Author Topic: The Ranger that got lost  (Read 6311 times)

Budly

• Dark Power
The Ranger that got lost
« on: July 04, 2008, 12:16:50 PM »
OOC NOTE: People wanting to add a note, thoughts, meeting or similar to this thread are welcome. To great and evolve the charachter I am open to have others writting in here IC If they deem It needed at the moment. Of course not to be metagamed, morely a fun thing.

EXTRA NOTE: I do know this is not a bio, far from perhaps. I am sorry for missplacing.

IC: I have now spent a few weeks in this land.

Cursed land, cursed people...No one seems at home. Why was I sent here I do not yet know or how I got here. The mist eats all whom have travelled to these lands. The night Is never secure to travell in anywhere but in this land...they are cruder. Much more crude then anywhere else.

Luckly...finding friends was not a large problem...I take It they are as lost and gone as me, into this realm of hatred and bad blood.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 06:22:54 AM by Budly »

Budly

• Dark Power
Re: The Ranger that got lost
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 04:43:11 AM »
Entry 2, date: I do not really know time nor date.

I been exploring my surroundings now. I seen the elf settlement and I seen the dwarven, that large dark stone gives me chills. It shakens the earth and Is like a distinct note that all the dwarfs will crumble and fall like their own caves. I also travelled to Village Barovia. Lady Belinda has been showing me various areas to avoid and simular. Things I never seen I have seen in a few weeks simply.

I meet more people aside her that a friendly, Isal'wyn and Nara'ia. Or Isal and Nara. I believe all of these, are of elf blood. But the hateful people of this realm seem not to like the fair race. I do not understand them, Aside others I meet Is Ryoga who helped me on my first day but he been gone of late, perhaps eaten by the nights? I did see how the werebats on my own flew down and attacked us and I had to flee to the Vistani camp by night. I don't know If i exaggerate but they seemed not happy to have a traveller there by night. There is of course more people I spoken to here or travelled with and I appreciate It all. Some people more then others of course.

But these lands are sick, I seen assassins, fought undead in crypts and ran from were's creatures. And I thought I would have a calm life in the forest back home...I am still considering this being a continent thrown in mist in Faerun.

I read of the curse of Barovia aswell, could the curse been flunged at It when the dwarf found the stone?

I write this, for my childrens I believe to perhaps read in the future If I would ever have the luck of gaining any.

//I gladly discuss OOC questions/complains and so on in PM's.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 11:43:30 AM »
Be home well now son! Please! Last ti.....

He cut her from saying a full sentence.

Of course mother, There Is no problem! I am simply heading for Johanders house. What Is It? sevenhundred and fifty meters from here?

His Mother smiled and hugged her only soon

If you say so my dearest Aleyi!

His father, a tall, beardy man with a pipe in his mouth chuckles and mumbled out of his beard, eating on a bread

Our sons though! He can manage our calm forests nights, no rumours of bandits or simular. But head caution anyway son. Your cousin you so dear Is coming tomorrow with her new husband. His a city man...

Aleyi gave away a soft smile and said

No worry father, I be home safe and sound. The animals knows us and bandits are not here, what can then hurt me? The mist?

Aleyi and his father laughed loudly at the joke, His mother still glancing with a concerned smile and then he went out the door...the fog around the small lake was normal but to night it seem thicker.

The mist will eat me...what a crazy imagination...

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 07:08:41 PM »
A man appears close to the borders of Barovia from the Borcan side. He mumbles and stretches and throws a glance at the sky.

He then eye's the Barovian land from where he stands, mumbling yet again.

He sighs and gives away the words

What a damn journey this was....time to return....ergh...

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 04:39:55 AM »
Being tortured by the guards for something silly in Aleyi's mind, disgraced and frowned at by the sick, twisted people of Barovia made his dislike for this nation grow tenfold. Head turned towards the dirt road with closed eye's, in his mind somewhere he sworn to return the favor one day. After all, as he thought himself, a king and a begger is the same out in the wild. No title will help you there...

