Author Topic: Ooze in the ML crypts  (Read 5237 times)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
Ooze in the ML crypts
« on: June 10, 2008, 09:11:27 AM »
ok so i thought about making a new character which i did so this morning i'm in the crypts with a pair of other low lvls one 3 one 2 we come upon a single ooze and of course it engulfs us each. Now ok fine bad luck on the rolls fine. But then as its wearing off it again engulfs us further more or less sealing the deal that all three of us ended up dead. Maybe tone down the rates it engulfs? i mean seriously heh the three of us had trouble tearing through the undead but a single ooze comes along and screws us over. Just seems a bit frustrating to low lvls

I think if the engulfing attempt rate was not spawned like it was it would be fine thoughts?

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
Re: Ooze in the ML crypts
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 10:28:18 AM »
They can (and have) killed 5th level PCs.

In short - they are seriously badass...

Not sure on the engulf but it should only be able to target one PC.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »
It should be emphasized that the ML crypts are no longer "low level".  They can give mid-levels heartburn now. 

So, let's warn the new players it isn't a walk in the park in the ML crypts.
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 01:25:44 PM »
I saw some dude raping the oozes with a sling.  I thought that was a really good idea, you should try it on the next ooze you bump into.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 01:28:34 PM »
I saw some dude raping the oozes with a sling.  I thought that was a really good idea, you should try it on the next ooze you bump into.

heh i know there are many ways to fight ozzes :D but what i'm saying is in this case you had three characters more or less fresh out of the mists without a stich of gold on them more or less able to with effort get through some skeletons and a few zombies then get screwed by a single ooze because first one of us got engulfed then the other came to that ones aide and etc for the thrid one and none of us had any ranged weapons just the default weapons we started with for class maybe it was just bad rolls but considering in the span of 40 sec or so RL time we were all engulfed then killed by that ooze just seems unbalanced

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 01:46:05 PM »
I actually want the oozes tougher myself, and more of them.  ONE, they tend to beat up some of the tougher undead, whittiling them down to levels my dorky low levels can handle, and two, they are one of the few scary monsters that doesn't wield a great axe or have a liquid diet requirement.

I haven't had any problem dealing with them (in a variety of fashions) with Any of my low levels in fact, the wimpier my low level the easier they seem to be able to handle an ooze, even if it's just run and shoot sorta deal.  A Party, shoulda pwned the thing hands down.

Nothing wrong with them other then the fact the Small Ooze is a much more deadly engulfer then the medium ooze.

Need some Cubes.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Gilta

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »
[wipes away tears for those poor poor souls that fell to monster] lol If ya can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 04:51:57 PM »

heh i know there are many ways to fight ozzes :D but what i'm saying is in this case you had three characters more or less fresh out of the mists without a stich of gold on them more or less able to with effort get through some skeletons and a few zombies then get screwed by a single ooze because first one of us got engulfed then the other came to that ones aide and etc for the thrid one and none of us had any ranged weapons just the default weapons we started with for class maybe it was just bad rolls but considering in the span of 40 sec or so RL time we were all engulfed then killed by that ooze just seems unbalanced

If you can't afford a sling and 99 bullets, I'll buy them for you.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 04:55:40 PM »
Slimes have always been something you really don't want to melee if you have to. Especially the ones in the dwarven mines.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »
Slimes have always been something you really don't want to melee if you have to. Especially the ones in the dwarven mines.

Some of those are acting a bit goofy again to.  Still.  Ooze is one of my favorite monsters, The Blob (Original Steve Mcqueen version) one of my favoite Monster movies that still gives me Nightmares, and the Remake of the Blob, which was a good popcorn munchin time to.

We need more Oozes.  Slithering Trackers to.

~Rex

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »
I was in those new underground caverns last night, and trust me, there were a lot of slimes down there. :shock:

Glad my character still has that old school Machinist Crossbow. :twisted:
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 03:08:24 AM »
Still need more Oozes.......LOTS more.  And Cubes.

~Rex

Unknown

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 09:24:18 PM »
but what about octigons?  :P

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 03:57:03 AM »
but what about octigons?  :P

Don't think there is a gelatinous Octogon .....But I know the Cube is there.  Looks cool to and it would make for an interesting higher level spawn.  They like Crypts to.

~Rex