You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Fracturepiece Theatre  (Read 3267 times)

Serevain

• Undead Master
Fracturepiece Theatre
« on: May 10, 2008, 02:50:16 PM »
Eawin waits.

He waits.

And waits.

He touches his bandages.

He tries to concentrate.

Who's.. this Regno he keep asking me about? Why does he keep.. keep asking about.. father? When will my head grow.. grow back?

He touches the bandages covering his brain tentatively.

He said the operation.. was a success.

He gives an involuntary jerk.

I came here freely. They help people here. I never spent time in jail. I am a good person.

The oppressively clean room shivers, and his head throbs. A synapse fires.

I am a good person.

I am a good person.

I am a good person.

I am a good person.

In a dark corner of his mind, Eawin recalls something... vague. It whispers, whispers softly.

Redpurpleredpurpleredpurple...

The room shivers again; the walls vibrate for him alone, shadows lengthen, and he cries out, falling backwards.

He waits.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:04:30 PM by Virgil/Tristan Crowley »

Virgil, Shattered Husk
Sir Tristan Crowley, Bastard Knight of the Charitable One
Operon Amentlus, Dwarf Magus
Ignatie Carmitru, Vallaki Garda

Serevain

• Undead Master
Re: Breathe
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:19:16 AM »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »

Eawin looks up at the clockwork mechanism, trying to concentrate. (the Doctor cares about me, I'm a good person)

Doctor Zarcroft watches him for a moment, fingering the lever curiously.

Eawin, do you know someone named Regno?

Eawin fidgets a little, and smiles.

Who's that, Doctor?

The good Doctor jots down some notes.

Eawin, your mother is dead.

No. Yes?

Doctor Zarcroft pulls the lever, and the enormous gems hiss and spark, and the clockwork mechanism charges.

Let's start over.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:38:53 AM by Tristan Crowley/Eawin »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 04:21:05 PM »
Eawin walks down the dark, dusty hallway of Zarcroft Asylum with an orderly safely leading him by his clinking, loose chains towards the room with the strange, complicated mechanism. (what are those, Doctor, they're so pretty, shiny, yes!)

Eawin thinks quietly, his bindings rattling in between the mantras drilled (almost literally) into his head.

I am here.. how did I- He jerks uncontrollably for a moment. I got here on my own free will. They help people here.

Suddenly, the walls shiver, and shadows creep closer to him. He stops for a moment, and rubs his eyes. The dreary hallway seems to flicker. And flicker. Walls fade away, the ceiling cracks open, to blue skies and a warm sun. Zarcroft waits a few yards away, smiling. He looks around, and sees he is in a wooded meadow, full of flowers and cheery bumble bees.

Zarcroft speaks.

Hello, Eawin, are you ready for your treatment?

Eawin inhales the sweet (to Zarcroft, dusty) air.

Yes, Doctor, I'm happy to be here, you're helping me a lot!

Zarcroft nods, and gestures to a (newly appeared) bed. The sheets are stained and bloody, the metal bars at either end rusted. The grass beneath the bed shrivels and dies, the rich dirt recedes, to reveal brick floor. Eawin looks at it happily enough, and jumps onto the mattress (stone).

Zarcroft speaks.

Killing people is bad.

Eawin looks up, and sees another of himself, in fine clothing, and Marrok. Marrok smiles meanly at this doppelganger, and takes out a long, wicked blade. Marrok glances at Zarcroft, and plunges the blade into Eawin'(number two)s chest. Eawin (number one) screams as Marrok casts aside his blade, and begins strangling the helpless Eawin (number two).

Eawin says shakily,

Very bad.

The grass all around Eawin's bed also withers and dies, the cheery bumble bees depart with a pop, pop, pop! and the trees catch fire. The meadow fades away slowly, and Eawin looks around yet again. He sees the horrible machine looming above him.

I am a good person, right Doctor?

Yes, Eawin, a good person.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 05:20:59 PM by Tristan Crowley/Eawin »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 06:58:45 PM »
Eawin dreams....

Her hair was red. Red (purple) like roses after morning dew. Red like the blood that stains her skin, crimson on white. Red like the crater in her skull. Eawin's father (Regno) looks down, club in hand, sneering. His cold gray eyes squeek in their sockets as they turn to look upon his son. His newly borne, fresh out of the oven son. His blood covered, screaming, hour old son. He reaches down,
and Eawin (who is looking over his father's shoulder as he picks up his fresh out of the oven younger self) looks into his (Regno's) eyes as he is lifted aloft.

The voice that comes from his (Regno's, yes!) mouth is that which mutters to him in his head, the Red Lights.

Hello, Thorn. Welcome back into the world. See your mother? Yes, the one with the hole in her head. Isn't she gorgeous? Yes, YES! RedpurpleRedpurpleRedpurpleRedpurpleRedpurpleRed...