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 06:32:05 PM »
Stability? Stability Is needed....a unstable house will fall for the wind, a bad balance in battle will defeat you.

So easily can a fragile balance be destroyed, this cursed realm brings nothing but pain and wounded friendships. How can so much change so fast? Aleyi wonder, He felt stable for a while until he left for Borca but now It all feel lost and his friends been whipped into feeling guilt, loyality to this town of devils and brigands.

Sick...sick...bastards, If I just had the powers of Elminster in the stories I heard....or a arch mage they all would see...with their gods and their "scheme's" Or even better, the powers of a arch druid...natures fury!

Cluttery thoughts of Aleyi.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »
Aleyi sat in the inn, drinking alone by night. some other patrons sat in the inn, Broken Bell.

Latest days gossip...all those strange things happening to the inn. Aleyi could not help but wonder how those rebells would dare to do such a mad attack...at the heart...of Barovia, It was of course exagerated that It was the heart but he knew It was a large town.

This made him think yet again of the odd note he found once some months ago when he was newly flunged into the cursed mist realm. He sipped on his ale and sighed as he glanced outside through a window.

Bloody damn darkness and Its vile abominations...

He thought to himself.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 04:28:02 AM »
He stood there, glancing after her walking down the street. She wanted to be alone and Aleyi accepted it, it was clearly not times to argue. She disappeared from his sight into the odd mornings of Barovia. As if a mist always lay there.

His hair was soaking wet, since a guard took him for having the hood up and even fined him, the corrupted bastard....even fined him even if he took the damn hood off. He hated the guards, hated the city, hate the natives like nothing else. He walked towards the Lady's rest, angered and sad of the latest events but he clearly would not lay down and die.

A animal caught in a corner will attack he thought and the Barovians clearly pushed outlanders and rebel alike into such corners and in the end they would be handling a gigantic up-rise he believe. He himself hoped a horde of any nation back home would come, at least of any nation of some what standards. Not those Thayans at least...And that damn Nocia he thought, a woman? Of such high rank in this country? Aleyi knew that if he had been an arch mage or druid the court house he was in last day would not been standing there today.

Beaten by a militia man and shunned away by so called friends of his friend that still was not locked up in a dungeon somewhere, being beaten and what else in the sick mind of Barovians could think of. He arrived at the Lady's rest and he glanced inside the empty serving room and sat down by the chair by the fire, staring into it.

So calm, so warming and helpful yet it could  grow like a little bear and tear asunder people. Diffrent ways but as dead by both ways. He sighed deeply and awaited the night most early this day.

At least the fire was warm and gave a feeling of being secure. What would come now he did not know. At least he lived for now himself in this crazed and sick land that is afraid of tiniest sort of spell but themself are the cruelest and most evil people he knew.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:33:47 AM by Budly »

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 06:00:49 AM »
Aleyi left the cavern for the second time in a short time. He had been slaying the Gremishka of the cavern.

First his friends are in trial then Denalie's burial had just been. He did not even know the poor woman was dead. It did determine him to fight harder and achieve his goals, what now those goals are he barely knew himself. His feelings was mixed and he had a time full of thought wondering how he should take the latest events and what to do.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 06:42:09 AM »
Aleyi had walked around the Residential district for hours, he read the signs. It seemed he was in the wrong part of town or that damn idiot, Militiaman Thomas had lied!

He deserved to be beaten like a deer captured by a hungry bear Aleyi mumbles lowly.

He noticed the coming dusk,..he know he was to far away from the gates to get to them in time so he had to venture down the sewers. He stumbled upon some bandits...he glanced at them from distance as he noticed a secret door....what was inside was horrid...he left in shock quickly running down the sewers. It seemed that more and more rats was showing themself and in the end he had to start to cut them through to get anywhere.

