You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Concerns - Feedback on the current factions & possible abuse  (Read 19742 times)

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
Re: Concerns - Feedback on the current factions & possible abuse
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2008, 10:49:52 AM »
This is a long post. I'm sorry.

About Okaris and Okaris' : *slightly off topic*
Spoiler: show
Just to clear something up: Becoming undead only came up after he was permakilled and it was a solution suggested to me after being distressed at being killed and why I was being killed. I have a pretty screenie how it initially came up after being tortured to near-death and before being eaten by rats. I was given a rough guideline, and I went and made an application on the basis of that. And of course I was so happy at the time, I could still carry on with the char at least in some way, after spending two weeks not playing almost at all.

And who said anything about dungeoneering??? Okaris' whole reason of existance IC was and still is to destroy the vardo's IC. It was written very clear in my application :D Actually my half application was saying in many different words how I plan to accomplice that. The OOC stuff was totally irrelevant to him. Up until being told to call it off by the undead faction (and the last person I wanted to mess with going off limits), I was trying very hard to accomplice it. True, once it all went poof, I got bored with my undead and stopped playing him. If what all the vardo's say about their faction being in shambles is true, he more or less accompliced that goal and he can rest in peace. Rest assured, if trouble starts again he'll show up :P

Okaris is not Okaris'. But this wasn't related to them killing him. It only came up afterwards. I even thought at the time (incorrectly, and I apologise) that undeath was suggested and then granted to me because I was so surrendered after what had happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the vardo's in general and those associated with them: *slightly off topic*

Spoiler: show
Because something happened today in game resulting in someone getting upset. Yes, I'm confusing OOC with IC sometimes, hence I try to find out really valid reasons in game of making my OOC into IC, so it's no longer a problem. I've had at least six (6) different characters tell me in game worrying things about the vardo (and I only sought out one of them), so my wuss is IC afraid of them. Has been so for the past... hm... 6 levels at least? If for some people, the way I handle things is annoying or disliked... well, give me some space. It's not like I'm Murnu or LIzicua so you HAVE to have some interaction with me. Besides, I blatantly try to avoid situations in which I think things might get complicated. Not wanting to adventure with some particular people and them calling me (jokingly, granted) farmer springs to mind, or finding excuses to not talk to someone related to them and then messing up, springs second.
I repeat, I keep all excuses IC. Which was working fine before Rane started! I told her not to, mind you! lol

Again, I apologize and I repeat I'm doing my best. If it isn't good enough, well, I'll try harder! I certainly don't approach, much less seek such situations myself. Unless running away from them is considered approaching!?!

Imagine this scenario:

Shadowborn and Belinda are good friends. K_moustakas has a huge fight with claran and now they are not talking.
Belinda comes up to Shadow and tells him let's go adventure.
K_moustakas sends a tell saying :WTF I'm not talking to you!
Claran replies: Thats OCC. IC we're good friends.

What do you do in that scenario? Seriously?

I would:
Shadowborn: Nah, I can't. I'm kinda busy right now love, maybe some other time? *experience gained*
//tell: k_moustakas to claran: **** you ***** ***** leave me alone

P.S. I've picked claran because I like him and we haven't had a fight-yet lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the subject of guards: How many times has an execution being carried out on someone who wasn't a criminal worthy of being executed? And this is a question, not innuendo or ironic question. I personally know only one, but then I never really played someone antagonistic to the guards. I'd like to hear more.

*To Helaman* More or less why I run away from the morninglordians. The IC story with Bel gave me a good opportunity. Couldn't leave the undead really and it was suggested to me I was getting privy to too much OOC info (by someone outside both factions, all respect) What would I do if some faction thing broke out? Who would I play and how? Still, if something does break up, rest assured neither character will get involved at all.
====================================================================
Has been described as a sometimey player

DM Shadowspawn

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2008, 11:09:32 AM »
No NPC (with exception of Strahd) is completely immune from being killed off. Lizuca is the third ML preist I am aware of whom has stood within the Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn. It's public knowledge that the NPC Father Zachea was killed by the undead.

nakedxXbeauty

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »
To be honest, I can't even fathom why this topic is still open.  In my opinion, all it's doing is giving people a reason to get angry at each other.  Any character, technically, can be killed by another character/faction.  It happens, and it's probably going to keep happening no matter how much people whine and cry and throw tantrums.  We are all playing a game, that's all this is.  You can get as pissed off as you want because little level 15 cast happy Bob was perma killed.  That isn't going to make you feel any better.  Sure, you can moan on the forums all you want, but in the end, you can make another "Bob".  I don't understand why people get SO angry about factions, or their character being killed.  Sure, after leveling Joslyn for however many months I've been leveling her, I'd probably be a little disappointed that she's dead.  That being said, I have other characters, and even if I didn't have fun with them, I could always make another.  What people need to get through their heads is that this -is- just a game.  It's made for people to have fun with, and I don't see people having fun when they're making posts on the forums about how unfair it was that their character was killed.  If you're going to take a game that seriously, maybe you really shouldn't be playing it.  This is to the point where I know for a fact the ooc ranting of players is making the game not so fun for people who just want to have a good time.  It needs to stop.  People need to back the hell off, and grow up.  Play the damn game the way it was meant to be played!

Badbelly

• Undead Slayer
  • RP imposter
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2008, 11:55:07 AM »
Factions are great RP but... need to be held in check when it comes to perma killing PC's. I found it very disappointing when Denallie was killed off. She was a major plot maker for my PC, Liam. The reason i RP is not to gain levels and kill stuff but to RP and interact with other PCs. I have little incentive to log on and play when PCs i RP with, are removed from the game permanently. I feel that perma killing PCs cheapens the RP and should be used only in extreme cases and not as a first option. My PC, Liam, has a long list of characters that he would love to see killed permanently, IC wise. OCC wise i know after they were gone i would have no reason to play anymore. So i guess the question is.. do we want meaningful, long lasting RP server or a server filled with hack and slashers with little meaningful RP and PCs come and go on a monthly bases.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:57:27 AM by Badbelly »

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »
To be honest, I can't even fathom why this topic is still open.  In my opinion, all it's doing is giving people a reason to get angry at each other.  Any character, technically, can be killed by another character/faction.  It happens, and it's probably going to keep happening no matter how much people whine and cry and throw tantrums.  We are all playing a game, that's all this is.  You can get as pissed off as you want because little level 15 cast happy Bob was perma killed.  That isn't going to make you feel any better.  Sure, you can moan on the forums all you want, but in the end, you can make another "Bob".  I don't understand why people get SO angry about factions, or their character being killed.  Sure, after leveling Joslyn for however many months I've been leveling her, I'd probably be a little disappointed that she's dead.  That being said, I have other characters, and even if I didn't have fun with them, I could always make another.  What people need to get through their heads is that this -is- just a game.  It's made for people to have fun with, and I don't see people having fun when they're making posts on the forums about how unfair it was that their character was killed.  If you're going to take a game that seriously, maybe you really shouldn't be playing it.  This is to the point where I know for a fact the ooc ranting of players is making the game not so fun for people who just want to have a good time.  It needs to stop.  People need to back the hell off, and grow up.  Play the damn game the way it was meant to be played!

It would be a mistake to categorize or imply anyone who has constructive criticism as just moaning or whining.  Also, using language such as "People need to back the hell off, and grow up" is inappropriate and also counter productive.

If such a tone continues I imagine this thread will be locked until the tempers behind such posts are calmed. 

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2008, 12:12:43 PM »

I have to agree with Iconoclast. There are better ways to express this. Anyway, locking this thread till people cool off. Please refer any concerns you may have to the CC.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths