Author Topic: Props to the Developers / Designers!  (Read 145361 times)

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
Props to the Developers / Designers!
« on: April 20, 2008, 06:16:58 PM »
Since there is a props-thread for players and props-thread for DMs I wanted to mention some great sights on the server - props for the developers!

Here are some of my favourites:

Props to the designer of Erika Grey (in the undead lair) - very chilling story!

Props to the designer of the Tser Falls area - most awesome sight I've seen so far!

Props to the designer of the Demonologist Temple!

Props to the designer of Barovia and sourrounding!

Great job!

:thumbup:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:18:27 PM by DM Macabre »

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Props to the Developers / Desginers!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 06:27:54 PM »
Houlgraves' library - Residential  ==> amongst one, if not my favourite interior in the module (Given I have yet, in three years, to see Castle Ravenloft's interiors). Well done, inspiring stuff.

Corvus for Ghakis.

Props to EO, for the creation and on-going construction of Port-a-Lucine.

Doom

• Pain? Pain is like love . . . like compassion! It is a thing only for lesser men.
  • Dark Power
  • What is pain to Doom?
    • Last Stand Legacy Beta
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 06:43:05 PM »
The Castle is all that and a bag of chips, especially with the music. You ould also spend weeks trying to figure out where everything is.

Ruxandra

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 09:57:44 PM »
Yes indeedy, they have given us a very nice sandbox to play in. I never get tired of looking at it. Take a bow, pat yourselves on the back and what have you!
Ruxandra, Beater of the Elderly! (It was medicinal, really!)
"I never stabbed anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem."

Ratchet, Lost Wingnut with a Screw Loose
"Barovia will know true fear, she carries a wrench and wields dimples."

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 10:06:30 PM »
Still remember when I saw both Tser Falls and Rolling hills for the 1st time, hadn't seen areas like that in the previous years of playing PW in Nwn 1. ;)

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 12:58:24 AM »
Tser Falls is one of those places I never get tired of looking at.  I still stop on the bridge to take it all in. 
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 01:07:18 AM »
 :arrow: My favorite areas were Tser Falls for its beauty, even when it almost choked my machine.

:arrow: The Wagner Mine for all the objects that make you feel like you're really stumbling there, the winding and narrow corridors plus the nasty lights out and the sudden light ups.

:arrow: The old Andral monastary (I forgot the name) also took my breath away. It's one of those beautiful areas that doesn't need monsters. It's still creepy without them.

:arrow: The whole Barovia Village area. Again, I just wish there was more expansion towards that direction. But the village and the Blood of the Vine inn are very lovely. The best inn on the server in my opinion is the Vine.

:arrow: Demonologists is also very nice, but since I'm always running before the spells wear off and busy trying not to die, I really don't get the chance to look at it in detail. Only time I did was when Danielle died and I had her roam that area as a ghost.

:arrow: Oh! Almost forgot! Another very good ambience area beside the Andral monastary is the Old Fishing Station.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 01:25:04 AM »
yeah love the old fishing lodge area well done and from what i can tell SO under used though occasionally i have gotten to use it with florence recently  :twisted:

i also agree tser falls is a LOVELY area to look at

Gilos monastary and deganway are also another pair i love

ranger camp off the docks of valiki by the lake is nicely done too

failed.bard

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 11:00:10 AM »
  I didn't notice any mentions for the orphanage, which is my favourite area in the setting, followed by demonologists.

jimkaf

• Always wanted to be the One, True,
  • Dark Lord
  • U RP WRONG
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »
The Tser falls is certainly a great area.

The Vistani camp just outside the village of Barovia and the Fishing Lodge are awesome as well, and I've got fond memories of a DM event in both those locations.

I also love that old monastery up the Balinoks and the Lodge there.
Active PC: Skender Vacarescu [NWN Portrait Download]

Corvus

• DM & DEV
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »
Since there is a props-thread for players and props-thread for DMs I wanted to mention some great sights on the server - props for the developers!

Actually, of all the things i've made the Demo-temple is the one im least proud of, I thought it went a bit over the top and epic, something that wasnt really planned from the start. But I guess its a good high-level area.  :P
“It is better to die for Corvus, than live for yourself!".

