You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Note pinned to the secret basement and mage tower  (Read 4073 times)

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
Note pinned to the secret basement and mage tower
« on: August 05, 2008, 10:36:39 AM »
*removed*
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 02:20:40 PM by k_moustakas »
Has been described as a sometimey player

Eledaar

• Undead Master
  • Who?
Re: Note pinned to the secret basement and mage tower
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »
--
-Ashan Nottiams, Mad Bastard
-Cosmin Slabu, Garda
-Grom, Rat-Eating Scumbag

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 04:47:01 PM »
A taller then average teenage girl adds to the note.

As someone who walks the fine line between both, let me say that there is more to this then just fear, there are 'good' magic users then 'evil' ones are you going to go arm both? How do you tell the difference? Will you arm those that are of dark nature empowering them further? Only to then allow more innocents to die?

The note is left unsigned.

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »
*written in flowing calligraphy in the tower*

It is time for those gifted in the sciences and arts of the arcane to begin policing ourselves. I do not suggest anything as overblown as a public guild or association- there are darker powers then the ignorance of peasents that would make such self destructive. However, we must begin to quietly and secretivly organize, to promote a more socially beneficial form of magic. The peasents may eternally fear us, but so long as the art is abused on frivilous rampages and gambits for power more fuel is only thrown on the fire. In many ways, only we hold the key to saving this benighted land from itself. If altruism is not your speed, consider it preservation- in a few years, who knows- we may even be able to act openly (though I for one, will not be holding my breath).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 06:40:37 PM by Kung Fu Orc »

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:46:54 AM »
An addendum to the note:

I hope all brothers and sisters who registered, are ready to move. The lie has been revealed and their plans to hunt us all no longer a secret.
It is upon us now.

As of such, before the war starts, we aught to be prepared

I am looking for the following items.

Undead impaler spear
Armor of night
Armor of the ebon hand
Bludfire's star of justice
Cloak of silence
Frost bolts
Bulwark of dawn (or anything similar that protects from evil energies)
Any weapon with divine damage

Fang is not an issue. Any amount is payable. Also possible to trade for them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 02:00:28 PM by k_moustakas »

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »
*penned below is yet more to the notes, the hand writing is elegant and scribed in what appears to be magical ink so that it might only be read by those gifted or trained in the arts(wizards mark)*

My fellow practitioners, of course we are in trying times. . .as we of course always are. There is no guild. . .or force. . .or group which polices our actions and prevents those who would cause harm for greed and power. In Bladur's Gate, there was such a group. . .and if the right procautions are taken such can be done here if we but band together and support one another. Some with in the tower know that I have begun researching the arts of enchanting, of course I welcome any others to come and learn with me and debate with me on it. The more we work together the more we can accomplish. Together we can accomplish great things, protect eachother, and prevent those who would go astray and cause harm to our selves and reputations from doing so. I prepose a meeting soon with in the tower, there we of course are safe. If any are keen on such and wish to discuss future plans on unity. . .then please annotate it and we will set a date to accomplish much.
~Flare

archonzero

• Dark Lord
    • ArchonZero's Gallery Art
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 07:26:44 AM »
  *Left in the vicinity of the posted note at the Mage tower. The penned in markings found in the elven arcane language, these symbols are often used by rangers to mark trails or woods, though they have been left loosely in a fashion that can be read almost as a message.  It is outside the common elven writen language and phrases*

Tel'hrive orod barad eska,
  Tel'emyn amin dae aina' a' amin
  Manka rashwe a' lanta
  Aith tel'coiasira en' ooma

//OOC

To those who are versed in both elven languages/arcane and lore (especially elven rangers) it would read

The winter mountain tower is my home
  The hills I shadow are holy ground
  If trouble is to fall then
  Mark the time of your voice

To those who can read elven and speak it.. or any elf unlearned with arcane/lore or ranger cant it would be a poem a song singing of the inherent nature of mountains.