The sewers was like a labyrinth. He walked in circles at some places, trying to find a way out of the sewers outside of town. After all he knew there was many tunnels about here and there, wide systems. But the rats would prove to be to many...They swarmed over him and he could not hold them back. He feel ill from their bites more and more as he walked. As he was close to collapsing yet another bunch came at him and swarmed him like locust on a crops.

He later awoke, in the temple of Ezra. With a familiar and friends face looking down at him, she had saved him yet again.

//Thanks to Nara'ia, Galdor and Belinda for this RP!

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »
Aleyi walked through the forest close to Deganwy. He suddenly stopped...hearing the sound of something close by in the bushes. He glances over and retreated down from the road, keeping a hand on his blade.

He kneeled abit aside a large stone. Out from the bush a small wolf came out, it was howling lowly and walked badly. A large stick had pierced its paw and it was breathing heavily. He hesitated a bit to move up at first but then he stood up

Hey there...

He said, the wolf stepped back a bit and glanced at him. He walked up closer and kneeled again, he opened his bag and took out a metal can, he opened it and left it on the ground in front of him, with some dried meat inside.

Come...I wish no harm.

The wolf circled around him for a bit, Aleyi tried to reach out to it and it snapped at his hand. He quickly remove his hand and raises his hands up

Easy easy!

He pushed the can up to the wolf...having some distance to Aleyi it started to eat. He then snuck around it and somehow managed to grab the paw and take out the stick. The wolf got a bit furious over this and tried once more to attack Aleyi but upon noticing him taking out the stick it walked away a bit and glanced at him. it returned to him and sat down, it held the bleeding paw up to him. He grabbed it and banadages it. Aleyi tapped it's head and stood up

I leave you now young one!

He walked down the road with something stalking him in the vegetation, it would not be the last time they meet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aleyi had just learned of Belinda's good news, it made him happy but upon seeing that filthy Thomas Ashford, the militia man in the Ezrite temple made him furious. After some gossip and ranting the group inside the temple went off to baptize a man. Belinda was gone, tired of the argument's that Aleyi bring-ed. Although she would later on show up on the road with honey for all to drink and make peace over.

They ventured up the mountains a bit, past the old mine or was at least what Aleyi thought it was. The whole ritual was odd in Aleyi's eye's. Grand scheme's and binding oneself to some supreme power. Aleyi noticed that something was sneaking about. It was that wolf again, He turned towards it and waved at it to go hide. The others would clearly kill it at sight or so he thought. Specially the males in the collection.

Aleyi himself glances at Thomas with dislike. He perhaps was childish but he could not help but believe that the man was out to lure him away and have him killed. He lied about the shop he told existed and had Aleyi looking for it so hard he forgot time, being stormed by rats in an attempt to escape through the sewers.

The ritual was over, It was time to turn back to town before the curfew would be bringed along with the harsh hostile nights of this crazed realm.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 04:31:34 PM »
Aleyi stood by the vistani camp, his last night had been horrible. Captured by the guards for breaking curfew....some damn fool told upon him for taking a step or two out to check on his friends!

He was both happy and angered at what just had happended to let him out again. But he felt, sitting in there would not make him able to protect those he did care of in this cursed realm, nor would his mother and father wish to see him rot in some jail! He was called a shadow by Bel sort of he thought. His new work was not something he liked although, but it would make him possible to keep an eye on things.

He sighed, selling off some pelts, buying a cloak he would use in his dirty work. As much as he disliked the guard, he now had to work with them...in some sort of way or take the consequences....and he did not wish those right nowm If ever in his lifetime in this cursed realm.

He cursed the mist in his mind, knowing he could do nothing at all. 

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »
A ghostly abomination showed itself in the outskirts, Aleyi had to run inside the inn after a bit. Never seeing such a thing...at least this way before...He did not know what to think. But a tombstone of Thomas Ashford showed up and to Aleyi that was a good sign. He did not like the man. Something was odd with him, a little attention seeking idiot. Militia, Ezrite....filthy bastard he thought and just knew the fool tried to get Aleyi jailed or simila a few times.

