Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Druid Armors?

(1/4) > >>

penny:
So, Adriana made her first 1k fang. Exciting, right? It's like a milestone for lowbies.. upgrading from that starting armor. So excited was I that I went to buy some nice armor for her in Degannwy. Denied!

Seeing as the enchanted ironwood armors were taken out of Degannwy, could there perhaps be a druid-only store where they can get decent armors? They don't have a whole lot of options, and I'd hate to have to cheese and make steel chainmail have the ironwood chest appearance, and I'll pretty much die if I use only leather. And there's not even any good leather to use in the mod.

I'm not sure why they were taken out in the first place, they weren't particularly powerful.  But taking them out severely limited a druid's options. Rogues and mages have their own stores so why not druids? They have special needs since they're prohibited from using anything remotely protective because of their oaths. I'm not asking for like, uber powerful stuff. I don't even -want- that. I'd just like to see the enchanted ironwood stuff back in stores, because as it is my druid has no reason to save up for anything. There's no better gear to look forward to. Other classes get to upgrade and stuff.. even wizards. But, because of a druid's oaths, we can't upgrade our armor or shield.

Edit: Perhaps it could be craftable in woodworking?

I feel like I'm talking in circles, so if you want a tl;dr, then here it is: Please put the enchanted ironwood stuff in a store for only druids. Thanks.

Rex:
Never really cared for the Suped up Druid Armor (especially since Ironwood is a Forgotten Realms thing), so my Druid doesn't miss it.  In fact I recently through his one set into the trash because it looked gay, and went back to hides.  Honestly, considering the AB of anything you have to fight after 6th level, the measely little bit you get from Druid Armor, doesn't amount to squat.  You still get hammered.

More useful to save weight and be more true to setting form for me.

~Rex

Nefensis:
Took out the ironwood stuff? Im not too keen on that being taken out, was a nice option for druids or other more nature related characters.

edited to add: Only the enchanted armors were taken (also the spot and hide bows) would be nice if woodworker could also created enchanted ironwood armors type?

What's up with the spot and hide bows thought.. cant make anything like it with the crafting system as it is. Is that gone for good?

penny:

--- Quote from: Rex on July 04, 2008, 11:56:18 PM ---Never really cared for the Suped up Druid Armor (especially since Ironwood is a Forgotten Realms thing), so my Druid doesn't miss it.  In fact I recently through his one set into the trash because it looked gay, and went back to hides. 
--- End quote ---

Ironwood is a druid spell. Not an actual wood. You take wood, and make it as hard as Iron. That's why I think it should be druid-specific.

I do like the idea of "wooden" armor being craftable though.

k_moustakas:
Well, you need money, so when they spawn somewhere and the vardo's get to them, you can buy it off them :)

I think the main complaint was that enchanted items in stores reduced the usefulness of crafters?

And if you ask me, I think most scrolls should be removed from stores as well. It is supposed to be a low magic server after all. Anyone with enough money can go and buy prismatic spray and shadow shield as of now. Make the casters work for their magic as everyone else works for their swords/armors etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version