You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Suggestion - Vendors  (Read 2768 times)

archonzero

• Dark Lord
    • ArchonZero's Gallery Art
Suggestion - Vendors
« on: August 06, 2008, 06:35:31 AM »
1.  Is it possible to add a feature to OK/Cancel selling items, much like there's one for buying..

Now I realize this isn't the biggest sob story out theref, though I'm sure others have had worse.. It is rather annoying that the "sell" option replaces the equip selection on the dial.  What ends up happening during the process of open merchant window.. moving gear around.  I'll realize (at a late hour so not clear of mind) I'm not wearing what I would/should be in a slot and have accidentally sold the item instead of equipping.  So I just had to buy back my Gloves of the Long Death for 1300 gold, basically souring my hunting expedition on profit (An I don't farm dungeons for coin as often as most) when it could have been a hang on, wait a second moment and cancel the sale.   :( 

Not sure if the vendor options are hard coded and unable to edit/fix/add or not.  Thought I would make the suggestion at least.

2.  Any way to buy/select the amounts your purchasing if they are stackable items? 
                  ie such as potions/scrolls/rations ... etcetera.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
Re: Suggestion - Vendors
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 06:44:28 AM »
I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago.   :(
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:37 AM »
Imaging if we had to confirm every hide we sold to Murnu?

Yech

But maybe marking something so that if that SPECIFIC object is sold a confirmation is needed is a good idea - no idea how to code it though

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
To much of a mess.  best option is a DM and a Screen Shot.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »
Also, I'm not sure about exactly how hard editing radial menus are... maybe by putting in an extra option you could stop accidental sales.. but i'm not wiz at editing stuff like that.

Virgil, Shattered Husk
Sir Tristan Crowley, Bastard Knight of the Charitable One
Operon Amentlus, Dwarf Magus
Ignatie Carmitru, Vallaki Garda

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »
Also, I'm not sure about exactly how hard editing radial menus are... maybe by putting in an extra option you could stop accidental sales.. but i'm not wiz at editing stuff like that.

So you want to make MORE options, for something that people can't handle the options that are already there?

~Rex

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »
Yes, Rex, his solution is a valid one.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 03:58:35 PM »
Yes, Rex, his solution is a valid one.

I doubt it's doable, especially in the face of all the complaints about having to go through "extraneous" steps, to sell existing material adding yet another step will just create more complaints.

Besides, all you have to do is screen shot the info, and get a hold of a dm.  Most of the DM's have been pretty cool with fixing that sort of goober.

~Rex

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »
It's just a possible way to placate them, I didn't say -I- want it. But that's the only way it would work, carpell Tunnel syndrome causing side-effects aside.

Virgil, Shattered Husk
Sir Tristan Crowley, Bastard Knight of the Charitable One
Operon Amentlus, Dwarf Magus
Ignatie Carmitru, Vallaki Garda

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »
It's just a possible way to placate them, I didn't say -I- want it. But that's the only way it would work, carpell Tunnel syndrome causing side-effects aside.

Easier to screen shot and go DM hunting.  No script then not waste of a developers time trying to code in something to prevent attacks of WHOOPS syndrome (done it a few times myself, but with a bazillion gp in the bank, who cares if I had to buy it back).

~Rex

archonzero

• Dark Lord
    • ArchonZero's Gallery Art
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »
  Thing is I don't gold farm like others do.  I may have a few thousand at any given time, zero in the bank.  When I do go dungeoning and end up making said mistake at a merchant it really does take away from the gains I do make.  Sorry I don't live in dungeons, which is why you will never see my characters at any auction either.  I just don't have the vaunted wealth to make it worthwhile leaving the only reason to go would be to see who buys what.   :|

PS - Yes I would say most DMs are fairly good about it, I've had them replace a cloak once that I accidentally sold.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
  Thing is I don't gold farm like others do.  I may have a few thousand at any given time, zero in the bank.  When I do go dungeoning and end up making said mistake at a merchant it really does take away from the gains I do make.  Sorry I don't live in dungeons, which is why you will never see my characters at any auction either.  I just don't have the vaunted wealth to make it worthwhile leaving the only reason to go would be to see who buys what.   :|

PS - Yes I would say most DMs are fairly good about it, I've had them replace a cloak once that I accidentally sold.

I don't grind either, but then neither do I have expensive magic items to mistakenly SELL, which had to come from somewhere I guess.  My richest PC, falls into money, because others Grind.  Plus, I really don't spend it on anything since there is nothing to buy and the auction prices are retarded (if it was run like an AUCTION, I would be there in a heart beat), so the little bit I gather up here and there tends to compound fairly quick sometimes.

Plus, I stock dungeons, so my money count, is pretty low.  That depends on if there are a bunch of lonely noobs wandering around looking for food and cloak money.  See, Rex not all evil and mean and MAYBE, that might explain why I get irritated at high levels grinding low level dungeons that I just stocked up for the low level party right behind me.

Regardless, this is STILL an issue that is easily solved with a screen shot and a yelp to a DM whenever they pop on and go "Anyone need any Help, Other hten Helaman, who is still Stuck we see."

~Rex