You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Props to the Developers / Designers!  (Read 146904 times)

WildPirate13

Re: Props to the Developers / Desginers!
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2010, 05:53:20 PM »
[removed by poster]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:06:22 PM by WildPirate13 »

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »
Its serious, the amount of attention to detail in every single area, is top drawer.
Lately been re-appreciating Midway Haven. I love renoticing every nook, cranny, atmospheric blurb, and NPC description.
If you can not get immersed in PotM, its a lack of imagination.
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

Shadowthrone

« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »
I like the latest RP XP system, it seems to give a nice steady flow of reasonable experience for roleplay - not too much, not too little in my opinion.

jugnaut

• Dark Lord
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2010, 12:00:20 AM »
Leather boot crafting is pretty awesome.  Thanks guys, keep up the good work.  I'd love to see leather cloaks, gloves, and hoods/helmets.  Also would love to see poison varnishes being possible.

Mortimer-uber hin
Istvan Csapek-"hm hm hm"
Erik Draven-Ezra's Anchorite
Kalmah-Ex-Vardo

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2010, 01:33:39 AM »
Leather helmets are already possibile with a specific material...
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2010, 04:28:03 AM »
Anyway tested the system a bit and I honestly see just positive sides.

1) There is actually something which had been long asked, that is more variety for some crafts.
2) A very newbie-friendly system which allows to earn some coins with a very minimal cost, that of the "perpetual" patterns, and a minimal risk, that of hunting animals and cutting trees.
3) A system which grants earning which is not dependent on a necessary dungeoning.
4) Provided the weight of some of the items produced (and of craft materials), enforcing/stimulating collaborations and trades.

I love this server...

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »
Props to Lockleed! AWESOME work on Har Akir! :thumbup:

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2010, 03:33:10 AM »
I am throwing myself behind Lockleed about HarAkiri

my only complaint is.... connect those transitions, I keep wanting to run that way, but cant get further!

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2011, 09:36:02 AM »
Completely lost in the tide of the new Raise dead / Resurrection Sustem.... Is the completely fantastic addition of being able to add the cool accessory items to your appearance that take up the wing space!

Thanks for that!

one question, is there a cloak model that you can see the accessories through or do all cloaks cover them?
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2011, 09:55:11 AM »
Just want to praise the awesome music around. I like the music change to the Port-a-Lucine areas too.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2011, 11:08:44 AM »
I will also thank the devs for the fireworks and the firework store in port-a-lucine :)

Jadow_Valroth

• Undead Slayer
    • My facebook
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
I felt the need to go ahead and give props to all of the team. Since I first started playing herre back around Mid '05. This server has comes leaps in bounds, and so much has changed that I feel like I'm re-learning things I was certain I knew like the back of my hand. Such as, the crypts of Barovia after I went there for the first time in a long time last night.

On the way back to Vallaki, I was thinking how back then, I ran around on Jadow and mapped out every bit of the world I could get access to, and all these years later, garanted, with some extended breaks at some points, that the world really has grown quite large.

So, what's it, props to you guys, on a overall job well done.
Jadow Valroth - Fighter/Rogue
Chanler Dermar - Cleric of Pelor
Ravish Yale - Wizard
Victor Malvaious - Paladin
Kaliev Valen - Druid
Jerrick Malas - Fighter/WM
Myth Valandil - Bard

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »
Thanks to Soren and helpers for all the new DM tools and commands!

They allow a totally new experience of dming! Thanks!  :rock:

Illy-Dan

• Undead Slayer
  • Who is John Galt?
    • Grey Wardens.com
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
I got to use the new Death System today (where you can choose to fade and when to stand), I honestly think it is great!

"Enemies, as well as lovers, come to resemble each other over a period of time."
— Sydney J. Harris

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2011, 11:00:53 PM »
I had my first experience with the new 'Playing Dead' option for when you stabilize and I must say, LIFE-SAVER! o_o;; There's nothing more terrifying than stabilizing with a pair of Caliban Gangleaders tea-bagging your corpse, waiting for you to get back up.
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.

harlock

• Undead Slayer
Positive system experience
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2011, 10:12:41 AM »
Making this thread to thank those that work their @ss off to balance server and make it more realistic. Also cause i realized that last month we have a patch every 3 or so days.

For now i want to thank those that worked on monster's AI. Yesterday i noticed that some enemies, if not all, are using hide, when i was hunting hook horrors. Was just one in front of me so i rushed for it's head and suddenly i got surrounded by seven more large and greater hook horrors, same happened with juju zombies.
Things like that makes dungeoning more difficult, gives meaning to CRs and spot skill that was used only when dm was there. Also gives meaning to elf's feat that can spot and search automatically
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:09:24 AM by Zarathustra217 »

Threefold

• Dark Lord
Re: Possitive system experience
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2011, 11:30:20 AM »
Pretty much every @ system. Love all those things. Writing, Markers, description changes, etc etc.

The faction systems, which are to RP what dungeons are to adventuring.

The bounties...

The mist travel...

Blurghg. So much stuff.

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2011, 01:25:54 PM »
My pirate dies at the week end & after a failed raise dead, up rose his zombie , wearing his hat !  8)   Yeah I know simple things please simple minds

Kenkaku

• Undead Master
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »
My pirate dies at the week end & after a failed raise dead, up rose his zombie , wearing his hat !  8)   Yeah I know simple things please simple minds

Pirate-hat wearing zombehs... So many things wrong and right about that. I expect a certain DM to be spawning Pirate Zombehs before the days end >.>

btw, +1 for the epic crafting skills. Simple, fairly easy and highly logical. Just one more recipe to go...
I am but a blade, A simple tool of destruction.

Illy-Dan

• Undead Slayer
  • Who is John Galt?
    • Grey Wardens.com
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
The Mark system & Monster AI are both amazing, honestly I've never seen an AI on NWN behave so fluidly.  Just as Three pointed out, charging a Skelly-bob only to have 20 of his mates pop out of Hide is both awesome and terrifying in equal measure (happened in level 2 Crypts yesterday).

"Enemies, as well as lovers, come to resemble each other over a period of time."
— Sydney J. Harris

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2011, 04:08:36 AM »
Thanks for the praise all, definitely worth stickying! (in my entirely unbiased opinion at least)

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
Re: Positive system experience
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2011, 05:01:15 AM »
I'd like to sing happy songs about the whole MPC system. Although it has had its share of bugs and challenges, the opportunity this server provides to people like myself is great, to really express myself and have jolly times with others.

So thanks to EO, Zarathustra, and whoever else I am not aware of that worked on it.

Misan

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2011, 10:09:55 PM »
The weather system and seasonal changes.  With the changes in the season and lack of the ferry, or the herbs that change and add dynamics to what would otherwise be a boring and static chore of gathering them.   This is something that I have never seen done better on any NWN server.  It gives the environment an impact on RP and a true feeling of immersion.  That is one of the many things I absolutely adore about the server.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »
Something I have really appreciated in time, apart all the things told so far, is the fastness our developers fix major and minor bugs. When something takes longer to be fixed, be sure it is something really nasty. There is 0 laziness in our developing staff :)

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »
Something I have really appreciated in time, apart all the things told so far, is the fastness our developers fix major and minor bugs. When something takes longer to be fixed, be sure it is something really nasty. There is 0 laziness in our developing staff :)

Agreed times Infinity

I'm amazingly impressed how fast the developers work to fix problems and change systems.