Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

economical system .... tweaked?

(1/7) > >>

Thoraion:
i have the impression that the economics of crafting could use some tuning...
there's absolutely no market for bows or leather armour - so learning to craft is nothing else than an IC-hobby consuming large amounts of coin.
And even if sometime somebody buys a bow or a set of armour, the process of advancing in the craft means that a few hundred bows and sets of armour have been produces for the trash bin.
What to do with those? sell them to the merchants for a handfull of fang, that is even less than a template?
If one does, those products will never be sold, since those products are then available from the merchants at a ridiculously better price than their regular bows.
To me, it seems that crafting of wood and leather is nothing more than a way to spend money in a completely useless way - to reach a level at which one can compete with the masters means spending thousands of fang and days of real life time.
is that intended?

k_moustakas:
don't let me get started on that again...

You're absolutely right by the way

Nefensis:
I made a character especially to help crafters sell their best assets. Hook me up in game, we'll talk.

ethinos:
All the crafts are basically money pits till you hit the high end, desired commodities. The crafts require the devotion of a lot of time and money before you get to that point.

With woodworking, the most sought after items are going to be the Steel arrows/bolts (which are consumables, so always in demand), and the white stag bows. So to say that there is no profit potential is a little strange.

Granted with leatherworking, there really isn't anything that great in the higher ends considering that better leather armor can either be purchased or found in loot elsewhere. Maybe with future improvements and additions, leatherworking will be more feasible.

The best paying craft has always been smithing, but to be honest, its also waaaaaay more costly to get good at it. Especially when you start needing to make steel full plates to get decent CXP. And I won't even touch on what it costs to level in Gilding. :shock:

Honestly, though, I've always viewed crafts as simple diversions for alternative play and roleplaying devices rather than actual professions for profit. You want to earn easier money? Raid a dungeon. Provide services. Kill rats.

Rex:
Yeah pretty much what Ethinos said.  Not a big fan of the Economy of the server.  it's all Slopes and Plateu's, with nothing in the middle.  Stuff is either worth Nothing, or a Fortune in most cases.

Try selling a Steel Crossbow to Crawler once and then look at his markup.

~Rex

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version