Author Topic: Dearest Drudoc  (Read 1718 times)

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
Dearest Drudoc
« on: June 26, 2008, 12:30:25 PM »
//I'm not sure where this letter fits.  If the moderator feels this is the wrong place, feel free to move it. 

Several notes appear around Vallaki and the Morninglord crypts.  All are addressed to Drudoc in the chance that she sees them.

Dearest Drudoc

We are indeed finished.  You turned your back on your god, your friends, your children and all those who did nothing more than try to help you.  Your bitterness towards those of us who loved you can no longer be blamed on a mind gone mad.  You are indeed an evil being. 

If you understand nothing else, understand this:  I feel absolutely no responsibility for your turn towards evil. Do not deceive yourself into believing that the guilt you think I feel exists anywhere but in your mind.  I feel no guilt and no responsibility. Do not attempt to draw on emotions I don't feel.

Henceforth, you will be treated like every other evil piece of filth that inhabits this land.  You completed the puzzle that became your life the day you murdered an innocent man in the asylum.  Yes, it is a horrible place. Yes, you may've been mistreated.  No, I did not think it was a good idea to take you there.  If there's an iota of rationality still left in your twisted mind, you may just remember I suggested you be taken to Vicar Miklos and be held in some kind of half-consciousness until Yves was captured, killed, and her body burned.  I was overruled.  So be it. 

No matter your treatment at the asylum, you did not have the right to murder an innocent man.  The blessed Father Zachea endured far worse treatment and he never committed the ultimate abomination of murdering an innocent. 

How dare you use Father Celurion as some kind of rationalization for your actions.  No doubt Cel made mistakes.  But, as far as I know, he never murdered an innocent and, indeed, refused to give up his faith.  You've done both.   

From this day forward, you should be on notice for the arrow you will never see coming, the blade that will strike before you even realize what has happened, and the divine blessing that will remove you from this land forever.  You and the rest of the filth you call friends and allies are not invincible no matter what your twisted minds tell you. 

In spite of all this, the Morninglord still teaches us that all can be redeemed if they so desire.  The small sliver of that open door will never be closed for me.  But, be aware, not all who seek you follow the teachings of the Morninglord.  You have been warned. 

I pray to the Morninglord constantly that you be shown his light once again.  I pray the evil madness that has taken over you is lifted by the Morninglord's blessing.  The choice to turn away from evil is yours and yours alone to make. 

Calor

//Feel free to comment if you want
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
Re: Dearest Drudoc
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 02:32:30 PM »
Somewhere in Barovia's forests one of the letters from the crypts is read.

Drudoc eyes it silently. Rereading one or two spots. For a brief moment her eyes linger on the spot where he mentions what he wanted to do for her. "...He did?" She says softly to herself some her brow furrowing. She idly strokes her hair which has taken on a beautiful and divine like sheen.

Her mind seems to lose track of what she was reading for a moment and she idly combs her hair till she's satisfied of it again. Once more she picks up the letter reading it once more like before as if forgetting that she ever read it the first time. Again her eyes linger on the same spot as before. "...He did?" She says softly again.

This time though her minds focuses more solid and she writes a return letter.

Its not just my choices calor, not my decisions. None of you ever understood. Understood what I tried to do. So be it, the lines are drawn then. However, if you wish to meet face to face, then I am willing if it is just you. So that you may gaze upon me once more, despite what your faith says I am not so evil as you may think. And you swear on your very faith that it shall just be you. Beauty shall soon to be grasped by my hands. But, none of the innocents shall be harmed. I'm beautiful yes, and you shall see my beauty again. I'm far more beautiful then last we met Calor, last we laid together yes. If you agree to these terms then we shall arrange a meeting somewhere, netural ground for us both where we are both safe from the others possible tricks.

The letter is found in Calor's room at the charity house the one window lightly smashed by a small rock and thrown in by a bird.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 09:07:01 PM »
Calor ponders over the letter from Drudoc:

"Hmmm .............. the possibilities". 
Sig by Garison

Hunter Thompson

Thanks Aahz

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 11:17:12 AM »
A series of letters were left around Vallaki and the crypts.

