You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Props to the Developers / Designers!  (Read 145434 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Props to the Developers / Designers!
« Reply #350 on: August 01, 2019, 09:02:31 AM »
Much appreciation for the work that the recent shutdowns and subsequent character corruption have necessitated.

Although such labor can be thankless and seem unappreciated because players are upset and frantic at the loss of the effort they have put into characters (as well as being deprived of playing something we enjoy), we all also understand that the impact is the greatest on our Devs. You have to undo work you have recently performed and painstakingly spend hours trouble-shooting and then making corrections. Whereas the time we spent and "lost" was presumably enjoyable play time, this task is no fun for anyone.

If we seem impatient and needy, it is only a reflection of how much we use something you provide to us freely and how accustomed we have come to having it readily available and reliable. For that we are always grateful :D

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2019, 09:19:10 AM »
Ok, so I fully checked out the medical building at the dementlieu uni and let me just say: wow.

The amount of detail in there, the rooms, the incinerator, and I loved totally loved finding that magically chilled morgue. Whoever designed that deserves a pat on the back (even if just from themselves).
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #352 on: December 08, 2019, 03:20:28 PM »
Ok, so I fully checked out the medical building at the dementlieu uni and let me just say: wow.

The amount of detail in there, the rooms, the incinerator, and I loved totally loved finding that magically chilled morgue. Whoever designed that deserves a pat on the back (even if just from themselves).

Thanks!

Building out off the mists

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #353 on: January 06, 2020, 12:43:58 AM »
Although new Dvergheim looks quite a bit different from the rest of the server, it's a nice brush-up.

The fall-away when going down to the mine is a particularly stunning touch.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2020, 10:27:22 AM »
New Dwarf places looks amazing good job :)

StreetSamurai

• Outlander
  • Isle of Sartosa
« Reply #355 on: January 06, 2020, 02:55:27 PM »
dyes have 44 charges and im literally crying right now
now with 100% less rvt

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #356 on: January 15, 2020, 09:04:20 AM »
Looking over the list of changes announced today but not yet having a chance to try them out, I want to say thanks for all the hard work and listening to player concerns.

Both the bug fixes and the new development are responsive to those priorities it seems to me a large share of players were most clamoring for.

:cheer:

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2020, 12:08:47 PM »
Looking over the list of changes announced today but not yet having a chance to try them out, I want to say thanks for all the hard work and listening to player concerns.

Both the bug fixes and the new development are responsive to those priorities it seems to me a large share of players were most clamoring for.

:cheer:

A lot of the fixes were for things that I saw reported here on the forums not long ago. So agreed. The responsiveness of development is amazing!

Cassius

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2020, 05:57:32 PM »
To whoever mapped the updated Dvergeheim. I love it.

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #359 on: March 22, 2020, 05:28:19 AM »
Dunno how long ago this was a thing, but the updated monster models are epic. Super props!

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #360 on: March 22, 2020, 06:42:43 AM »
Thank you for the rental system. Its been amazing. A huge boost to the immersion and sense of belonging. Really great job!

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #361 on: April 06, 2020, 09:40:16 PM »
Just did the Underground Mage Lab for the first time, and it was pretty awesome! Thanks to the Dev who put the work in on it!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:00:47 PM by Kaninchen »

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #362 on: April 07, 2020, 01:47:24 PM »
Thanks for the quick turn around on bugs. Obviously its a thankless job, but much appreciated.

In particular, thanks for the help with the "Nimble Bones" Feat.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #363 on: April 13, 2020, 11:35:09 AM »
Today was the first time I noticed the polling thread about things players would like to see implemented by devs that was made almost a year ago, around when I started playing. I wanted to give the devs props for tackling a lot of things people seemed to express interest in! Truly, a job well done in helping create this fun play house to get lost in for a few hours at a time. 

Yesper

« Reply #364 on: April 13, 2020, 03:21:35 PM »
Today was the first time I noticed the polling thread about things players would like to see implemented by devs that was made almost a year ago, around when I started playing. I wanted to give the devs props for tackling a lot of things people seemed to express interest in! Truly, a job well done in helping create this fun play house to get lost in for a few hours at a time.

The server has come a very long way since I started. I am continually impressed by the responsiveness of the development and DM team, especially considering that the work they do is unpaid and, as the saying goes, a labour of love. I find myself excited for what the future holds for the server and the stories told within.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #365 on: April 27, 2020, 08:44:41 AM »
Scripting and System changes:

- Implemented automatic cleaning up of store for junk items to improve performance.

- Did various stability and performance improvements.

I don't know if this has done the trick, but yesterday and last night I didn't experience any of the soul-crushing lag and ping-ponging that has been common most times when I've logged in lately.

Hope you've succeeded in tracking down the culprit.

Ken14

• Undead Master
« Reply #366 on: April 27, 2020, 09:02:06 AM »
Very much the same here, everything ran smooth like butter, even when surrounded by a dozen of players. Well done, developers! Great job!

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #367 on: May 03, 2020, 02:40:10 PM »
Cosmic/Erebus!

I love the randomized traps dropped in all those common looting places. It makes it much more interesting and dangerous! Nothing more exhilarating than getting a str drain from an aura becoming slowed as you are running away invis while also rolling to fail your save versus trap on something that you didn't expect to be in your path of escape!

Much better experience! Much more immersive and less predictable.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 02:43:10 PM by immasturgeon »

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #368 on: May 03, 2020, 05:18:50 PM »
Cosmic/Erebus!

I love the randomized traps dropped in all those common looting places. It makes it much more interesting and dangerous! Nothing more exhilarating than getting a str drain from an aura becoming slowed as you are running away invis while also rolling to fail your save versus trap on something that you didn't expect to be in your path of escape!

Much better experience! Much more immersive and less predictable.

I haven't had the opportunity to visit any of the changed/new dungeons, but I want to join in applauding Erebus's effort. Given the increase in the server population, it's been noticeably more difficult to find places to go once a group is gathered. New is good, but also increasing the challenge of the always frequented makes old more exciting and means players will less likely be able to solo the familiar.

Random traps are something I have long thought would be a great change, so I'm interested so see whether I will be happy having received what I wished for :P

A humble sage

• New to the Mists
« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2020, 10:25:27 PM »
I wanted to give the designers mad props for including so many old documents and other lore-focused items and locations to find. It's been great fun piecing together esoteric bits of information, and having that search for knowledge be something that the world itself supports is fantastic!
Quiliti "Q" Kharnessa - Lucky charm
Shelved: Merrin Vlen - wandering scholar

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #370 on: June 02, 2020, 11:50:11 AM »
Server has been up for more than 100 hours without a crash, and I have not noted any lag the last few times I've played.

This even though players are going to town with placeables.

slash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #371 on: June 02, 2020, 01:07:38 PM »
I've been noticing lately the scripted NPC interactions around Port. They're really cute and I love how they tell little stories in the background! Well done!
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.

Serina Rhea

• Outlander
« Reply #372 on: June 03, 2020, 09:00:50 AM »
Server has been up for more than 100 hours without a crash, and I have not noted any lag the last few times I've played.

This even though players are going to town with placeables.

This really is amazing, it's like the most stable it's ever been (since I started playing at least I mean >-< ) and there are more players doing more silly things than ever probably ^-^

Really well done ^-^b

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #373 on: June 27, 2020, 12:52:21 AM »
Those dying dummies in Krezk and Leucine ... life-changing <3
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #374 on: June 27, 2020, 12:52:50 AM »
Those dying dummies in Krezk and Leucine ... life-changing <3

this X 10000000000000000000000000000000000000