Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist

Within the swirling Mist (IC) => Whispers in the Shadows => Local Gossip => Topic started by: The Prophet of Lies on August 08, 2011, 12:20:52 PM

Title: Har'Akir
Post by: The Prophet of Lies on August 08, 2011, 12:20:52 PM
[ Seldom acknowledged whispers tell of a macabre auction entitled, "Memorabilia of the Dark Corners" in which a disturbing menagerie of profane curiosities were disseminated amongst select enthusiasts of the dying wastes. A notable item, "sylvan death throes in linear temporal progression," was thought to have been acquired by one of the numerous thrall-lords of the settlement and now holds a distinguished place amongst the other valuables of his collection. ]
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: docmartinst on December 08, 2012, 10:18:12 AM
Rumours have begun to circulate that an ancient guardian of the desert has awoken. Scrawled upon stone pillars are words written in the ancient Akiri tongue "The Black Sands Call."
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Dread on February 09, 2013, 11:11:38 PM
Neatly chiseled into the stone surface of various ruined structures sticking out from the endless dunes are hieroglyphics that were not present before.

(http://www.anubis.org/files/Apep_Hieroglyphics_Copyright___2008_Anubis.jpg)


Those knowledgeable about Akiri lore would know...
The hieroglyphs translate into the ineffable name of Apep, the primordial Akiri god of fire, darkness, and chaos. A god of pure evil, it seems whoever chiseled them must have been a follower, or someone warning of what looms on the horizon... perhaps both.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: UilliamNebel on May 07, 2013, 09:35:31 AM
The "Barovians" commited a slaughter in the village of Muhar in Har'Akir, or so it is whispered that many Har'Akirians were put to the sword in the town at night recently. Stories of 'rat folk' attacking the slave guards on the village streets after night fell, then black armored men arriving in Har'Akir, who spread shadows and death as they slayed many at the house of rest and on the streets with impunity. Some say these men in black armor are from Barovia, and the same whom recently captured a man at the Vistani's Mist Camp, as they stood by and watched.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Juice on July 23, 2013, 02:40:47 AM
An armored Knight has been seen more and more walking around the village of Muhar, The water carriers in the oasis next to the village notice the wandering knight camping out during the day and venturing into the desert at night reducing the amount of undead walking around.

Its said that if you ever need any help he will be at the oasis during the day.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Little Lotte on June 03, 2014, 02:03:01 AM
Recently the half blood Akiri Vistana priestess of Ra has returned to the Amber Wastes and could be seen in the village of Muhar using her doctoring skills on the local slaves, seeing that their wounds are cleaned and bandaged and that they receive enough water while working under the unforgiving sun of Har'akir.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: RyuShandril on July 07, 2014, 08:07:22 PM
Recently the brutally dismembered corpse of an Akiri slave girl was found near the ruined Temple of Harvest. The sigils of Takhisis were found scrawled atop the monument in a combination of the woman's blood and innards. The area was visited by a wandering Inquisitor, who cleaned the monument, buried the woman, and blessed the area. He left a message for the defiler in the form of a letter wrapped around a rock and set where the sigils had once been. "You are known to me now, vile thing. Run."
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: ShadyWraith on July 11, 2014, 01:17:35 PM
A new face has seemingly made her home in the dry heat of Har'Akir.  Tarja, a half Vistani of the Naiat tribe spends her days shopping, eating, drinking, and lounging about town.  When night falls she dons her armor and enters the vastness of the desert to hunt, returning in the morning with a pouch full of coins and slave heads to be exchanged for gold. 
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Syl on July 11, 2014, 01:25:49 PM
Recently a women black armor returns to the amber waste village muhar whispers spread of a dark deed the woman has done in years past as the guards eye the woman cautiously waiting for a reason to get rid of her from the village, The woman normally found reading scroll after scroll on the temples and the gods either in the watering tent or the village inn.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Little Lotte on July 14, 2014, 04:09:42 AM
As the sun rose slowly over the desert village of Mu'har, the young priestess of Ra was seen leading High Priestess Snefru towards some commotion in front of the rest house. There they were met by an Ezrite, a mercenary and two brothers. There was a stand off, and then as the man clad all in black's sentence was announced he disappeared and attempted to run. The rag tag band of adventurers gave chase out into the desert, weapons drawn and just as the sun peaked over the sand dunes the monster known as Slivarses was struck down for a final time.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: NecropolisV on July 14, 2014, 04:45:37 AM
The brother of Slivarses is said to have wept over the body and as they finally carried off his body the brother claimed his blade.. Swearing an oath never to forget, murmurings its new name.. "Remembrance".. The brother ran off into the desert and disappeared into it's whirling sands...
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Syl on July 14, 2014, 11:00:09 AM
Ancient akir hieroglyphics written in blood on the stone obelisks in the amber waste begin to slowly appear over the quiet nights. Those that cannot read them it would just seem like odd drawings. But to those who can they would read.

