You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: XP System- XP Capping & Remakes  (Read 1764 times)

Eledaar

• Undead Master
  • Who?
XP System- XP Capping & Remakes
« on: July 30, 2008, 06:52:16 PM »
Hey,

Sooo...  I may have mixed up a domain slightly when I made my character - an honest mistake which was corrected painlessly by a good DM.

It seems, however, that this has come back to be a problem for me.  The rapid level gain from the remake (occurred yesterday, I think?) must be counting into the XP system, which is not allowing me to advance in level.  The original character was created about a week ago, maybe a bit more.  Is this functioning properly?

This isn't a major concern, really, as it's only been apparent this afternoon and evening, but I thought I would bring it up.

If someone would be so kind as to PM me with some details as to how this might affect me, I'd appreciate it.
Really in the dark about the system - not that I want any spoilers.  I rather like it under normal circumstances.
-Ashan Nottiams, Mad Bastard
-Cosmin Slabu, Garda
-Grom, Rat-Eating Scumbag

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Re: Experience Script & Remakes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 07:11:33 PM »
Having a remake done usually fills your XP cap, takes a few days without hardcore XP gains to go down and allow the free flow of XP

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
Re: XP System- XP Capping & Remakes
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:28:16 PM »
Nef's right, sadly - however we try not to remake characters unless there's something we really can't fix about them or the player wishes it (in which case it's the players own decision).

Usually when it's done it doesn't have that big of an impact, though level 10> characters may have to slow down for a bit.

Bottom line: if there's something bothering you that you need to change in order to fully be able to enjoy your character, go ahead and make a remake request about it, because your experiance pool refill quickly anyway.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Re: XP System- XP Capping & Remakes
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:32:19 PM »
Nef's right, sadly

Give the man a cookie, he had to agree with me  :lol:

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Knas

• Developers