Author Topic: Vampire Fangs - Absurd Weight  (Read 2371 times)

kenpen

• Dark Power
Vampire Fangs - Absurd Weight
« on: July 31, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »
Can we make these things not weigh .5 lbs a piece? That's really lame. And it gets burdensome because you have to carry so many of them around just to get a potion or two.

engelfire

• Dark Power
Re: Vampire Fangs - Absurd Weight
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 03:09:16 PM »
you can get potions from ampire fangs ??

what about hearts ?
Vino - Who are you calling fat !?
Hekathn - You make a fine collection of bodyparts nnggghhh...

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »
Yes, elite hearts also nab you potions.

I'd have to agree with Ken. 0.1 or 0.3 weight is more believable.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 03:27:06 PM »
You mean to tell me that a Vampire Fang ways as much as a grizzly bear hide?

Many of the item weights are a little odd.  There are some that increase in weight as you turn them into something else to, but to fix them all would be a herculean undertaking.  Count yourself lucky that you can tackle that many vampires.  :D

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 03:34:22 PM »
Meat  has been fixed since, chunks now weight 5.5 lbs and turn into 6 rations a piece. 10 of them weights 3.3 lbs, much better

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 08:55:31 AM »
Meat  has been fixed since, chunks now weight 5.5 lbs and turn into 6 rations a piece. 10 of them weights 3.3 lbs, much better
It's still kind of funny to take six patches of plain or boiled leather that weigh 0.3 pounds each and turn them into a ten- or fifteen-pound suit of leather armor, though.  :D

But yes, vampire fangs and bodak teeth are way too heavy for what they are.  If I had my druthers, they'd weigh exactly as much as an arrow or a shuriken: 0.0 pounds each.  And they'd use a little 1x1 footprint too.  But that's just me trying to use logic and physics again.   :P

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 10:11:28 AM »
It's still kind of funny to take six patches of plain or boiled leather that weigh 0.3 pounds each and turn them into a ten- or fifteen-pound suit of leather armor, though.  :D

But yes, vampire fangs and bodak teeth are way too heavy for what they are.  If I had my druthers, they'd weigh exactly as much as an arrow or a shuriken: 0.0 pounds each.  And they'd use a little 1x1 footprint too.  But that's just me trying to use logic and physics again.   :P

Not sure if they can get the weight down to exactly zero, but if they DO, then the weight of Arrows, bolts, and sling stones should go up.  That's just Logic and Physics there to.

1x1 Footprint though, or Stackable, would fit a lot better though, the weight, don't really think it's that much of an issue.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 11:39:05 AM »
Those zero-weight projectiles are a little bit odd, now that you mention it.   :?

*routinely loads Viorica's backpack with over 900 arrows of varying types*

Light as a feather, stiff as a board.  Light as a feather, stiff as a board....   :P

failed.bard

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 01:17:43 PM »
Pretty sure the teeth weigh more than the hearts, and are larger.  Sam size, but .1 pounds and stackable to 10 would be fine.