The winter mountain a tall home
  The hills shadowed holy earth
  When trouble rumbles
  Cycled the time of our voice

I'm often hunting, watching or guarding the passes up into the mountains, if not I, the wolves I guardian would carry word.. PM me in game I'm more then likely interested in the details of this

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:31:48 AM by archonzero »

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »
Their registry has been called back. I consider this matter settled. The Risk of open association is too great- one leak in a meeting is all it would take.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 06:10:59 PM »
The attacks of yves have been increasing of late among the outskirts. Alone she cannot be defeated and any who are members of the tower know that it is our purpose to strike out at the undead as the lady of the tower asks as her task for using these facilities. We have more threats now than ever before, we must ban together.  She refuses to listen to reason. . . and word is that she will begin killing. . or has already started.  I call for those who would stand and give us a good reputation, one which can be demonstrated through actions and not words. Those who are unwilling may stand aside. . .those who are willing may find me. I am not hard find after all.
~ Flare
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:46:18 AM by Ellana Twiggy »

mayvind

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »
*suddenly a note was pinned down from thin air written in draconic*

Yes ... where can i find you little one ? We must do something about this... little one please tell me where I can find you and who you might be..
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:20:47 PM by mayvind »

kezzalord

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
I did not write the note previously, though it's author seems to know and present my intentions clear as I would.
If you wish to meet me, leave a note here with at least two days notice and I will find you outside the cave near the Vistani camp in the western outskirts of Vallaki that day at dawn. I encourage the use of false names and anonymity for these meetings at first... you are free to reveal your identity to me and it will be kept hidden but for now I believe there is greater safety in secrecy.
~ Sparks

// ooc: Sparks is "Narell", PM me in game if you're arranging a meeting.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:24:31 PM by kezzalord »
Rell.
Lilly Feyglow.
Rose/Sparks ("Narell").

kezzalord

• New to the Mists
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 10:43:26 PM »
The previous note is amended in place:

...I do not wish to be misunderstood. This is not, and I will not be arranging any form of warband to deal with errants of our kind. Though I was born as a weapon and I will kill to defend myself and my kind, I will only do so when all other avenues are gone.

The guards seek to control us, and for the most part we are unjustly feared. Those new to these lands often have none to warn them of how they'll be treated or offer them safety. These are the things I am trying to change and I welcome those who wish to do the same.

~Sparks
Rell.
Lilly Feyglow.
Rose/Sparks ("Narell").

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 12:27:04 AM »
 Another letter is put up

Who are we too say that this Yves is wrong in its actions? Her actions could easily be a reaction to how our kind is treated, and it might be you, or it could be she is trying too force us too make a stand against the persecution from those without understanding?

If you seek to organise our kind into one whole, you need too stand up, you need too prove you are capable and confident enough too stand against the Taint. Not hide in Shadow.
I have seen none of our kind who has the force of will to show us our path into the future

If an organisation formed too police us, you force us down the path the Barovians want us too walk, And that will only serve too enslave us.

But meetings should be held, simply to let us know where we all stand. I propose we meet on grounds with no ties too any of us.

Enma

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 01:52:54 AM »
Agreed to all. We need to find a safe meeting grounds where we can all discuss things and form a course of action. I will of course welcome all view points. . . and I will consider all options as we present our arguments. There is a place with in the tower which is hidden. Many of us should know of it and we should be able to speak there and present our cases. This is my preposed place to meet, if all are comfortable with it. If not. . .then we must decide upon another location, one where we know we shall not be disturbed by any outsiders to our powers. I am always open for suggestions.
~Flare

//ooc: sorry about the miss siggy there on that post above, amended it. Was tired and had mind on other things at the time while playing. I have the whole weekend off starting friday morning 8 am est. till monday night 5pm est. If any are inclined then we can try to set up a group meeting to debate and speak.

PinkTarantula

• Undead Master
  • Epic Skill Focus : Haiku
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 10:25:16 AM »
One morning, smiley faces and crudely drawn sheep appear all over all the notes.  Someone must've had a ball.
Blacken and sin, accept and be swept

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 12:02:41 PM »
// I give up. THere is no way I can get a "Items for trade" note without starting a mage guild or somebody removing it. (lol?)

Haplo Nexus

• Dark Lord
  • "Innocence proves nothing."
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 03:51:57 PM »
[Ariana frowns, seeing Yves' note and tears it off, burning it swiftly]
Pride's a flaw we'll take advantage of...

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 03:40:47 PM »
*removed*
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 02:21:05 PM by k_moustakas »

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 04:22:51 PM »
A second note is pinned beneath the first:

"I am sure we can come to an accomodation".

Calor
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 06:15:56 AM »
*updated*

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 12:44:34 PM »
Updated

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »
-note tacked on in simple writing-

I'd be interested in looking at a few items more closely if we could setup a meeting. Can find me usually around the outskirts or the Church of Ezra

Bolson Caraway Templar of Ezra

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 02:20:11 PM »
*all notes have been taken down*