You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Item Request Discussion Thread  (Read 209035 times)

Geiger

Re: Item Request Discussion Thread
« Reply #825 on: January 10, 2013, 08:15:02 AM »
What do you think of the rings? I'm thinking of going through and doing one for many religions and their sects and orders, clerics and other such classes.

After that I think I'm going to make some religious themed items, weapons, whatever.

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #826 on: January 10, 2013, 09:13:52 AM »
I like them, out of the ordinary and items with a backstory always tickle me.

Ovidiu_Lacusta

« Reply #827 on: January 10, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »
 :allears:

Beautiful! Great writeups.

Elfric

• Dark Power
« Reply #828 on: January 13, 2013, 05:15:36 PM »
Because there's so. freak. many. cleric/wiz/bard/sorc items. Rangers and Druids need lov'in.

Name: Hunta's Guardian

Appearance:  iit_neck_074

Description: The Druids and Rangers that tie civilization and the wilds of Verbrek use these amulets to channel the wilds strength in order to better protect humanity. It appears to be made up of  animal bones and stone runes, then enchanted with spiritual energy from nature itself.

Properties: Bonus spell slot Druid/ranger level 3, +2 Animal Empathy

Price: 3961

"You left the campfire back in the field. The entire grass field is on fire. Smokey the Bear is on the edge of the field, on his knees, sobbing into his hands."

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
« Reply #829 on: January 13, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »
Got a few questions.

When I first started with my character I tried to use a double bladed scimitar. Once I figured out some of my two weapon fighting feats didn't work with it and learn some other feats were not there or wouldn't work like weapon focus, I had to switch out weapons. Is it possible to script something given the engine that will make such CEP weapons work with feats, like tying up double bladed scimitar to double bladed swords or sais to daggers? If so, can it be possible to put them in the crafting system?

Is there any future works in adding quarterstaffs, clubs, cloaks, slings, and the other odds and ends to the crafting system?

Is there any future works on being able to craft with gold or platinum?

Last question
Will it be acceptable to propose items, gear, weapons here that would reflect Eberron cultures? Maybe distort some of it?

Bluebomber4evr

• Head DM, Developer and Ravenloft Trivia Guru/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
    • http://www.nwnravenloft.com
« Reply #830 on: January 13, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
Got a few questions.

When I first started with my character I tried to use a double bladed scimitar. Once I figured out some of my two weapon fighting feats didn't work with it and learn some other feats were not there or wouldn't work like weapon focus, I had to switch out weapons. Is it possible to script something given the engine that will make such CEP weapons work with feats, like tying up double bladed scimitar to double bladed swords or sais to daggers? If so, can it be possible to put them in the crafting system?
No, weapon feats are hard-coded and cannot be changed. There's no way to do what you're asking here, unfortunately.

Is there any future works in adding quarterstaffs, clubs, cloaks, slings, and the other odds and ends to the crafting system?

Is there any future works on being able to craft with gold or platinum?
Eventually, yes.

Last question
Will it be acceptable to propose items, gear, weapons here that would reflect Eberron cultures? Maybe distort some of it?
It's possible, but such items should be rare and you should make it clear that the item comes from another world. Whenever I make items like that, the item's description begins with "This item originates beyond the Mists, from the Outlander world of (other D&D world)"

What might be better is to come up with a backstory of the outlander item that describes what happened to it after it came to Ravenloft.

Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #831 on: January 27, 2013, 01:55:47 AM »
((Don't we have a topic for small questions?))

I was wondering if we already have a tool for woodcutting other than a handaxe. It feels silly to chop down a tree with a handaxe or dual weilding a pair even. Feels like the character goes Edward scissorhands on trees. Same applies to mining, but with a heavy miners pick it feels more proper. Been carrying a great axe to chop trees but its too damn heavy. Can we get a battleaxe sized woodcutter's axe, so dual weilding it with a handaxe doesnt feel that silly? Or a greataxe sized one that could weight a bit less, its not a weapon anyway.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #832 on: January 27, 2013, 02:03:17 AM »
You naughty DMs, I saw what you did there! Your secret is safe with me.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #833 on: February 23, 2013, 12:47:55 AM »
Ring of Competence

Description: Forged by a Barovian Bard many years ago, these rings were designed to assist the wearer in using magical items they have little idea of how to use.  Thus, they have become a useful commodity to those who happen to stumble upon them. 

Effects: +5 UMD

There's already an object that gives you +5 UMD (Palanytr of something or the other). To stack this with two rings would give you +15 UMD... that would be heinous.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #834 on: February 23, 2013, 01:17:29 AM »
Ring of Competence

Description: Forged by a Barovian Bard many years ago, these rings were designed to assist the wearer in using magical items they have little idea of how to use.  Thus, they have become a useful commodity to those who happen to stumble upon them. 

There's already an object that gives you +5 UMD (Palanytr of something or the other). To stack this with two rings would give you +15 UMD... that would be heinous.

+2?

-narwhal-

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #835 on: February 23, 2013, 01:55:27 AM »
+1/5dr ring could happen ?
or maybe 5slashing/piercing/bludgenoning ?

maybe ten single dmg reduction belts ? with huge disadvantage ? (like 50-100% vulnerability to another ?)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 08:10:05 AM by -narwhal- »

eyeofpestilence

• Dark Power
« Reply #836 on: February 23, 2013, 11:02:29 AM »
Ring of Competence

+2?
Yah. +2 is better. More balanced.

Thanks DW!