Dearest Drudoc

You most certainly did make your choices when it came to your actions.  You chose not to believe the explanations of your friends and those who love you.  You chose to ignore the good will and chances for redemption presented  by Ilie.  You chose to believe the words of a piece of evil filth known as Yves over the words of those who had nothing but your best interests at heart.  You chose to go along with the murder of an innocent man in the asylum.  Maybe you weren't the one who dealt the fatal blow.  But you were a witness. 

You wish to have a meeting with me?  You insult my intelligence.  Do you really think I'd trust you after all you've done?  Do you think I'd trust you with my very life solely on your promises?  No, my dearest Drudoc:  The answer is "No" and not on those terms.  Whatever gave you the idea I would say "Yes"?  Apparently, you never truly knew me at all. 

And what of your children, Drudoc?  Where are they?  Are they with you and the rest of the evil you choose to associate with?  Have they experienced the ultimate betrayal of a mother murdering her children to further her evil purpose?  If so, did you enjoy the terror in their eyes as  they realized "Mama" was going to hurt them?  Did you enjoy hearing "Mama, please no" as you drew the blade across their throats?  Did you enjoy the sight of their blood dripping from their young bodies as death took the life from their eyes?  Did you use their blood to become "beautiful" and only in your mind, Drudoc.  It is only temporary.  Was that explained to you?  Do you think "beauty" remains without the constant infusion of human blood?  No, Drudoc, you've been played for a fool by those who's sole purpose is to use you and your delusions. 

That is the fate you chose for yourself.

However, as the Morninglord teaches us, all can be redeemed.  Even the most evil among us can chose to accept the Morninglord's light.  An evil one can start that journey towards redemption with a first step.  If your children are still alive, that first step is returning those children to my care or Father Ilie's care.  Then, and only then, will you move forward and away from the evil path you have chosen. 

Another choice has been presented to you, Drudoc.  Choose wisely.

Calor

Sig by Garison

Hunter Thompson

Thanks Aahz

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 01:28:39 PM »
Another letter this time one taken from the docks area is found by  one of drudoc's many animal allies. Again in the forests somewhere she reads it with a trio of others present this time.

"He is a fool to turn you down Katty." One says.

"He insults you." Another one says.

"Innocents, bah...there are no more innocents in this land." Another one says still

Drudoc listens to the three a moment pacing some and rereading the letter. She glances over to the sleeping forms of her two children. Exhausted by the hard travel on the roads they have had to endure at times. "Leave me..." She says to the three. Two do so another stays behind.

"You are troubled, sister..." The one says. "...Calor dares to insult your beauty, calling it false."

Drudoc sighed faintly her eyes twitch some at the person's comment, but she holds her anger in check for now at least. "..Yes, I am troubled. I'm so close though to obtaining perfection and beauty. So close to embracing it all and taking his greatest gifts. So close to ....letting all the troubles behind, the...pain...the suffering...the weakness" She says focused for now as she gently tucks her children in and lightly strokes there cheeks.

"Then why do I sense you seem to hesitate with what needs to be done?" The one asks.

Drudoc sighs glancing over to the person in question. "...He makes me forget things often in exchange for the beauty he has given me. I want to forget all that again, forget the pain and suffering and weakness that I once was. I WILL do it." She says firecly I will do what needs to be done. To embrace his gift, to get me eternal beauty! First though....first...." She trails off them.

The person quickly refreshes Drudoc's memory. "..Yes, first I will find him. Show him my beauty let him gaze upon me one last time, to see me.....for how I once was....before my eyes were opened and my mind became clear to what was truly important to me." She says.

"Yes, very well...but how will you find him?" The person asks.

"Find who?" She replies.

The person sighs some refreshing Drudoc's memory again. "...Ah, Calor yes,  a lover once, a friend, but now a betrayer...how shall I find him? Simple." She says the two exiting the small cave they are in into a small grove with various animals about. "...They shall find him for me...and then I shall go to him."

"Are you sure thats wise? What if tries to setup a trap?" the person asks.

"...He shall have no time to do so. I shall chose when to meet him and where. It shall be on my terms. MINE!" She growls some then settles combing her hair, and relaxing talking to the mirror and brush. "...Beauty I shall soon have, and its because of you two I have to thank for that, your the only true friends...sides you of course." She says to the person in questoin before focusing on the comb and mirror again. "...that I have left."

Drudoc then looks at the animals who graze about the area. "...Go...find him..." With those words the animals take off to find the elf priest Calor to do Drudoc's wishes