“THE DARK STORM WILL RETURN”

Below the blood glyphs mangled bodies of dead jackals lay there bleeding out into the sand places in a form of an offering.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: ShadyWraith on July 15, 2014, 12:42:53 AM
[Word spreads through the sands of Har'Akir that the Half Vistani woman Tarja is seeking to speak to Tali, the well known priestess of Ra.  She inquires at the temple, drinking house and house of rest, leaving word to be passed on of her desire for an audience with the woman.]
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Dread on July 15, 2014, 04:23:18 AM
[Rumor spreads of a man with black hair and a small goatee and a Half-Vistani, Half-Akiri woman, one being a so-called priestess of Ra named Tali, having broken into the Temple of Muhar and harmed the High Priestess, Snefru. A minor scuffle with guards outside of the town with various foreigners has caused the Akiri to be even more wary of their ilk in Muhar...]
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Syl on July 17, 2014, 10:17:58 AM
A woman in black armor and heavily armed has been seen asking many of the villagers about and information on the sphinx saying she can be found in the watering house of the inn during the day should someone have information.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Tycat on July 17, 2014, 12:24:04 PM
A young man has been seen to be lingering in Muhar of late, going into the deserts at night, and coming back to the village by day. He keeps to himself, and doesn't speak very much if at all. He may even be mistaken for a local, however, the locals themselves would know better. Thrice now, has he been seen bringing fallen adventurers and those who meet peril in the sands to recovery, asking for nothing in return for his efforts. He is often spotted during the day basking in the hot dry winds, and the sunlight.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Little Lotte on July 19, 2014, 03:21:17 PM
Rumors circulate of a certain Priestess of Ra who travels the sands, while the sun is set offering her blessings, from the mundane to restoration and beyond. All she asks in exchange is a few diamonds.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: herkles on July 20, 2014, 02:59:27 PM
Hentempet, a local priestess of Osiris, was seen going around the village of Muhar warning people about the foreigner, Tarlin, who she claims is a grave-robber.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: herkles on August 09, 2014, 10:30:41 PM
The festival of Wep Ronpet has come and gone, and with that the numerous visitors that came to the village have left. Talk goes about how Hentempet Lead the offerings and prayers to the gods within the Temple during the early morning of the day.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: emptyanima on February 18, 2016, 11:20:01 AM
A priestess of the goddess Isis often wanders about Muhar at night, in order to find travelers who are lost or wounded. She led one large figure to the temple, having tended to his wounds, to grant the blessing of her goddess. Rumour spreads that she accepts offerings of water or diamonds (of any quality) for this service.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: Arawn on July 30, 2016, 12:09:08 AM
Rumor says that a man in fine clothing and speaking with a pronounced Mordentshire accent has been bustling around the village of Muhar most afternoons. He seems to be buying camels and hiring locals as guides; rumor says he is looking for an enormous amount of gold, or perhaps a lost city, or even the power of the gods themselves? Who knows? What is certain is that he is hiring adventurers as guards, and that perhaps a share in the profits of the venture itself might be offered... be that coin, or goods, or terrible and unknowable things to come.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: DM Brimstone on September 25, 2018, 04:11:20 AM
Tremors rock the dune-laden landscape of the sands.  The heat emanating in waves from the earth, a disorienting haze of oppression gives way to clouds of silt and sand; Billowing and whirling maelstroms of sand-blasted funnels rise into the sky.  The denizens of Muhar huddle within their homes and in the sanctuaries of the temples, convinced that the tumultuous malaise of their soil signifies inauspicious omens. Even under the cruelty of the unrelenting sun, splotches of darkness creep over the lands like opaque blankets.  The shadowy depths writhe and sinuously slither over the dunes in the far distance, either a mirage of a heat-addled mind or the epoch of an insidious omen.

