Author Topic: Upcoming in Ravenloft - Previews!  (Read 36870 times)

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
Upcoming in Ravenloft - Previews!
« on: April 21, 2008, 04:27:17 AM »
As the topic suggest, this thread will be for giving out teasers, trailers, screenshots, adventure hooks or just hinting of what might just be coming your way.

As it was the screenshots posted in another thread that sparked the idea I'll just go ahead and quote them in here for all to see, all creds to EO for building & Eraldur for his screenshot-prestige!
Spoiler: show

Props to EO for these screenshots, Meant as a Sneak Peak  for what he has been working on for a while now; looks amazing; a good day to have a character from Dementlieu.  :mrgreen:
-------

Armand sits at the Broken Bell, telling a drunken Barovian of his homeland...

Dementlieu - Port-à-Lucine  - LeBarthe SR. 32 Years ago.

"Well friend, life does not always shine in Dementlieu - I remember when young garçon, my father always made a stop to check on his business by docks; he had me wait outside, I remember the smell being heavy even from the doorway, I understood much later on why, as I saw it with my own eyes; that any sort of vice can be assuaged for the slightest amount of solar at the Mutined Sailor."

The Mutined Sailor

"If you believe the Tigan's rest offers poor quality rooms, well let me tell you my friend, that in certain niches in town, that would be considered as high Luxury"

The Mutined Sailor - Second Floor

"Although, I will not lie to you when I say that the Blue Water inn; would be considered as second or third class nobilty amongst Dementlieu's finest in terms of establishment, L'Hôtel des Gouverneurs, that is First Class, L'Ami, it would cost you an arm, and a leg, The Penthouse rental for a Night, is worth a years' salary for those that live here, splendid it is with its high ceilings, its Chandeliers made of crystals"

L'Hôtel Des Gouverneurs (Governors Hotel)

"But to really witness beauty in its essence, a tour to the Grand Opera Nationale would take your breath away, Puits D'Orchestre, or La Maison de Cire and Le Muse Du Port-a-Lucine; Art to its finest beauty such as you've likely never had the chance to see"

Musée du Port-à-Lucine

"It is there, I had a first encounter with your lands, the rawness of your art is found apealing in certain circles"

Musée du Port-à-Lucine - Barovian Gallery

"There, you can admire the finest pieces of the Core's known civilizations and beyond"

"I would lie to you, if I said all smells of Rose, mon Ami, for it does not. Poverty is omnipresent in the lower Quartiers, overwhealming poverty. I always donated when I could, it is what I always did, and will continue to do"

Pawn Shop - Poor service Counter

Poverty - Wharehouse of the Poor

"Thankfully, many hospices can be found throughout the City, alas, they do not suffice to the high demand, and the Soeurs are overwhealmed, often times."

Hospice of Hala

"Impressive the Sights of Baratak you have here, have I told you of Cathedrale Sainte-Dame-des-Larmes? It is our highest peak in Port--a-Lucine, a sight to behold which has seen many faithful walk its hall"

Sainte-Dame-Des-Larmes

"A Place of untold Mysteries, Mon ami; knowledge, discovery and progress, if you could only see the amounts of books; beyond your wildest imagination"

Somewhere in Dementlieu

"Hé voilà, have another Ale on me, Monsieur Samvel! Another round for this Brave Barovian!"

More Dementlieu Teasers!: Many of the places here are featured in the Gazeteer III.

-----

Dementlieu - Port-a-Lucine - Governors Hotel

Port-a-Lucine - Governors Hotel - Penthouse

Port-à-Lucine - Quartier Ouvrier (don't mind the fog on the day shots, wont be like that once EO fixes the fog)

Port-à-Lucine - Quartier Ouvrier (At Night)

Musée de Cire - Alanik Ray

Musée de Cire - Van Richten

Musée de Cire - Alexandre de Cire

Musée de Cire - Vlad Drakov

Musée de Cire - Wyan Of Viktal

Musée de Cire - Lord Soth

Puits D'Orchestre

Pawn Shop

Port-à-Lucine - Docks - Mutined Sailor

Port-à-Lucine - Sainte-Dame-Des-Larmes

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:03:31 AM by Knas »

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Upcoming in Ravenloft - Previews!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 12:24:45 AM »
Some Evil Teasers to Water your mouth - Random Locations from Port-a-Lucine - Note, that some are even drafts, meaning they will get better once EO finishes them/polishes them.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 10:44:43 AM »
The Fifth Heresy

“Only by allowing the Darkness its place can Ezra destroy the seed that lurks in all but her sainted Apostles.”

-An unknown Radical Inquisitor

A plot by Heretic

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:09:03 PM »
Jean-Paul LaRochenoire

"To use an heretic or daemon sword is not to be a 'daemon lover', it is to be a daemon user to further the cause of the Grand Scheme. But we should never kill a Witch or an Heretic out of hate. We are tools, we are here to do the work in the name of Ezra. We rise above hatred, and the truly great Inquisitors kill not for hate, but because it is their duty. Those who cultivate needless hate such as most Puritans and use it as an excuse are not doing their duty. They are destroying the enemies of the church of Ezra and mankind not for *Her* sake, but for their own petty emotions."

