Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

stealth versus detection spells

(1/8) > >>

failed.bard:
  Assuming I have all the numbers right here:

Camouflage is a first level and gives +10 to hide.  One with the land is 2nd level and gives +4 to hide and move siletnly.  These spells stack.
 Clairaudience is 2nd level and gives +10 to search and listen.  True seeing is 4th/5th and gives +10 to spot.  These spells do not stack.

Why do the stealth spells stack, when the detections ones don't?  Either both types should stack, or neither type.

Rex:

--- Quote from: failed.bard on June 22, 2008, 05:13:14 AM ---  Assuming I have all the numbers right here:

Camouflage is a first level and gives +10 to hide.  One with the land is 2nd level and gives +4 to hide and move siletnly.  These spells stack.
 Clairaudience is 2nd level and gives +10 to search and listen.  True seeing is 4th/5th and gives +10 to spot.  These spells do not stack.

Why do the stealth spells stack, when the detections ones don't?  Either both types should stack, or neither type.

--- End quote ---

Hell, I'll be mean and just say it.  Someone somewhere decided that Sneaks, should be undetectable.  By any means.

I do like that I am not the only one that  noticed the same thing.  The Detection spells SHOULD stack, like the stealth spells.  I wouldn't take away the stacking ability of the Stealth Spells because I am a firm believer in that Sneaks SHOULD be able to sneak. 

That's one of the cool things about sneakery.

But the detection spells and Items should stack just as well.

~Rex

Badbelly:
My character Liam, has no issues detecting sneaks, I don't see where the problem is. If you wish to detect sneaks, you need only invest in the right skills and feats. Sytem is fine and should be left alone in my opinion.

Rex:

--- Quote from: Badbelly on June 22, 2008, 01:48:27 PM ---My character Liam, has no issues detecting sneaks, I don't see where the problem is. If you wish to detect sneaks, you need only invest in the right skills and feats. Sytem is fine and should be left alone in my opinion.

--- End quote ---

System is broken and it takes Broken Builds in order to counter it.  If Sneak Stuff, Stacks, So should Detection Stuff.  Plain and Simple.

~Rex

Nefensis:
For purpose of fairness i think they should stack, unless the spell description says clearly it dosnt.  OR make one with the land not stackable with camouflage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version