 The catalyst of the calamity is unknown, lending itself to hushed speculation and orisons for mercy within hallowed places of worship.
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: DM Brimstone on July 19, 2019, 03:29:28 AM
[Notices and proclamations are scattered through the Village of Muhar]

Quote
Be it known that thieves, debtors, and swindlers have breached contract and ma'at!

Two foreigners and their "network" have stolen from House Thutmose and denied to pay for terms of mutual agreement. They spit upon the generosity bestowed by House Thutmose!

The man, who speaks with a thick foreign accent, ties back his long black hair. Black hair grows upon his chin and he wears a talisman of an ornate woven-knot.  The escaped debtor, who fled with uncanny speed of foot, donned a crimson-dyed, cross-hatched lined dress upon his legs.

The woman, ill-mannered and of sharp tongue, also tied back her long hair which was the color of onyx. Her foreign accent was pronounced, fond of speaking a phrase most unfamiliar of "mother bitchers" and wearing crimson trousers, black footwear, and a crimson and black shirt. A scar mars the left side of her face like a fissure in scorched earth. 

Capture of these foreigners will be lavishly rewarded by the revered Thutmose himself.  Relics, trinkets, jewels, and slaves, the epitome of opulence, will be showered upon the one who brings these two to justice.

The thieves shall pay their debts with the burden of their backs and sweat of their labor as is due.

-House Thutmose
Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: DM Brimstone on October 20, 2019, 04:25:08 AM
[Notices and proclamations are scattered through the Village of Muhar and word suffused into distant lands]

Quote
Ma'at served and contracts pushed to be rectified, justice prevails as one of the swindlers has been apprehended!

The foreigner once known as Conner has pledged his allegiance and sworn to serve the illustrious House Thutmose! A back suitable for labor, trained and cultivated for a life of service, the honorable house will provide a rare opportunity for the wealthy and affluent to purchase this fine specimen.  With the coming dawn upon Muhar, Thutmose himself will begin an auction to allow the opulent to acquire this slave for their own purposes.

This man is gifted and has been instructed in entertainment, cleanliness, obedience and a willingness to mete out punishment to other servants.  A rare and cherished find offered by House Thutmose!

All who wish to bid are required to be present and carry upon them the lavish riches which are necessary for this unearthed and honed treasure.

The capture of his associate which continues to be a fugitive from justice, suspected to be named either "Karis" or "Morrigan," will still be lavishly rewarded by the revered Thutmose himself.  Relics, trinkets, jewels, and slaves, the epitome of opulence, will be showered upon the one who brings this one to justice.

As written and now made truth, thieves shall pay their debts with the burden of their backs and sweat of their labor as is due.

-House Thutmose

Spoiler: OOC Countdown • show
Countdown (https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=70&iso=20191020T23&year=2019&month=10&day=20&hour=23&min=0&sec=0&msg=Slave%20auction%20-%20Conner%20Cunningham)

Title: Re: Har'Akir - General
Post by: DM Brimstone on December 10, 2019, 11:44:19 PM
[Word suffuses through the Village of Muhar and into distant lands that House Thutmose seeks another audience with the enigmatic bounty hunter whom recently delivered the contract of the vile fugitive, Conner. The rumors include speculation of the payment which supposedly has come to fruition as the revered and generous Thutmose honors all of his deals.]
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on December 21, 2020, 09:12:18 PM
The sound of woodworking can be heard throughout Muhar. Several people come and go from the Temple and a nearby tent. They spoke in Akiri but wore dark clothing. Rumors spread of a new Order of the arcane.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on December 24, 2020, 10:36:39 AM
 People come and go through Muhar as new faces appear of all races.  Lights are seen in the desert at night and whispered tales of a new Order rising.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: DaniKay on December 27, 2020, 03:28:11 PM
A bald-headed woman with dark tattoos upon her face and a cheerful demeanor has been rather persistent in speaking to any that will talk about Akiri history for the past few days.

She wears the same uniform seen upon some others in Muhar.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: not a pyramid scheme on December 29, 2020, 10:55:35 AM
Rumor has it that a traveling merchant wearing a painted fox mask has begun setting up shop in Har'Akir. This merchant is thought to have done so with the blessing of the Order of the Magi.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: not a pyramid scheme on December 31, 2020, 08:55:06 PM
The bazaar in Muhar seems to be steadily growing more vibrant by the day. The presence of a new group of outlander merchants has seen an expansion of the marketplace, including several new stalls, seating areas, and other amenities the bazaar didn't have before.