Perhaps even he who arranged this to happen to Aleyi?

//Unana....sorry! :D Heeh if you take offense do tell me!

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »
He stood inside the cabin...of Bevis, the monsters where all around....They argued...suddently the little bastard fired of his broom as he called it..
It killed of the woman he called witch...Aleyi went out shortly after.....he was tired...hungry...Outside...he heard the bell from the house....calling the guards.

They stormed out of the gates. Aleyi stayed away by moving towards the back of the house. Upon seeing Jinx he walked up to her to greet her when he heard the guards yelling out an arrest order...it was by then Jinx had indirectly without intention to do so save Aleyi from an arrest. He slipped into the dark night and managed ot get away from this. Even after giving Bevis a punch over the nose for shooting down a woman!

//Sorry! Hastly written, late at night. Will hopefully write it morely out tomorrow.  :)

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 05:53:26 PM »
Even after being healed he felt in his soul how the mauls of the bouncer had hit him, he sat down in his room, dropping tears of sadness and anger. He felt as if he should jump down a cliffside or go out to kill first best guard he could get over. That crazed woman and told him....to keep away...And  the damn Prancing Nymph was a place of hatred for him...he did not know what to do.

He was shattered inside.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 06:25:09 PM »
What he saw in there...scarred and scared him...A old friend.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 05:55:23 AM »
Aleyi took a step inside the Broken Bell, early morning. He glanced around the empty inn that he so many timed called cursed yet ironically enough, the only inn he ever himself got hurt in been the Lady's rest from what he remember.

The now dull and not so lively in layed silently in morning. But he remembered before....months ago when many stayed here! It was lively and song...and people was enthusiastic about the theater projects. Now they all had died and he could not help to get a bit nostalgic even if it only been some months ago. Perhaps no one was interest in this small market inn? Perhaps had it been better days it would flourish and grow like a flower by summer if it had been more people coming here to trade in Barovia.

He went upstairs, hired a room and just sat down, writting down a bit more in his journal. Odd feelings that the inn was so empty yet again flowed over him. Upstairs was even more silent and dead then downstairs where Igor would be heard muttering perhaps or whom now it was at times. He frowned and smiled to old memories, and scratched his head at things he never got to understand of what went on in here.

Since there was many things he did not understand in this world...he was simply just another small fish in a big sea with giant like fishes and evil fishermen.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 05:59:41 AM by Budly »

Budly

• Dark Power
Sleep little ranger...sleep! Or the night wolf get you!
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 01:42:53 AM »
Sleep little ranger...sleep, he heard his mothers voice in his dreams. Her shouting when he was a small child. How she tried to get him to sleep.

Your father won't come home yet so sleep my dearest! She would tell him. Often she was right but one time his father came om early from errands with many gifts from the towns! It was so interesting and curiosity was high of these foreign things. Aleyi always been a silent and wellmannered child, just the way his father wanted him. That is what one become by caring parents he always proclaimed.

And welmannered to this family was not to hang about in bars all days, drinking yourself inunderstandable drunk and sleeping with new people all the time. From time to time yes perhaps but if it happened to much....Aleyi's father would show what he thought with a club to the head.

But it was noticeable that when Aleyi got pressed, insecure or in danger he would lose his more "nice" ways for instincts one could say. He would go rude...barking like a dog. His dream although moved on, he stood on a field behind some other woodsmen. His father, uncle, sisters husband and other men from the forest. Even some elf was there. Some orcs made a mess and was to be stopped. The wall made out of arrows, well a bit exaggerated but the arrows cleaved down a lot of orcs.

They where a bit like rats....Old Cainy said, he laughed and showed his bad teeth doing so. He said, shot the first one you see or ignore it and soon you have a hundred eating your food, stealing your children's and driving you from your home...that man had been with many women they said. Aleyi's mother said his mind melted from all the heated nights. Aleyi rose a brow at that, being a bit older now and understanding more.

