Author Topic: Mining iron, a bit overkill ?  (Read 3782 times)

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Mining iron, a bit overkill ?
« on: July 04, 2008, 06:00:08 PM »

Adapting to the new load to carry was a step and the no buffing was another, but now to get to some iron i have to slay an entire floor of monsters, and being a loner lvl 12 just dosn't cut it. It's the only place to get iron from in the whole server, there's a blacksmith in the village of Barovia, no one ever goes there, put some iron there i'll never leave. But right now getting the iron from the dwarven mine makes me feel like a farmer due to the constant repetition of slaying the place. Getting a crew to help me do so won't make that go away, some people actually use the place for adventure and all they'll find is an empty place with a Roland mining away. Upping the respawn of monsters isnt the answer either. I don't know if removing the iron from the upper level was some kind of ploy to make the crafting system harder but i cant say i agree too much with that. What's next, a bone golem guarding the copper veins?

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Mining iron, a bit overkill ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 06:23:06 PM »
Dwarven greed, coupled with Outlanders' have drained all the iron there is at the upper levels. Happens all the times in RL mines, Ravenloft isn't an exeption, mankind always go deeper and deeper when it comes to ressources.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 07:15:47 PM »
Permanent.. world.  :facepalm:

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 09:37:43 PM »
So when can expect Iron seams in the next level down EO?

[edit] leave personal attacks out of this - Talek
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 12:29:43 AM by ŠTalek »

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »
Iron rocks are still on the floor with the umber hulk and the dark stalkers -_-

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 07:46:15 AM »
I don't believe there's been any changes to this lately..?

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 11:25:27 AM »
Might have been a freak occurrence, i found some rocks on the mine level a few hours later

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »
no it whas mined empty people mine alot, thus the seams are empty till they respawn  ain a freak occurance :D  ive mined them empty a few times on a day now.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

DM Shadowspawn

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 01:05:28 PM »
Only reason this is likely occuring is the plethora of smiths and others entering the mines on a frequent basis. 

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 01:21:37 PM »
Like i said, freak occurance, was no one in the smithy or in the mine but anyways, its a moot point.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »
About time for the Dorfs to form the Line again to keep all the Longshanks out of the mines.  :)

There are LOT's of new folk running around and a Lot of new people diving into the crafts.  Combine this with the folks that can still somehow run carrying half a ton of material, well, Supply and Demand says it all.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

failed.bard

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 09:59:28 PM »
About time for the Dorfs to form the Line again to keep all the Longshanks out of the mines.  :)

There are LOT's of new folk running around and a Lot of new people diving into the crafts.  Combine this with the folks that can still somehow run carrying half a ton of material, well, Supply and Demand says it all.

~Rex

Druids after 5th level (I think) could run carrying a ton.  Wiz's need 9th level spells to run with that much, but can walk with 1600 with a good buff.  Fighters can help put the ore in bags or something, makes them feel useful.

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 12:01:14 AM »
actually. . .there is a vein of iron, coal, copper, and tin near barovia village.  Easily obtainable by anyone lvl 9 and up.   It's not as plentiful as in the dwarven mines, but its still there.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »
actually. . .there is a vein of iron, coal, copper, and tin near barovia village.  Easily obtainable by anyone lvl 9 and up.   It's not as plentiful as in the dwarven mines, but its still there.

WOW!! Find me in game with this info!

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

failed.bard

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 12:46:20 PM »
Easily obtainable be mages, priests, and people with death ward potions over level 9.

Ellana Twiggy

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »
heh. true. . .i've died once due to the aura on the boss there.  No death protections yet, so i try to keep my distance till i can kill her with spells.