This strange group has been seen quietly crowding around campfires in the dead of night, with late evenings and afternoons sometimes filled with the sound of music played with a Pharizian oud, by someone who clearly has talent with the instrument--a woman wearing a painted fox mask with rokuma bells attached to it.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on January 01, 2021, 05:44:22 PM
The locals are abuzz with the hive of activity recently in Har’Akir as the Order gains new students and brings with it new opportunities. There is talk that the festivals of old might right return and this has raised the spirits of those of Muhar.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: LancerFreya on January 13, 2021, 06:22:54 PM
The Assistant Curator of the Musee du Port-a-Lucine has been seen around the outskirts of Muhar speaking with members of the Order of the Magi. They Poke around the ruins near the Vistani discussing tents
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on January 15, 2021, 06:51:33 AM
There is a light increase in activities in the village of muhar as more guards approach foreigners and with poor common encourage visitors to pay respect to ”ma-at” and not disturb the resting grounds of the dead in the desert...
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: DaniKay on January 18, 2021, 12:32:59 PM
There is an increased activity seen among the Order of Magi lately as they flit about Muhar making preparations for an upcoming festival.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on February 17, 2021, 03:15:07 AM

Sounds of work is disturbind the otherwise still Muhar evenings. Logs and wood work has been transported from afar, dragged across the dunes to be errected as barricades to shield the desert village from the horrors of the night.

One household guard, of military statuee, is especially eager to see the work finished each evening to fend of the darkness beyond.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on February 19, 2021, 12:41:00 PM
At the drinking house of Muhar a lone figure has been seen more and more frequently. His posture and general appearance is telling of a fairly wealthy person, from the upper class of the Har Akiri society, yet, after a drink or two,  sadness and bewilderment starts to dominate the usual clear and proud features.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Brett on February 20, 2021, 01:01:40 AM
A hooded stranger patrols the sands alone, he discovered his new guard friend lying in the sands, and now it seems another has fallen to the deserts danger. The stranger dresses as a native and -oh- so slowly shuffles across the sands herding corpses back to the temple in Muhar.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on March 09, 2021, 01:25:16 PM
One dark evening outside the temple in Muhar a lone figure is seen standing, staring at the entrance from a distance. Clasping something in his hand, blood sippres through the fingers as the grip is to hard for too long.
As time passes the figure moves little until the first light hits the roof tops.

Then it slowly turns around, opening its hand letting the small round item, with a silvery chain attached to it, fall to the ground.

When the figure leaves his post - a brisk desert gust heaves itself over the dune, trickles of sand starting to cover the dropped item under sands of time.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on March 18, 2021, 06:11:39 PM

A small commotion takes place as a rather large caravan lead by a grim looking caravan master, enters Muhar, passing through the sandy streets ignoring to stop and unload at the bazaar. Clearly the market of the common man is not the goal for these goods.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on March 25, 2021, 07:21:17 AM
Whispered rumours fly around Muhar in the aftermath of the recent commotion. Scorched remains, all that is left of a tent that once used by the Order of the Magi, are swept away. A new tent standing it it’s place, but remaining empty. Rumour spreads as outlanders are seen to be helping the Order of the magi build defences. Tensions seem high.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: DaniKay on March 30, 2021, 05:29:30 AM
One of the members of the Order of Magi is seen wandering the sands and outskirts of Muhar constantly, always alone and always wearing an ivory mask. She seems to be protecting the town and brings fire to the undead and beasts that get too close to it.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: mccarthy00 on March 31, 2021, 10:21:35 AM
A member of the Order of Magi is seen running around Muhar gathering supply's for something unknown, regardless of what it is he seems rather upbeat about it.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: DaniKay on April 12, 2021, 10:26:10 AM
Again the Order of Magi is seen moving among the sands. One of their number is rumored to have been performing suspicious magics on the outside of Muhar- inscribing runes and chanting in strange tongues before summoning forth a creature made from fire and ash. The beast never approached the town but instead seemed to patrol around it, driving back hostile things until it expired.