Eawin 1 and Eawin 2 both begin to weep, and the scene shifts. The figure holding the babe is no longer his father/Regno, but Ekeil Zarcroft. He smiles down at the baby, and Eawin 1 (the eldest) looks around. He is in that strange, peaceful meadow. Ekeil sets Baby Eawin onto that same bloodstained mattress (newly appeared, as well) and take out a saw from a mahogany case (where did that come from, Doctor?). He holds Eawin 2 down, and Eawin 1 falls to his knees. Zarcroft begins to slowly carve off the top of the wailing child's skull, producing a deafening, scratching cacophony. After taking a great portion of the bone away, he looks up and speaks with the voice of the Red Lights, whispering, shrieking all at once.

We're going to fix you, Eawin. See your Temporal lobe? Well, it controls your memories, but we already fixed that, now didn't we? Now. See this? He points to the Parietal lobe. This thingie-ma-jig controls your movements, perception and a whole wack of other important things. It is key that we don't mess with this, get me?

With that, Zarcroft's hands turn to large, black claws, and he plunges his inch-long nails into the lobe, seeping tar like liquid.

With a scream, Eawin awakes, and clutches his skull, the room around him shakes, and shadows flow around his eyes.

This.. can't.. be.. happeni- He jerks convulsively.

I am a good person.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 06:14:03 PM by Tristan Crowley/Eawin »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 07:33:24 PM »
Eawin lies in his cot, snug as a bug, and looks around, reverie not yet claiming him. After a good ten minute, he begins to note a crack in the wall. It is endless in depth, and there seems to be a faint glimmer of light inside of it.

Fascinated, Eawin creeps closer. He puts his eyes to the crack.

On the other side of this mysterious crevice, he sees the golden fields of his subconscious, a distant figure in the difference.

It takes a staggering step forward, and Eawin can see it is oblong in shape.

Clomp. Swwwiiish. Clomp. Swwiiish...

After a good ten (hours) minutes of viewing, it is in plain eyesight, the fading sunlight casting it in half illumination.

It is the Red Lights.

Its head (Cinnia?) is from a mutilated deer. It is looking down. Its human arms hang limp, and Eawin can recognize the rest: The body of Cinnia Woelful. He blinks, and finds himself in the field with it.

Slowly, the head turns up; its eyes are black, dead, and its cheeks are torn into a gruesome, jagged smile.

Making people mutilate animals is bad Eawin.

Eawin cowers in the sunlight, which fades into twilight with shocking speed. In the coming darkness, it steps forward.

Bad.

Bad.

Bad.

Bad.

Bad.

It holds up one cold, pale arm, and reaches towards him, the distance between them now a few scant feet.

Don't you want to watch me have a bath?

A small cut begins to form at the base of the human neck, and it rips down its torso. The chest cavity explodes, and from it the rest of the deer, grotesquely undersized, joins its head. Its misshapen form scrabbles with tiny legs, and it works its slow way to the gorey pile.

It begins to eat.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:58:00 PM by Virgil/Tristan Crowley/Henry Prill »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 09:03:30 PM »

The Good Doctor Zarcroft scribbles something in his notebook, and puts it under his arm, holding his hands together in front of him.

Eawin, you tried to kill Vladimir Kaiser.

No, Doctor.

Vladimir Kaiser is in confused.

Yes, Doctor.

You have payed for your crimes.

Yes, Doctor.

The device sends yet another stroke of electricity through Eawin's body.

After Eawin stops twitching, Zarcroft speaks once more.

You have payed for your crimes.

What crimes, Doctor?

Eawin smiles.

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Eawin stares at the ceiling, and his eyes track the next drop in line as it forms and takes its leap. His eyes trace lines across the walls that leave jagged silhouettes on his retinas. He smiles.

His own voice has changed. He is the Red Lights.

See how your world is what has been told to you, RedpurpleRed- Yes, Eawin. We are the Red Lights. You are our possession. Our tool in the Core. You are meant for greatness. Many have come before you, and see how they are destroyed by those that had you captivated for so-

Eawin jerks, his nervous system alight with implanted agony.

I was never in jail. I do not know Vladimir Kaiser.

He twitches, recovering from the mental assault of the thought control.

He speaks to the resonant stone walls, his voice inconsistant.

I am.

NO!

A good.

A BAD person, an OBJECT! You are OURS! OURS!

Person.

Eawin smiles, and he rolls over in his cot. Snug as a bug.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 02:03:48 PM by Tristan Crowley/Eawin »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:29:35 PM »

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 10:38:06 PM by Tristan Crowley/? »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »
Are you awake, Virgil?

Eawin looks up at the Good Doctor from his cot.

I'm awake now, Doctor. I'm happy to see you.

Eawin smiles in his strange, simple way, and traces a finger along his bald, scarrified pate.

Your big day is coming up soon, Virgil. Everyone will be your friend, isn't that right?

Yes, Doctor, I'm a nice man, a very nice man.

In the dark recesses of Eawin's mind, something akin to a lightswitch being flicked occurs. Eawin begins to remember something. Something vague.

