You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: NWN2  (Read 1815 times)

Moroshni

• New to the Mists
NWN2
« on: July 05, 2008, 11:46:25 PM »
When is the NWN2 version of POTM going to come out? I  played here  on this server a lot about a long time ago. like 3 years ago or something.

Anyways.. been holding my breath for too long now...

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: NWN2
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:22:55 AM »
I think Nwn 2 is a long way.

We've yet to switch to 1.69 which will bring a bunch of goodies. Developpers will also implement a few new domains (Hazlan and Dementlieu), so you can expect Nwn 1 to run for a very long time (years) if we even switch.

Nwn 2 Pw's (RP) community is split between 3 or 4 major severs at the moment, and its ever decreasing in terms of popularity. I do hope the next expansion will bring all the goodies for the Multiplayer community to prosper, or you can expect Nwn 2 to quickly die out, saddly.

Edit:

Add to that the fact we are a very small market: Nwn 2  :arrow: Pw  :arrow: RP  :arrow: Ravenloft Setting.

Aside the players we've got and a few curious, there isn't many Ravenloft adepts out there in a Nwn 2 community that is geared towards a Torilian setting.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:35:47 AM by DM Heretic »

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:32:58 AM »
Considering NWN1 was crap until 2nd expansion came out in terms of Persistant Worlds, I've got fingers crossed that round 2 for NWN2 will be promising.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »
Some of us are also playing on an old shoebox we rigged to play games on.
So, some games, especially massively inefficient games like NWN2, can't be played by some of us.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 05:05:28 AM »
Yeah... I bought the special edition of NWN2 the day it came out, and I only played it twice.  I was very unimpressed... and lagging while unimpressed.