You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Props to the Developers / Designers!  (Read 146795 times)

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
Re: Props to the Developers / Designers!
« Reply #425 on: December 12, 2021, 01:03:47 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but major props and a huge "thank you" to Phantasia, EO, and the team for the "Resources" and "Active Staff" channels on the POTM Discord. The links have been incredibly helpful already.

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #426 on: January 10, 2022, 07:48:54 PM »
I would like to thank the Devs for giving us the chance to have such a great room for dvergheim, the Archondum currently just found full projects with it.

I really like the visual of the small room also on the right side which is very nice with the designs on the walls!

Knight of Rhodes

• The Butcher of Barovia
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #427 on: February 27, 2022, 02:39:33 AM »
A massive shout out to COSMIC. 

You can build a dungeon, my guy. 

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men

GiganticHowlslime

• Outlander
  • Chad LFRP User
« Reply #428 on: February 27, 2022, 03:41:18 PM »
I've been mapping out Vallaki recently, and I'm actually really surprised how consistent to the source material everything is!

And even better, the various details, and rabbit holes hidden everywhere on the map. The writing on small prompts that come up so consistently does so much - One feature I've always missed from old-school RPGs is the way the written prompts can hit senses that visual and audio doesn't. I swear I could smell the Executioner's Swamp. It didn't smell good.

Have you turned on LFRP today?

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #429 on: February 27, 2022, 09:03:45 PM »
I've been mapping out Vallaki recently, and I'm actually really surprised how consistent to the source material everything is!

And even better, the various details, and rabbit holes hidden everywhere on the map. The writing on small prompts that come up so consistently does so much - One feature I've always missed from old-school RPGs is the way the written prompts can hit senses that visual and audio doesn't. I swear I could smell the Executioner's Swamp. It didn't smell good.

Therea a few dungeons in east Barovia that are tile for tile from the Strahds Possession game you may like.

Ternce

• Undead Master
  • Ye be naught but a worm.
« Reply #430 on: February 27, 2022, 10:09:38 PM »

Wait until you see the Village of Barovia.  It is 1/1 square for square Strahd's Possession 1994.

Thorne

• Outlander
    • Ashes and Temples.com
« Reply #431 on: March 24, 2022, 04:06:49 AM »
I continue to be amazed at finding new things even in areas I thought I'd long explored, and this just amazes me.
"If the truth were subjective then the majority would always be right."

William Roberts

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • Thrown a kettle over a pub...what have you done?
« Reply #432 on: April 21, 2022, 03:50:58 PM »
CosmicRay, who--in addition to all the substantial and appreciated development work he does--continues to be a model for staff-user interaction. Not only is he accessible and willing to engage players in free and open discussion, he generally achieves the appropriate level of authority without resorting to condescension.

Having witnessed his "development" into one of the finest of resources POTM can call upon and one the community should be thankful for retaining over the last decade plus, I doff my hat to him.

Beauty like a tightened bow, a kind that is not natural in an age like this.

BwpsychoName

• Dark Power
« Reply #433 on: May 15, 2022, 06:56:09 PM »
The new Crypt Raider gear is really cool. Props to those who put those in.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #434 on: May 15, 2022, 08:13:21 PM »
The new Crypt Raider gear is really cool. Props to those who put those in.

Do I need to unshelve my CR?!

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #435 on: May 18, 2022, 02:22:12 PM »
Thanks for the new Gendarmerie uniforms!
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

Alalaurealarialelia

• Outlander
« Reply #436 on: July 06, 2022, 01:50:54 PM »
To whoever wrote "The Kaldresh Origin Myth, or the Tale of Vistan" or at least decided to put it into the server, thank you! I love that book, it's sooooo well-written!

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #437 on: July 09, 2022, 06:28:22 AM »
The new dress/robe options are gorgeous - I am so glad they fit male pheno, too! :)
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

Lex Talionis

• Outlander
« Reply #438 on: July 25, 2022, 07:19:37 PM »
I just want all you devs and designers to know that I think you're doing fantastic. We've seen tons of content updates over the past two years and it keep rolling out.

Thanks for all your hard work, for giving us more options and ways to play, and for generally doing a stellar job at making this server very cool.

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #439 on: July 27, 2022, 08:50:22 AM »
To whoever designed the new areas around the village of Barovia: Very well done. Loving the atmosphere!

Dardonas

« Reply #440 on: July 28, 2022, 08:51:31 PM »
I'd like to give props to Phantasia for a satisfying response in the recent GE thread.  It can feel like a thankless job doing this sort of work, but I wanted to note that I appreciate the transparency and the willingness of the Devs to look these things over and discuss them even if it can be a bit of a hot topic.

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2022, 04:51:10 PM »
Im absolutely in love with the new area added to the mist region. Very well done!

Alalaurealarialelia

• Outlander
« Reply #442 on: September 20, 2022, 01:35:04 AM »
Im absolutely in love with the new area added to the mist region. Very well done!

I have to second that, the area is gorgeous.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #443 on: November 01, 2022, 06:35:14 AM »
Since I started playing again several months ago, I noticed the server is much more stable and frequently stays up for the better part of a week. It is a massive improvement to the experience compared to a year or two ago, where we had almost daily crashes and resets, not to mention the several hour long unplayable lag storms before and after them. At this point, I wonder if I will ever see a reset vote again. It's so nice to not have to worry about the 20 to 40 minute RP deadzone that resets create no matter how necessary they are.

This and all the quality of life additions and changes particularly to crafting are very welcome. So much time saved that can be instead used for RP. Seriously impressive work.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Vallaki Justice

• Undead Master
« Reply #444 on: November 13, 2022, 12:49:20 PM »
The closure book priest of Jergal is a great addition that allows players to leave a small footprint on the module. Thank you, Dev team.

Favee

• Undead Master
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2022, 02:23:49 AM »
The closure book priest of Jergal is a great addition that allows players to leave a small footprint on the module. Thank you, Dev team.

I agree with this.  Both the in-game book thread and the Priest of Jergal are great additions.
Discord: Favee#4934

Barovian Female Peasant 2.0

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't trust the Old Noapte.
« Reply #446 on: November 16, 2022, 12:03:31 AM »
I have a habit of exploring and RPing with NPCs randomly when I find myself unable to find RP.

Been thoroughly going over Vallaki, and I want to say kudos to the devs who worked on the town over the years, and continue to work on it at times. The NPC dialogues are genuinely interesting and gets me hunting for more interactions and tidbits of lore. I know most stories they tell are lost to server history, but it's really fun to read about some things and wonder what happened! Areas are also so well designed.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2022, 12:41:32 AM »
I've only seen a little bit of it so far, but Markovia is amazing. Not only is the scenery truly beautiful to look at, the layout (and minimap) and environmental effects do a terrific job of giving the domain a true, unique sense of wildness. The ambiance really shines through, and I can't wait to see more of it.

She Said Destroy

• The Underworld
  • New to the Mists
« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2022, 01:15:01 AM »
I like the new path for outcasts in the outskirts. Good work.

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #449 on: November 20, 2022, 03:33:42 AM »
While the topic itself may be controversial to some, how the survey was programmed into PotM is pretty damn cool.

A pop-up menu with multi-choice options? What else could this be used for? It's pretty cool.