Playing: Lothar Breitenfeldt, Rhavin, Vincent Lycastus, Erwin Reuenthal

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »

Actually, of all the things i've made the Demo-temple is the one im least proud of, I thought it went a bit over the top and epic, something that wasnt really planned from the start. But I guess its a good high-level area.  :P

It really has an awesome disturbing atmosphere!

Nightmare

• Squatbold
  • Dark Lord
  • Reality Unhinged
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
The one, the only, our little Zarathustran man, Soren! For -all- the time and hard work he puts into the scripting and development of this server to make it such a great place!

Bluebomber, for being a font of knowledge that would make the creators of Ravenloft's jaws drop!

And EO too I guess!
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure - blame EO...

:lol:

Props to Soren, Blue, EO... and hell, I've not been on lately but what I can see the DM team are back with a vengence. Props to the DM team too.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 03:59:47 AM »
Oh, this definitely need sticky-fying!

Canarydice

• New to the Mists
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 08:53:18 AM »
I forget what the place is called but the evil lab on Lake Zarovich, with the blood and the broken cell doors,
defiantly one of the creepiest areas I've ever had the chance to walk through, the sort of place you really don't want to be searching at night.
Absolutely awesome area.

Also the forest areas up in Barovia, (near the Dryad) reaaaallly nice.  :thumbup:

Helaman

• Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 01:12:42 PM »
That lab is the bees knees... I honestly though I was gonna die all the way through it

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

failed.bard

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 06:18:58 PM »
That lab is the bees knees... I honestly though I was gonna die all the way through it
  Dribo told Florerence essentially the same thing IC earlier today.

I was in the were cave a couple days ago with Arvenian (I think that's the spelling), went around to the right, foud 2 wolves only before the first room.  It's empty.  I start thinking it must have just been hit and it's right at minimum spawn.  We keep going arounf, see a half dozen wolves and two worgs, think, all right, two weres and wolves.  Nope, all weres.  If Dribo hadn't been stone-skinned she would have died from a fight that wouldn't have been bad fully buffed.
  My guess is that the were cave now has some random spawning points, and if that's the case, congratulations to whoever set it up, because it really caught me off guard, and will keep people guessing as to how dangerous it is in there at times.

Serevain

• Undead Master
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 06:57:23 PM »
.... The new Morninglord spawns... :O :D:D

Virgil, Shattered Husk
Sir Tristan Crowley, Bastard Knight of the Charitable One
Operon Amentlus, Dwarf Magus
Ignatie Carmitru, Vallaki Garda

Helaman

• Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 02:22:12 AM »
Yeah - I'll back that... soloing the place is not an option for 3-5th level pcs at the first level and the 2nd option DEFINETELY needs a party to attempt

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 08:24:16 AM »
To whomever;

The concept of little spiderlings bursting forth from a cocoon? thank you!  As Lawfuljoe can attest, I always wished I could do such, but lacked the skill. It is a right goodly feeling to wander and see so many things came that came to mind, yet lacked the skills to implement.  whomever you are, thankee!

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

superman300038

• Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 04:01:23 AM »
Just saying;  Dev team, you do awesome work.  Thanks for the effort, its helped make this server great!  This is one of two games I actually like exploring just to look around ;)

archonzero

• Dark Lord
    • ArchonZero's Gallery Art
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 11:43:36 PM »
  I've jumped around from many servers.  The first and most notable being City of Arabel, since it was my first NWN server to jump into.  Prisoners of the Mist takes the cake, both in setting and player based community.  There are always ongoing things being addressed and the prompt oversight into them by the Devs is really good.  Keep doing the selfless excellence you have been doing so, your community does appreciate it, despite the rantings or debates that surface.  Otherwise, they wouldn't be here still now would they!  ;)

Mad props.   :mrgreen:

Helaman

• Dark Power
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 03:40:44 AM »
Love the dedication and the work of Devs, designers,DMs and players all.

archonzero

• Dark Lord
    • ArchonZero's Gallery Art
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 01:27:45 AM »
  I'd just like to say great job on reworking the character creation zone and startup package.  Really lets a character take some time to setup their appearance with equipment, or tailoring their appearance more with the dye selections and increased coin purse.  Very nice to see that a fresh player can start out with the few essential necessities they may require.  Most notably proper equipment, for those tailoring more for image the dye costs really help to lend that feel they're not coming out of a playdoh fun factory of cosmetic/tailoring.  ^^

CHeers!