Something not so nice.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:52:25 PM by Virgil/Tristan Crowley/Henry Prill »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
Re: Regenesis
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 11:51:39 PM »
Eawin touches the mask on his face. He flexes his throat muscles. He can feel the machinery that is embedded in his vocal chords. He sings a note quietly. He pushes his throat. He can feel how it is changed by the machinery that tugs at his muscle tissue.

He smiles.

The Doctor was right. Nobody's confused about who I am.

[he twitches a little]

What am I thinking? I'm Virgil. I've always been Virgil. I'm a good person.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:53:48 PM by Virgil/Tristan Crowley/Henry Prill »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
Re: Reintegration
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 09:51:42 PM »
Eawin looks up at the roofing of the Lady's Rest. He thinks, and he thinks hard. His eyes track the grain of the wood frantically. He begins to perspire. Why didn't the Doctor warn him about Shade? That's something he ought to have been told about. It made him so confused. It makes him think about a name.

Ry.

He wore red, and he made him burn. He made him suffer. What did he do to him? Did Eawin burn Ry? Who was Ry?

Eawin can only angrily ask why. The burn scars are gone, but he doesn't know how. After a few more minutes of thinking, blood begins to spread on his pillow. It doesn't appear to be from his nose. He sits up, and looks around.

Viiiiirgil. VIRGIL! Did you think we'd be gone so easy?! WELL!? No, we're not done with you yet, Virgil. We'll never be done. The Red Lights live forever. The Red Bringer summoned us, and we follow you until you die. Too bad you're an elf, buddy-oh!

Eawin casts aside the covers, and rushes around his room, tapping the walls.

Where are you!? I want to see you, yeah!

A cold hand grips his shoulder, and he turns around slowly, the chill from the freezing member sends strong tremors of weakness through him.

He looks up into the face of Ry Gazangaro, eyeless and rotted.

You'll respect us, or you'll die.

The hallucinations disappear, and he runs out of his room in a panic, falling unconscious, dreamless, alone.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:54:22 PM by Virgil/Tristan Crowley »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 05:59:59 PM »
     Eawin stands over her corpse, finally done taking his pleasure from her cold orifices.

Ciiiinnia, why didn't you tell me you needed a blanket?

He takes up the glowing blade, and hacks off her left hand with a few grunting swings. He smiles, and slips an old, reused wedding band onto the third finger, humming the wedding march.

I told you I'd have your hand in marriage...

Eawin walks away, bloodied blade in one hand, severed member clutched in the other, leaving the dilapidated and withered corpse of Tanya Kross to rot.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 06:02:12 PM by Virgil/Tristan Crowley »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 10:10:31 PM »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
Re: Fracturepiece Theatre
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 04:16:04 PM »
Eawin twitches, looking around his new lodgings. The ever-constant glow from the candelabras keeps his eyes throbbing in pain. He touches the door, and his hand clenches to a tight fist. He pounds.

I.. this is NOT MY FAULT! NO! The.. the.. Doctor will.. PUNISH ME!

After a few minutes of this, he tires himself out, and collapses, descending in to hazy, feverish dreams, dreams of an ever-morphing female figure.

The shape of this woman is surrounded by floating shadows, and although he cannot see who it is, Eawin lusts madly for her. He tries desperately to part the smokey veil around her, but his efforts are futile. The love he feels for this strange entity is matched only by his hatred for the diaphanous veil around her.

Through the murky logic of dreams, accompanied by his shattered mindset, Eawin finds a knife in his hands; it glistens with blood. His eyes scrape in their sockets as he looks between the hungry blade and the thrice-cursed woman.

You know what you need to do, Virgie-boy... cut her! Beat her! Slash her! Rape her! KILLLL HER!

No... I can't.. Cinnia.. I WANT her!

Virgil awakens with a shriek, clutching nothing but air.

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 05:07:44 PM »

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 07:35:18 PM »
  Virgil smiles.

Soon he'll have Cinnia again.

As soon as that Vardo gets him the blood... yes, yes he'll have Cinnia back. Why won't she.. no, it was Gisselle's fault! STOP-

Virgil twitches a little.

When will the Doctor get that priest? I need to be.. exorcised or something.

Virgil rolls Gisselle's scorched finger in his palm, and he raises it to the light of the inn room's candle. He looks at it with an expression of glee.

Soon.

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 01:45:05 AM »
  Virgil hangs. He hangs by his wrists, and they burn from the cold, unrelenting iron shackles that bind his frail wrists.

He passes in and out of delirium, Vonquette's drug making its exit of his body in a rather unpleasant way; large vomit stains further taint the grimey dungeon floor at his feet.

What is this about? Why is this happening? Why do I have a headache? Why...

Soon.

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Serevain

• Undead Master
Re: Memorium
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »
Virgil's soul shrieks for one last time, it's shattered contents ripping and shredding in agony.

The end.

Virgil, Shattered Husk

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 11:29:32 PM »
//For those who may want to read the story, from middle to end, Eawin -> Virgil -> Jeffron. :)

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 06:14:20 PM »
[bump for keeping]