Aleyi slowly awoke in the middle of night in Deganwy, he had resided there for some days. Vallaki he did not enjoy. A city of decadence and similar, the Barovians was so proud yet their nation was pathetic. They thought they had a secure town seemingly? The outskirts did not count into that it seemed. He glanced around the large dark room he had layed down in. He sighed relaxingly and felt grateful to be in here in the elven settlement. After all...he would not ask for a room or a better resting place. They told him to feel like home but not yet, one shall work for it. Like a farms hand works for his living.

He still remembered the dream and thought of other memories, the bear that attacked him. Death of his uncle and of course happier times and some memories even from the mist realm. Some where still good and there where more to come. He layed down again on his simple bedroll and glanced into the ceiling. It was after all still dark and he tried to sleep. He layed atleast for another hour just thinking. Where is life taking one?

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 01:03:49 PM »
Notes in Aleyi's journal

Promises are crushed, vows become broken! Hearts and souls are shattered

Death and decay, spreading like plague

Evil and corruption, among it all I shall stand strong. A vigilant force of morality and equality.

Promises are crushed, vows broken...

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 04:42:32 AM »
Her kisses was like getting the heart ripped out yet alluring and good like a devine creature. Damn that woman....Aleyi murmured when he walked from the place where she resided, feeling ill both from disease and soul draining. What she spoke of confused him. He was confused and did not know what to do. He knew this was wrong...He been used as food! Again! By the!

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »
Aleyi climbed out from the beetles nest, he dragged out Steya aswell. His wolf companion. He was drained in beetles intestines and rubbed his face.

Damn...the beetles...

He felt good for venturing inside and manage to go the way into the hive mothers room and slayed the beasts. His anger fueled him. He kicked a pebble down the holes again and dragged along a big sack filled with beetle parts for trade and another with mushrooms for the Vistani lady. Although he got shocked it was night and had to run and sneak his way to security.

Nature and Ezra....

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 06:29:41 PM »
*written in a small note in Aleyi's journal*

What saves us from the past? Friends and foes of the future perhaps? No....your own hard work and upholding of your self esteem it is, maybe? Perhaps?

He had been in Deganwy every night....sitting thinking of the damn woman. Blasted woman...once a friend now a shell of her former self. His mind filled with this and other things seemingly making him confused and bit disoriented at times.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 07:42:45 PM »
He sat there on the bench in the Ezrite temple, looking down on his wounded leg...cut up several times by a blade. He frowned himself and wondered what the hell he was thinking when this happended. He was confused and lost...the words told was not to his liking...but he could not do much else then try to change...

He yet again had feelings of being alone, against all in this misty realm. He grinned in pain again and layed down, falling asleeping thinking of the toret and what she would do now to him...he had been acting like a fool after all...Ezra...guide me....scuse me...my dearest Toret...he lowly muttered.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 06:45:14 PM »
That thing...the little bastard...Damn witch! Sneaking in the shadows....Steya lunched out and distracted him but she is only a young wolf pup.

The damn thing spoke of Nymphs....beautiful nymphs....was obvious who sent the little shit and Aleyi went hastly inside Deganwy, swearing revenge....but he felt nervous and frightened of this...he did not have powers or economy to counter this...

They will see....they will see...nature's wrath on them all....Ezra...Ezra....fifth.....he muttered laying on his bedroll in Deganwy.

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2008, 05:58:45 AM »
I hear her in my dreams...she speaks to me to bring her truth.

"BLESSED BE THE HAND THAT SCRIBES, THE EYE THAT WATCHES, THE EAR THAT WILL GIVE HEED, THE LIMBS THAT WILL RUSH.

FOR THIS IS THE CLARION ANNOUNCING HER COMING, THE END OF ALL AND NONE, THE FINAL EMBRACE, THE BLESSED UNION."

I am the Clarion of her coming!

The first!

And the third!

The fourth!

And the fifth!

The place!

The whip!

The sin all over again!

Notes written in Aleyis journal, a few days into his campaign for the truth