Author Topic: Props to the Developers / Designers!  (Read 145354 times)

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
Re: Props to the Developers / Designers!
« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2018, 03:28:44 AM »
Going to put my hand up for the recent change to allow 'legacy items' of particular significance to be handed down (or stolen) in enchanted items.  Love the work around and the idea behind it, and grateful it got put in quite unexpectedly.

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
Kudos to MAB... The new craftable gauntlets, gloves & bracers are really cool.

Green Monster

• Undead Master
  • Nougat-pilfering cheese-cretin
Re: Positive system experience
« Reply #327 on: January 16, 2019, 07:44:59 AM »
The @ commands to customize the character are a much-appreciated consideration. Also kudos on the herbalism additions and the efforts to introduce defense oriented options for melee characters like Bonetti's defense
Sadie Halloway (nope, no giant graphic, sorry ;-P )

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #328 on: January 20, 2019, 04:35:29 PM »
Sithicus is by far the most immersive landscape on PotM, and its partially finished nature is our greatest woe. The environment is full of evocative sculpture and flavortext that promotes questions rather than giving answers, and the challenges are... legitimately scary!

It's hard to express in words how much work has gone into this domain, but in appreciation of it, here's this:

Spoiler: show

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #329 on: January 27, 2019, 12:07:31 PM »
EO for all the hard work fixing that slew of problems!

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Dark Lord
  • The Bereaved & Defunct.
« Reply #330 on: January 27, 2019, 08:21:06 PM »
Thank you Prophet Of Lies for making Sithicus, I’ve explored it throughoutly and yet the area still manages to impress me on how detailed and actually scary the domain is.

You have done a very good job, thank you.

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2019, 05:57:41 AM »
For the first time in almost 4 years of playing, I have gotten experience points for stealthing around.

I didn't believe this system existed until today.

BEAUTIFUL STUFF.

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2019, 09:51:33 AM »
For the first time in almost 4 years of playing, I have gotten experience points for stealthing around.

BEAUTIFUL STUFF.

I’m curious about this system. Did you get a notification like the roleplay experience gained indicator? Or just based off your rest message you were able to infer that you gained xp from stealthing around?

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #333 on: February 16, 2019, 05:10:56 PM »

BEAUTIFUL STUFF.

I’m curious about this system. Did you get a notification like the roleplay experience gained indicator? Or just based off your rest message you were able to infer that you gained xp from stealthing around?

Neither - the exp ticks, as if I killed something, suddenly & immediately (no space of time between them) showed up in my combat log.

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #334 on: February 16, 2019, 06:01:52 PM »

BEAUTIFUL STUFF.

Neither - the exp ticks, as if I killed something, suddenly & immediately (no space of time between them) showed up in my combat log.

Wow that’s really interesting! So does the system seem to be geared towards encouraging players to use stealth for role play or for stealthing around level appropriate monsters? Were you around PC’s or monsters when you were awarded xp or both? Sorry for all the questions, I’ve just never heard of this system before now.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #335 on: February 16, 2019, 06:19:19 PM »
This often happens to me while ninjalooting, though I'm not sure what the actual parameters are. 

Philos

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #336 on: February 16, 2019, 06:57:37 PM »
Over the years I've gotten a few of those xp ticks. There's really two conditions that I've noticed. One there have to be creatures around of sufficient CR to pose a significant danger to you. Two, you must stand a real chance of failing your passive hide and move silently checks

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #337 on: February 16, 2019, 07:12:35 PM »
Over the years I've gotten a few of those xp ticks. There's really two conditions that I've noticed. One there have to be creatures around of sufficient CR to pose a significant danger to you. Two, you must stand a real chance of failing your passive hide and move silently checks

This is very interesting.  I always assumed it had something to do with the difficulty of what you were doing, but I also noticed I was never in any danger of failing the active rolls that happen when actually doing the looting.  I didn't consider it might be based on the passive rolls instead.

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #338 on: February 16, 2019, 07:58:38 PM »

BEAUTIFUL STUFF.

Wow that’s really interesting! So does the system seem to be geared towards encouraging players to use stealth for role play or for stealthing around level appropriate monsters? Were you around PC’s or monsters when you were awarded xp or both? Sorry for all the questions, I’ve just never heard of this system before now.

Your answer:

Inti

• Undead Master
« Reply #339 on: March 14, 2019, 07:42:41 AM »
Herbalism.  Both as it was and the latest changes.

