Author Topic: Dwarf population - Elven population  (Read 5876 times)

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
Re: Dwarf population - Elven population
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 12:24:08 PM »
i think its nice to iether expand these two cities giving them more debt OR thin them out, as vallaki had a gaurd power take over with the new gaurd faction leader thingy, might be nice to see somthing like that happen in other citys.

instead of foccusing just on valliki i think it would be good to involve other citys to.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

Khuzadrepa

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 08:45:54 PM »
What always surprised me most is the general acceptance with which the dwarven and elven settlements accept outsiders to walk amongst them.  Dwarves and elves tend to be very xenophobic according to everything I can remember... I always thought those settlements should have locks on the doors with guards, only allowing access to proven friends (given by DM quests, etc) and giving more reason to want to go there (maybe with a revamping after it's been closed off.)
I don't see any reason to make them sinkholes in order to spice them up, to me that seems boring... there are plenty of other things that could be done to create springboards to adventure with them.
aka Warreck Banevich
Dogma of the Morninglord: "Justice comes to all evildoers eventually, not by man's laws, but by your hand and the tortuous paths of fate."

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 10:04:10 PM »
What always surprised me most is the general acceptance with which the dwarven and elven settlements accept outsiders to walk amongst them.  Dwarves and elves tend to be very xenophobic according to everything I can remember... I always thought those settlements should have locks on the doors with guards, only allowing access to proven friends (given by DM quests, etc) and giving more reason to want to go there (maybe with a revamping after it's been closed off.)
I don't see any reason to make them sinkholes in order to spice them up, to me that seems boring... there are plenty of other things that could be done to create springboards to adventure with them.

Alright, I'll bite.  What other things?

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Khuzadrepa

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »
Alright, I'll bite.  What other things?

~Rex

Well, settlements like that have all kinds of problems that people could be contracted to take care of...  the dwarves might need certain supplies they can't find for themselves in their halls... the elves might take an interest in stopping a logging group in a discreet way... the possibilities are as endless as the imagination.

Those two groups in particular I would think could be a great source of certain magical items (nothing unbalancing of course) and I think that dwarven steel has unfortunately lost some ground with the new crafting system in place (not a complaint, just an observation that their stuff might need tweaking) or just with exotic materials in general.

Just my two cents :)  *drops them in the bucket with some clanging noises*
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 12:44:23 AM by Khuzadrepa »
aka Warreck Banevich
Dogma of the Morninglord: "Justice comes to all evildoers eventually, not by man's laws, but by your hand and the tortuous paths of fate."