-Jean-Paul LaRochenoire mentoring a young Inquisitor, Levkarest 749 BC

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 07:19:16 PM »
Enter G'henna

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 07:32:34 PM »
It's NWN. It's just got some awesome depth of focus going on.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 07:40:23 PM »
:thumbup:

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 02:19:16 AM »
:rock:

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
New Domain: Blaustein

Many storytellers can relate the tale of a man called Bluebeard. Some believe they spin only a yarn, designed to keep young brides obedient to their husbands. Others think perhaps they tell of someone whose flesh has long since crumbled into dust. But Bluebeard and the atrocities he committed were not fiction, nor did death remove him from other worlds. Ravenloft did...

Bluebeard - His Castle - His Subjects

His Land: Blaustein

Piracy: The Sea Of Sorrows

Next Teaser: The Splendor of Castle Blaustein - Stay Tuned

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:50:33 AM by DM Heretic »

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 12:08:13 AM »
The Sacrifices Of Forgotten Martyrs Are Remembered Always

Lockleed

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 02:11:06 PM »
The Sands of Har'Akir

Long ago, Har'Akir was a realm of prosperity, reaching the length of the Abal River Valley.  Its Pharaohs, the link between man and god, ruled the realm and kept the ancient balance of Ma'at.  Until the reign of Anhktepot came...

Now, Har'Akir is little more than a desolate wasteland.  The sands of the desert claim all, and the once mighty temples of the Great Ennead lay in ruin.  Scavengers prey on the unwary across its length, and deep beneath the sands, ancient evils await.  It is a realm so damned that only Ravenloft would draw it in...

Har'Akir, a land of desert sands and forgotten tombs, forsaken by the gods.

The Village of Muhar, the last vestige of civilization for the Akiri people.

The Oasis of Muhar.  The lifeblood of the scattered souls of Muhar.

The Bazaar, where the strange and exotic are traded.

The Slaves Quarter.  Misery and labor are the fate of those who are condemned to it.

Despite its desolation, dangerous predators still stalk the dunes of Har'Akir, seeking prey.

Beneath the desert, ancient dead slumber fitfully, beholden to the Gods of the Underworld.

Coming soon...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:22:07 PM by Lockleed »

The Prophet of Misinformation

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 09:05:58 PM »
The Forsaken Tower

The frozen wastes of the north are a realm of death and stagnation. Only the mad would dare to seek its truths.

Yet there must always be the fool - One willing to challenge legend for a better throw of the coin.

Endlessly have they marched implacably into the gloom of the mountains. Men which fancy themselves conquerors of the darkness and its horrors.

Only to be forgotten. A fleeting whisper of vain ambition spoken amongst countless others.

Evil is only a word. What festers within the heart of the north cannot be defined by a word, by it.

It awaits. The tower slumbers beneath a necropolis of ice.

The imperfections of flesh will be liberated.

Forbidden magics awaken to the beckon of their master.

The veil between the reality of truth and the reality of dream have been rent.

The insects will know only death.

Evil is only a word. No more.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:10:45 PM by DT_LordofDeath »
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 09:15:44 PM »
"The Time of Unparallelled Darkness falls fast upon the Land; we live in days of dying light! Signs and portents surround us, and only those who admit Ezra's light shall be spared."

-Bastion Teodorus Raines, 4th Sect

----------------

''Tenors are noble, pure and heroic and get the soprano, if she has not tragically expired before the final curtain. But baritones are born villains in opera.''

-Leonard Warren

*Subect to change, still in beta phases.

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »
Time fades even legend.

Yet prophecy is abhorrent to it.

Such is the proclamation of defiance.

Are all silent beneath Nuitari's lurid illumination. Yet not the castle which stirs from its doldrum.

The land itself was shaped by his will - rent into a parody of macabre beauty by a man's desire.

No more are its secrets hidden. No more dare the shadows slumber.

For fear of what rests beneath...

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:12:31 PM by The Prophet »
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »
''I formally release you and others from my service. I ask that you attach yourself to Lord Victor's house, to protect and serve him as loyally as you have served me."

-Strahd von Zarovich I to Lieutenant Tatra, second in command to the fell Commander Alek Gwilym of the von Zarovich army - making him the 1st Wachter Guard Captain - 351 BC - Massacre day

Source: Strahd I

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 03:23:13 AM »
''For Ezra's sake...''

''The...executioners' swamp, domn. Centuries of murder and executions by the ruined von Zeklos family...''

''Sickness and plague... sickness and plague. Bodies, Fishing bodies...''

''Then keep piling them heathen. The fires of Ezra will burn bright this Old Night..for only the fires of righteousness lit in her name can truly purge and cleanse this darkness..."

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »
"And so I've dreamt of darker places where others dare not go."

