You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Healing Potion Supply  (Read 8100 times)

Rex

• Dark Power
Re: Healing Potion Supply
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 02:48:13 AM »
It's fine the way it is.  Pay people to gather for you.

Hell with that.  I fight off 18 freaking no XP giving Mobats, that hit somewhere between runaway train and out of control cement truck hard, to get One piece of Lich Grass, and the crafter wants to just offer me 2 GP for it then charge me 500 GP for the potion.......

Gonna Sharpen a Knife, and level the playing field.  :D

~Rex

Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 10:54:13 AM »
Has potions been removed from loot tables as well? I haven't seen much.. when I looted.. tho I could of been unlucky.

If they have.. I disagree with that :?
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

failed.bard

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »
Has potions been removed from loot tables as well? I haven't seen much.. when I looted.. tho I could of been unlucky.

Saw quite a few in the barovian crypts after the changes were made.  Loot tables were tweaked again, from my understanding, so the rates may be different in different places from before.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 11:57:46 AM »

Seen a few, but the Loot in general is getting super thin again.  Topic for another thread.  My biggest gripe about the supply so far is that it's unbalanced in the cost, can be used to power sell, and of course, you can't Find a crafter or are stuck having to buy from something you wouldn't normally buy from.

I know there are more "herbalists" out there because I've been in the room, with 80% of the server crammed into it.

~Rex

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »
Potions are kind of expensive to make, though, and I can't be a nice supplier because I'm in jail.

Nightmare

• Squatbold
  • Dark Lord
  • Reality Unhinged
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »
Potions cost 50 GP for the Mortar and Pestle, and 5gp per potion bottle. That is far from expensive...

The only expenses are those things which you have to buy in mass supply because you are too lazy to get yourself :P
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft

DM Shadowspawn

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »
*coughs* Template for Full Platemail is ~1050 with a DC 50. *coughs* 5 fang for a potion bottle. Big difference.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 05:31:55 PM »
Since when were we comparing smithing to herbalism?  I spent a couple of thousand on potion bottles (They charge me 6 per bottle, because I'm rude!) and gave all of the products away.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 07:01:13 PM »
Since when were we comparing smithing to herbalism?  I spent a couple of thousand on potion bottles (They charge me 6 per bottle, because I'm rude!) and gave all of the products away.

Because for an economy to function it has to balance and right now in comparison to the other "crafts" Herbalism is out of Whack.

1. 90% of the people in it, Just Jumped into it for the OOC benifits and to hand stuff out to their friends.  That's not a Trade.

2.  There is no NPC merchant resale mark up on the components, therefore no matter what you want to sell (mobat camped bleak cap), someone appraises it for 1-3, and won't squeek off of 1.  YET, when they make the potion, they want the 1800 gp, for the 5 gp investment.  That's a bit of a markup, and I didn't see PRADA stamped on the side of the bottle anywhere.

4.  More to follow in a hurry.

5. STILL NO POTIONS TO BUY (but apparently, a million folks getting handed herbs for free, so they can make piles of potions to hand back for free).

6.  You can power sell Potions. 

7.  I still plan on supporting the Herb guys, just the ones that actually seem to have a reason to be doing it beyond, My Stats, or my Buffs, Make this easy.

Also, I'd say, put the NPC static healing potions and stuff back in game, adjust their pricing, and use those as a baseline comparison for a REAL market.

~Rex