You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: //Sedrik 0.5  (Read 1690 times)

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
//Sedrik 0.5
« on: June 21, 2008, 02:04:19 AM »
//For those who interacted with him before his arrest -- it should be noted that when you run into him now, he looks drastically differet and sounds different.  His voice is raspy, he is a bit taller than before, and his tattoos are gone.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
Re: //Sedrik 0.5
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 03:36:33 AM »
I was the guy who accosted and arrested him - BadBud was cool on the whole thing but it was a massive - WTF disruption to game play.,.. when Drudoc got turned I'm told shes unrecognisable etc etc

My opinion is this sort of thing either needs to stop or we need to rename characters. How do we give people total make overs? Not cosmetics but voice, height etc etc?

Magic as an explaination is cool but I'm seeing more and more full make overs lately under the same PC name... Call me a meta-gamer but when I see a guy and ask him to take his helm off so I can ID him (see I made NO assumptions based on his voice or the little name floating over his head) unless someone has PRE told me about his makeover, then forgive me if I make certain assumptions based I what I know IC (Once again BB was totally cool - not an attack on him or his rp etc).

Frankly the best one I saw was Aremar who turned into Vitor...  Vitor stayed Mute, married a hulking barbarian, wore a mask a lot etc etc.

I can't zoom into the head of everyone I meet to see they've had a headswap, and as character discriptions are rarely updated or entered I rarely check those too.

Can we please start doing rebuilds and new names for these?

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 03:49:10 AM »
We got Plastic Surgery Now?  You get a Complete Makeover (which is getting way way over used and over done),  Toss something in the name like a ~ or a ^ to note it., Hell, lift a finger or two, and put something in a description, I mean I know it's some horrendous Crime to actually fill out a description here but if the Mission Impossible Disguise Kits and master plastic surgeon make overs are going to be common, the rest of us need something to go by if you're not going to actually change the name.

Apologies for the tone and the run on sentence but hells, every time I turn around, so and so has a new face, new voice, been transformed, been magically altered into a Lawn Gnome etc etc etc.

How about, repercussions?  Seems lately every bad guy or person doing uber bad things is made out of Teflon and absolutely NOTHING sticks to them. 

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 04:44:21 AM »
I How do we give people total make overs? Not cosmetics but voice, height etc etc?

All has a very good reason, and all was roleplayed in game by talek + myself.

The question was answered. The purpose of the thread has served. Examine the PC using your examine tool from this point forth.