(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/782772047352561694/831172849242734676/20210412083059_1.jpg)
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Ken14 on April 12, 2021, 10:43:36 AM
A giant man in purple plate armor has been seen having at least two meetings with the Archmagus of the Order. The reasons why are unknown at this point.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on April 14, 2021, 02:16:42 AM
...
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on April 22, 2021, 09:00:32 AM
Local guards and members of the Order of Magi are seen building fortifications. Visitors are stopped and questioned. Rumours are rife that the Order are cracking down on raiders and tomb looters but these seem to be quickly dismissed as darker whispers of a threat of invasion surface.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Bouquet of Lotuses on May 30, 2021, 05:01:11 PM
A forgotten daughter of Muhar has been resurfacing lately, paying her respects at the local temples and leaving food for the departed outside tombs. The few who would bother to remember her might recall that she once worked as an assistant in funerary rites. Occasionally she catches up with familiar faces in the drinking tents or rest houses.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on June 25, 2021, 05:30:06 AM

Word among the visitors of the Muhar resting places is that there has been sightings of native animal carcasses in the desert. While this sight is not unusual by itself in the unforgiving dunes of Har’Akiri these corpses were mutilated. Someone or something has been carving out the very hearts of the beasts…
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on June 25, 2021, 07:15:23 PM
//remove
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Hathor on July 13, 2021, 02:00:04 PM
A recluse and ex-artist of Port-a-Lucine, Manishie, seems to give up on the city altogether as she arrives in Muhar with a bag packed for an extended stay. A wayward daughter of Muhar, the half-Akiri has a haunted and determined look as she spends her stay lingering around the village visiting ruins and listening to the wind.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on July 22, 2021, 06:44:56 AM
Rumor starts to spread in Muhar of the dissaperance of Shadya, the Archmagus of the Order of Magi. Last seen two nights ago heading into the desert and has not returned since.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on July 22, 2021, 11:37:38 AM
Visitors to Muhar would notice a desert warrior, known as Seb to most outlanders frequenting Har Akiri. Completely impossible to reach, as a stray mad dog he wanders up and down the streets. Sometimes entering the temple or the magi tent as if lost, in search for something.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on July 28, 2021, 07:26:41 PM
 A figure has been seen wandering the sands at night, walking in circles and muttering to itself. Come dawn there is no trace.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on August 03, 2021, 04:25:45 PM
The citizens of Muhar awaken to find the temple doors have been vandalised. Two words written in animal blood. One on each door. Those quick enough to glance it before the slaves started to wash it away would have glimpsed "Hbny" and "Murderer".  The context unknown.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on August 29, 2021, 06:04:25 PM
Strange lights have been appearing in the desert sands at night. Flashes of magic. Statues at various ruins appear to have been recently destroyed or damaged.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on September 13, 2021, 01:10:01 PM
[A severed slave head with a note are found displayed outside the temple of Muhar]

Spoiler: show
Quote
A debt is owed

The sands see all.
They know all.
Know that we see your crime.
Know that we have passed judgement.
Know that the traitor will burn.

Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on September 15, 2021, 11:04:00 AM
On this morning the people of Muhar find their beloved temple drenched in rotting pieces of cloth. Tossed on the roof and down in front of the entrances.  Resembling those of the feared mummies that haunt the many tombs of the desert. The sacrilege is quickly cleaned away albeit the scent of the decayed ones might linger further under the burning eye of Ra…
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Vastgoten on September 19, 2021, 06:04:46 AM
A native, soldier looking type, is seen walking in and out of the old tent across the street of the temple in Muhar. Sounds of lifting and pushing furniture is heard from inside as it seems the tent is put back in order by the determined looking man.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Midgetalien on November 03, 2021, 05:47:34 PM
Rumors spread of lights and sounds in the Deserts these past few days. Word spreads, underhand, of the Queen of the Sands. Outlanders seen marching into the desert return shaken.
Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Phantomswake on November 03, 2021, 05:53:04 PM
(https://i.imgur.com/Bks5Ncs.png)

Quote
They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart. The spoilers are come upon all high places through the wilderness: for the sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh shall have peace.

Three souls enter the desert by night, a bonfire burns in old places, and when the sands and wind stir.... ancient things wake.

Title: Re: Har'Akir
Post by: Neuwwwo on November 05, 2021, 11:08:25 PM
Under the cover of night, upon the remote vastness of the desert, a femenine voice shrieks in pain.
All that is left of this mysterious and tortuous moment are necrotic strips of human flesh; likely soon to be minced and swallowed by the slashing, scorching sands.