Hats off to the people who put in the time to come up with all the detail and implement it. It makes exploration of various locations just that bit more fun too!

8)
“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

TedFromDebate

• Undead Slayer
  • "Bardic Senses"
« Reply #340 on: March 14, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »
I feel bad because this is the only server I have ever played on Nwn really, so I really dont know quite what makes it so great, but I gotta say that I have played this server on and off for 3 or 4 years, and I still know so little about this game.
What I love about this server is that you can feel that there has been litterally more than a decade of meticulous design, even in the starting area.
But, to just say system experience, gotta say I love the weather and season system, giving players the ability to not only know when it would make sense to put a hood on, but to give players an incentive to change outfits to fit the season (things I personally have seen only in much newer games, and even then it seems more of a sprinkle on the cake as compared to a core ingredient). And, herbs being a cycle of seasons is something I never even think about because it makes so much sense.

Sorry if I just spewed nonsense, but I guess I wanna just say this server is dope, and I wish I had played earlier to know just how much work has been put in to make it the best play experience.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:28:00 PM by TedFromDebate »
Raine
"Everyone's got a song singing on, but what they don't know is they write the verses."

Lucille Kelter - Oathbearer of Atlas
"Love not only one's victory, but love one's struggle as well."

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #341 on: March 14, 2019, 06:59:00 PM »
Yes this place is very solid. I was blown away the first time I logged on and played through the intro. Very high quality. It almost makes me forget I'm playing an ancient game.

I think my favorite part is the lighting. I LOVE how it gets truly dark. You actually "need" light sources and dark vision actually does something. I can't stress enough how amazing this is. Even something as simple as having the ability to "sit" on air so you can sit on non-sitable objects that don't have an "invisible chair."  That's something I've been wanting to see for years. The death system is amazing, and makes dying actually fun. Also, even not having "parties" turns out to be highly immersive and has a strange psychological affect of making you feel you can be included with almost anyone as opposed to other servers where you sometimes have to grind solo for months to be able to be included. I'm so glad the levels are capped to 20, and while I prefer even lower, this is massively relieving to not have loads of 21+ demi-gods running around mucking up power levels to ridiculous levels.

I can't give Ravenloft enough praise. Very well done, everyone.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2019, 09:14:43 AM »
Thanks for the new height system, bug fixes, and incremental patch.

Looking forward to testing out the first with Iridni, as I've always wanted her sprite to reflect her small size. Hope she doesn't take too much of an OCR hit!

I wish I could help more easily with checking whether the bug fixes took, but aside from a recent trip to Anubis, I've not experienced any of those and therefore they aren't any that typically affect my character. I suppose I could volunteer to be shot....:D

Fixing small bugs and incremental patches are both things I asked for in the developers' poll. So cheers and appreciation!

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2019, 12:30:49 PM »
Thanks for all your hard work! Height system is great.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2019, 09:20:19 PM »
Today was such an immersive, happy day. Everyone was excited, RP was rife and plentiful, we gathered together to see each other's heights in comparison to our own. I have never seen so many people so excited. It was a fantastic feature to add, completely appeasing over the player base and we're so thankful. The height scaling was one of the single best moves and appreciated greatly. All the work that went into it making such a small thing made a big difference. Thank you so much for height scaling.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2019, 09:30:17 PM »
Today was such an immersive, happy day. Everyone was excited, RP was rife and plentiful, we gathered together to see each other's heights in comparison to our own. I have never seen so many people so excited. It was a fantastic feature to add, completely appeasing over the player base and we're so thankful. The height scaling was one of the single best moves and appreciated greatly. All the work that went into it making such a small thing made a big difference. Thank you so much for height scaling.

We're all very grateful for the Devs hard work, time and patience to make this possible. Roleplay has most certainly been enhanced with this change, thank you so much.

Iyer

• Outlander
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2019, 10:38:40 PM »
Yes, the height modifications are spectacular. Finally everyone else can better see how we envision our characters. It's good to see all the diversity now.

Pav

• Dark Power
« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2019, 12:55:05 AM »
The development teams dedication to addressing bugs and problems in the last while has been unlike what I am used to in NWN communities. Very well done, and all the efforts taken are laudable.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2019, 10:50:14 PM »
Thanks for the Death Knight!

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

ASymphony

• Professional Shitposter
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #349 on: June 21, 2019, 06:23:04 AM »
Thanks for the Death Knight!

Ogodyes, so happy