Author Topic: Item - Falkovian Talon Helmet Appearance  (Read 3905 times)

kenpen

• Dark Power
Item - Falkovian Talon Helmet Appearance
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:32:50 AM »
You know, if this actually looked like a screaming raptor with a plume of steel feathers on the back, people might actually wear it without changing it.

Anyone with awesome skills want to redesign?

Rex

• Dark Power
Re: Item - Falkovian Talon Helmet Appearance
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:38:46 AM »
We falkovnians make do.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 06:11:01 PM »
I actually made a Helm of the Bat look like a Falk helm just so it went with Geoff's other hawk themed gear. His pop was one of those Falk nutballs, you know.

The helm doesn't look so bad, but feathers would be cool. Actually, new, better looker helms would be a good thing too since most of them are... eh.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 11:19:58 AM »
I actually made a Helm of the Bat look like a Falk helm just so it went with Geoff's other hawk themed gear. His pop was one of those Falk nutballs, you know.

The helm doesn't look so bad, but feathers would be cool. Actually, new, better looker helms would be a good thing too since most of them are... eh.

thought we were getting new helms in this last batch of updates.  I'll have to go digging for some helms.  If I knew how to resculpt it, I'd take a crack at it.  In fact, might go tell one of my computer genius minions to do it for me.

~Rex

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 03:30:59 PM »
We falkovnians make do.
...and then sit in the Lady's Rest all day, talking snidely amongst themselves about demi-humans, their generous Barovian hosts and random passers-by.  :P

Has anyone checked the Vault yet?  Sometimes, third-party users sculpt some pretty snazzy-looking models for various items, and there could be some new helms on the site somewhere.  Maybe one of these could be officially adopted as a replacement by the PotM module.  :?

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 05:21:30 PM »
Yeah looking through a few of them.  I keep going back to the cool roman equipment though.....one handed spears and things like that.

~Rex

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 10:35:31 PM »
Does the Vault have anything which could give the Falkovnians a much-needed splash of humility?  Maybe a hot pink Falkovnian Talon helmet with a turkey waddle and googley Cookie Monster eyes on the sides?  And an inscription on the inside of the visor which says something like "Getting hot metal shoved into your face as a baby doesn't automatically make you hardcore" or "Falkovnia has tried to conquer Darkon a hundred times and has gotten slapped down hard every single time, so we really have nothing to crow about" or "The Barovians are just waiting for me to tick them off so they can smack me around like a speedbag"?   :lol:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:39:37 PM by Wids »

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »
Does the Vault have anything which could give the Falkovnians a much-needed splash of humility?  Maybe a hot pink Falkovnian Talon helmet with a turkey waddle and googley Cookie Monster eyes on the sides?  And an inscription on the inside of the visor which says something like "Getting hot metal shoved into your face as a baby doesn't automatically make you hardcore" or "Falkovnia has tried to conquer Darkon a hundred times and has gotten slapped down hard every single time, so we really have nothing to crow about" or "The Barovians are just waiting for me to tick them off so they can smack me around like a speedbag"?   :lol:

Falkovnia loses wars.  Not many Battles.  Their Military doesn't have Humility, even their Peasentry really just shrugs and goes hmmph at the sight of a live impaling.  There are reasons, that every country on the border of Falkovnia maintains an army.

Probably just a matter of Time before the Dark Powers go, wow, that Azlin guy need to be taken down a peg or to, or maybe those dementlieu folks, need a lesson in Military Tyranny, and Vlad actually Wins a War.

Just remember.  Nazi's Lost a war and changed the face of the world.  A lot of that Falkovnian "hardcore" comes from the fact that well, they Are.  More so, then a lot of folks in a lot of other areas in Ravenloft.

As for the Talon Helm thing, haven't found a Decent one yet, but I think I will try and modify the armor to look more like picture.

~Rex

~Rex

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 01:23:43 PM »
I must have gotten you worked up there.  You signed off twice:P

But suddenly I feel like rolling up a cavalier type from Dementlieu, just to taunt the Falkovnians.  Or I can actually play my Falkovnian dwarf girl and give them a good shunning.   :twisted:

Also, Lamordia doesn't get enough press.  It's a nifty Germanic country and it has a Frankenstein Monster as its Darklord.  What's not to love?

Anyway, Falkovnians need new helmets.  But I'm sure no one will take up my mockery-infused ideas.   :lol:

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 11:59:09 AM »
I must have gotten you worked up there.  You signed off twice:P

But suddenly I feel like rolling up a cavalier type from Dementlieu, just to taunt the Falkovnians.  Or I can actually play my Falkovnian dwarf girl and give them a good shunning.   :twisted:

Also, Lamordia doesn't get enough press.  It's a nifty Germanic country and it has a Frankenstein Monster as its Darklord.  What's not to love?

Anyway, Falkovnians need new helmets.  But I'm sure no one will take up my mockery-infused ideas.   :lol:

Lamordia is vastly under rated.  And yeah Signed off twice but that's just because I'm hopping back and forth between 14 pages at work.  If there was a way, to take the Current bird helm, Open the beak, stretch the vanes off the sides, that would work.

Talking to a couple of real computer game modelers this week at the 'Con.  Couple of those Clowns owe me, so maybe I can beat a new helm out of them.  Look at the bright side though, I modified the absolutely Atrociaous looking Armor to something closer to he description, just need a few more modifications, and I've been waiting for the Update stuff to settle out before doing that.

~Rex

Tarth

• Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 02:49:57 PM »
I'm lazy, find me the template for that hawk's helmet and the texture files..
I haven't done that in while but, hell if I made nasher from nwn 2, turn into the lord of cleaven for anph.

I probilly can make that helmet look more 'hawkish'

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »
If a big rig doesn't slam into your house and run over your computer.

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 06:38:33 PM »
If a big rig doesn't slam into your house and run over your computer.
...that came out of nowhere, didn't it?  :?

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 06:46:15 PM »
one handed spears and things like that.

God I wish we had that. Just need to reskin the trident item..blrhglaarrghh

But, Vlads curse is he'll never win the glory or prestige he thinks he deserves- if Falkovnia ever DID win a war it would be by some means which completly took the glory from Falkovnia, or his gains would soon be lost (as it was with the Winter War on Lamordia). Then again, if your talking about a World War, a "battle" could involve taking an inteir country. And so long as Falkovnia LOST everything it gained after the war ended his curse would remain as is- and with Falkovnia fostering a Musilini/Hitler-esque alliance with the Dukkar and Invidia...

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »
Tarth has a reputation for very odd things which happen to/around him. ;)