"Where nameless, faceless things of old now dwell."

"Unto I, the dreamer, one did speak the riddle of this hell."

"Quietly ever pray I to be left of this gift like better times ago."

The Rhyme of Moil - The Scriptures of Noll, a tome rotting in Har-Thelen's library

הירח האסור יהיה ידוע מחדש כאשר האביר השחור צועד על הקרקע.

The Forbidden Moon will be known anew when the black knight walks the land.
~Andrew Jackson

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 08:58:41 PM »
Some spell changes

The link above holds the new spell descriptions.  A brief overview of what's actually changing is below.  You should expect to see these changed in-game at some point in the near future.

Aura of Vitality: Changed duration from 1 round + 1 round / level to 1 turn + 1 turn / level.

Crumble: Changed damage progression to 1d8/level (max 10d8) from 1d6/level (max 15d6), making the spell more useful at lower levels.  Crumble will now work on inanimate objects (placeables and doors) in addition to constructs (D&D 3.5).

Divine Power: The "casters gains the difference between his strength and 18" has been changed to "caster gains +6 strength" (D&D 3.5).

Drown: Drown now brings a target to -1 hit points, rather than dealing 90% of the target's current hit points.  Target is incapacitated for one round before drowning (D&D 3.5).

Flame Lash: Changed damage progression.  Removed reflex saving throw.  Added a melee touch attack that must hit in order to deal damage.

Keen Edge: Can now keen any weapon type, rather than only slashing.

In addition, Flame Strike and Fire Storm now only have one reflex saving throw, (before they had individual saving throws for the divine portion and the fire portion).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:04:14 PM by Bad_Bud »

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 08:01:46 PM »
Finally, at last. For the very first time on PotM, on the bleak premises of the Wachter Estate serfdom...

Drum roll...

PotM's 1st, ever Outhouse area.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 02:47:48 PM »
The Wachter Estate & Serfdom

At the moment of this post, the areas are not in yet, but at last, here it is : The Wachter Estate.

Game purpose: To offer an immersive, dynamic experience in which characters will be able to witness and be part of Barovia's history, allowing a wide range of stories to be told and roles to be played within and around Barovia's oldest noble family : The Wachter.

PC concept opportunities that will open in the future include & are not limited to:

• PC guards / house guards / militia
  • House Servants (with many professions)
  • House staff (food & ressource collectors)
  • Diplomats / Envoys
  • Artists
  • Gravedigger - Mausoleum keeper
  • Crafters
  • Dungeon keeper & more
  • Inn keeper staff
  • Seedy exporter
  • Bounty hunter
  • Fist fighters & more.

Credits : A huge thanks to those who helped in this project, starting by my developer peeps who answered a lot of my annoying questions and the players who inspire us to tell stories. Here's a list of people in particular that have contributed significantly.

Collaborators :

Talek - co-builder of dungeons.
Strigoi - inspiration for Estate interior aesthetics
Holy_rage - for a NPC.
Stygian Witch - for a NPC contribution.
Vengeful Seraphim -  Oleg Wachter NPC concept collaboration.

Inspirations :

Rachel - inspiration for Wachter crypts & Mausoleum.
Oculus - inspiration for serfdom feel.

Testers & bug finders :

herkles, dutchy, Bluebomber, EO, Vinculum, Macabre, Oculus, Nocturne, puckwolf, Geiger & more I can't remember.

Last and not least, a huge thanks to Soren for compiling & designing the systems that make the magic happen!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:50:03 PM by Heretic »

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 02:51:42 PM »
They thought my essence scattered -- the glory of my vision and will only a memory.

I HAVE ENDURED.

Where once existed dissonance, there is now only clarity. A divine conciseness of purpose.

I HAVE DREAMED.

Of the dark offerings which the old masters now proffer. I am thrall before none.

I HAVE RETURNED.

Yet it is hardly I which inspires terror within their antediluvian hearts.

~Andrew Jackson

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 10:28:40 AM »
Why is it in these times of coming darkness, you look always to the future and to the past and yet never below for the answers you seek?
Is it that you fear to learn what has forever been waiting in such places or that in knowing them, you can no further suffer them as a lie?

~The Bleak Prophet, Meditations

Consumed by it, the weak endeavour only to become weaker. I have glimpsed what is to come and yet for all of my cunning, is yet never enough.
However inevitable my demise, it is my last act to offer them the chance I've never had. A dark and unfulfilling taste of that most bitter illusion -- hope.
~Andrew Jackson

Dread

• Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 06:01:45 PM »
Every magic trick consists of three parts, or acts.

The first part is called the pledge, the magician shows you something ordinary.

The second act is called the turn, the magician takes the ordinary something and makes it into something extraordinary.

But you wouldn't clap yet, because making something disappear isn't enough. You have to bring it BACK.

Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out.

You want to be fooled.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:03:27 PM by DM Vengeance »

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 06:21:45 PM »
Hurry up and add this!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 11:30:30 PM »
Coming soon...