Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Not buff for crafting

(1/9) > >>

Nefensis:
Hey i liked the idea, very much liked it, until it came true.

Now i see how nigh impossible with the -5 it will be for new crafters to even get anywhere.

Suggestion

1- Remove the system as it makes it extremely hard for beginers

2- Remove the -5 to new recipes

3- Addition of new items to give a slight bonus with crafting. (Recipe book, smith's hammer, curing knife, stirring spoon etc)

Rex:
Tie in the Character sheet Crafting skills, Add a Feat or a Background that gives you a boost, Recipe Items in game.  Lot of little fixes which all would be good.

But leave the buffs out.  99% perspiration, 1% inspiration.  Leave in the -5 because THAT, gets rid of the Fly by Night crafters that aren't serious about the trade anyway from an RP perspective, they just want the game engine effects of the results of the trade.

~Rex

Nefensis:

--- Quote ---Tie in the Character sheet Crafting skills, Add a Feat or a Background that gives you a boost, Recipe Items in game.  Lot of little fixes which all would be good.
--- End quote ---

Either one would work yes. Either the -5 has to go or some kind of bonus needs to be given or then it's overly difficult for everyone, even for those that rp being blacksmith student for years.

Bad_Bud:
I don't know.  I started out with only +2 due to stats on herbalism, and I still managed to make the DC 15 potions.

I don't see a problem.  It only takes one lucky success before you can start churning out potions in mass quantities.

ethinos:
I don't remember -5 modifiers in smithing, but I do remember when I started that even copper daggers were hard to make with any kind of accuracy. And that was only after watching a bunch of smelting going horribly wrong before I started getting successes in making even the ingots. At least you don't have a second craft tied in like the other crafts do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version