Author Topic: random spawning possibility  (Read 1533 times)

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
random spawning possibility
« on: July 22, 2008, 03:22:47 AM »
now ive talked a bit with blue bomber, and ive told him this idea, that you folks might or might not like.

random spawns, lets say on the road of the lake you get iether worgs and gremishkas or what ever they are called, how about we randomnise them, walk by POOF a pack of normal bandits are there or trolls etc etc no certainty, the only certainty would be that there will be a spawn the question would be WHAT will spawn.
now this only all around the server, except backgrounded areas.

and like in most caves like that of the one of the knuckle farming crypt past the orphanage, one day it has ogres one day vamps the next its just some rats.   

please your feedback on this, and give sugestions for certain random spawns for areas (makes it easyer for the builders)

my idea as sullen wood is a background area i say add shadow rats and deeper in shadow wolves to the spawn possibilities.

ps/ its 9:12 am havnt had any sleep yet il reread when i had sleep to see if it makes enough sense as it does atm for me
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: random spawning possibility
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 04:01:18 AM »
I like the idea, but would like it more if there wasn't a certainty of anything spawning.  That makes it more unpredictable and foreboding.  People might not want to waste buffs to pass along a scary road if there's only a 25% chance that something will attack them, and then suddenly they're surrounded by beasts and unprepared!

boompowclash

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 04:02:46 AM »
Sure!  Even if the encounter level was low, randomized Were-bat spawns (for example) could do a great thing for immersion.

*area trans*
[The starlight here is blotted out by a myriad of swift, flapping shapes.  In mere seconds the werebats are upon you!]

I also like what you said about NORMAL bandits and the like.  Good post Dutchy...get some rest :P

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 06:21:41 AM »
Our systems fully support all these features, and it is already in place in some areas - the problem is more that it takes a lot of time to revise all these things...

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 10:37:20 AM »
ah but bluebomber said he could do it easely to implement this for likemost of the server spawns,  :mrgreen:   

so it is possible and we got a confirm that it takes work but probably not backbreaking swet work........i think this would be good for diversion it, will even more encourage party's, also what a sneaker got past yesterday wont be able today as the spawn has changes thus they need a fighter and archers to walk with them.     
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company