You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Sonja Divac-the end  (Read 1505 times)

Gary T

• Undead Slayer
Sonja Divac-the end
« on: June 22, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »
Her head was dizzy with passion.  So heated had been their argument, she never thought after all they had been through it would come to this.  Often she had thought of Tanya as a little sister, and had in fact called her such; but their she was, standing before her trying to unhinge her faith, trying to convert her to some dark pagan god and away from her beloved Ezra.  Some stranger from the mists she could have overlooked, but Tanya should have known better, should have known how much Sonja's faith was apart of who she had become.

It was in that passion-filled moment she hatched her own grand scheme.  She knew there was good in Tanya, she had seen it before;  tears she had shown no one else, moments of weakness-or moments of true strength was how Sonja chose to call them, that convinced Sonja this was the only way to save her friends soul and the risk was worth the potential reward.

It was in that context she laid her sword at Tanya's feet and knelt down before her.  Tanya had alluded to the fact that it was her god and not Ezra that had brought her back last time, that Ezra had abandoned her.  Sonja knew this was not the case...she had felt what it was like to be outside her goddesses grace and knew her lady was strongly by her side.  She had only to convince Tanya of her faith in her goddess, of her faith in her.

Pulling her hood back to expose the back of her bent neck she spoke with conviction and clarity "Strike me down sister if that is your will, my goddess will cuddle me eternally in her bosom and i will have peace...or you will lay down your weapon, admit the folly of your faith and we will be like sisters again, either way i will find peace".

"I will make you see the power of my god, one way or another, don't test me sister" was Tanya's reply.

"Tanya, I will always love you"...were the words she spoke as she realized with grim finality that Tanya would carry through on her threat.

"sister, I forgive you..." were the words on her lips as the dark blade sliced through the back of her neck severing her head from her spine, her broken heart from her liberated soul.

And Tanya never saw through bowed head the last of many tears Sonja had cried for her lost sister.