could just simply have been joking with me

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
Re: Spawn Rates - Variable spawn cave, Sullen Woods
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 02:55:34 AM »
I've seen them empty before. I guess it really keeps you guessing.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
Re: Spawn Rates - Variable spawn cave, Sullen Woods
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:51:22 AM »
yup, sometimes they are empty. Sometimes they are full. And sometimes... *winks at twiggy*
Has been described as a sometimey player