YouLitABonfire

« Reply #837 on: March 11, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »
could we perhaps get some genius to add in an item that allows us to sort of 'Place' a log to sit on by our campfires? We got some pretty hardcore Camping rp going on of late and i'd really LURV it if we could maybe get a few little things like cookpots and logs and such added in so we can set up more awesome scenes!

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #838 on: March 11, 2013, 04:29:49 PM »
could we perhaps get some genius to add in an item that allows us to sort of 'Place' a log to sit on by our campfires? We got some pretty hardcore Camping rp going on of late and i'd really LURV it if we could maybe get a few little things like cookpots and logs and such added in so we can set up more awesome scenes!
Wrong thread for this.

This thread is solely for discussing suggestions for loot table additions from the other thread found here: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=5772.0

Your request is better suited to the "Systems Wishlist" thread: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=15065.0

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #839 on: March 11, 2013, 07:31:50 PM »
Enchanted Quiver

This leather satchel appears to have handful of mundane arrows. When used by one able to properly load such arrows, the user discovers it produces another arrow.

Effect:
 a 1 pound quiver, takes up medium inventory spot (4 small squares), with a once per day use on it. When used, it produces one
full quiver of mundane arrows. Once placed in the arrow slot, any time the (99) arrows uses one, it replaces it.

Intended use-
If the stack dosent run out, weapon buffs placed upon quiver will not fade until the timer on the spells does, not needing to rebuff with every quiver. Iv found 99 arrows to run out quite quickly.

Price:
Iv no idea, seems like it need be a scripted item, if its even feasible on this server (had them where I came from but haks might been used)
Since the NWN engine just stores your arrows in an inventory slot there's no real way to do this aside from putting the "unlimited ammo" item property on a ranged weapon, and that is very expensive and kind of unbalanced -- there's no amount of negative properties that will bring an item with that property down to an acceptable gp value.

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Unlimited_ammunition

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #840 on: March 13, 2013, 06:08:34 PM »
Silver Dust

Description: Many times have werewolf hunters fallen victim of their prey, long before even picking up their trails, simply because the silver weapons they carried have easily given away their true intentions. A few, more carefull and watchfull of hunters however, managed to discover a new method, with which they were able to temporary grant their weapons the deadly power of a silver blade. The silver dust is actually nothing more than a small bag of crushed silver in a fluid that holds the silver pieces on the blade long enough for the fight at hand.

Effect:

+2 attack vs shapeshifters

This could make a nice alchemy recipe as well, Silver Varnish anyone?

Sage - When stories come to life

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #841 on: March 13, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »
Silver Dust

Description: Many times have werewolf hunters fallen victim of their prey, long before even picking up their trails, simply because the silver weapons they carried have easily given away their true intentions. A few, more carefull and watchfull of hunters however, managed to discover a new method, with which they were able to temporary grant their weapons the deadly power of a silver blade. The silver dust is actually nothing more than a small bag of crushed silver in a fluid that holds the silver pieces on the blade long enough for the fight at hand.

Effect:

Sorry forgot to add duration at first. duration would be 2 hours, to not make it too powerfull.
Could be on the loot table someplace around the magic polish or the holy water, since its use would be very restricted.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Bluebomber4evr

• Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #842 on: March 13, 2013, 07:20:45 PM »
Silver Dust

Effect:

Sorry forgot to add duration at first. duration would be 2 hours, to not make it too powerfull.
Could be on the loot table someplace around the magic polish or the holy water, since its use would be very restricted.
There's no way to make loot like this without it being scripted through either cast spell: activate item or cast spell: unique power, and that's beyond the scope of the item request thread.

Ercvadasz

• Dark Power
« Reply #843 on: March 13, 2013, 10:32:48 PM »
Silver Dust

Effect:

There's no way to make loot like this without it being scripted through either cast spell: activate item or cast spell: unique power, and that's beyond the scope of the item request thread.

Sorry it is my bad. I really do not know how the nwn builder, and thus really do not know the differences, but yes, I meant it something like holy water just against shapeshifters.
Currently playing:
Rudrig von Rachenthall - the travelling merchant

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #844 on: March 18, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »
Falkovnian Jackboots

Boots: +1 AC, +1 discipline, +1 intimidate, -1 CHA, -2 tumble / dodge AC

====

I had a few moments to check the forums today while at cafe 2 waiting for an interview to show up and i saw these

have to say i find them odd, the -2 tumble/dodge ac would negate any advantage of the +1 AC and the -1 cha would likely negate most builds on the gaining of +1 intimidate/antagonize

I suggest dropping the -1 cha and dodge ac part replace it with a -1 influence/persuade and -1 reflex then drop the -2 tumble to -1

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #845 on: March 18, 2013, 12:35:31 PM »
Dimentlieu Curassier's Armor

Brest plate: +1AC +3vs piercing/ armor AC

I like it, though I might add +1 influence or something like that to repersent the fact that this is a calvery armor; and thus considered special and good to own.

Falkovnian Jackboots

the tumble takes away the ac. I suggest then -5 MS.

Lawgiver's razor of forgiveness (i.e. The Hazlani Executioner Sword)

Falchion: Keen. 1d6 massive criticals. Cast Doom 1 charge per use. +100% weight

I would have it be doom once per day, but that may be more too powerful. Some + intimidate should be added though to reperesent its scary factor. Side note: lawgiver's faith is worshiped in more lands then Hazlan; hazlan is not even the center for the faith!

Vallaki Watch Commander's Horn

Horn: Cast Awaken/ 1 charge

Problem is that awaken needs for the commander to have an animal companion to begin with and not many druids or rangers are part of the garda :P maybe something else.

Hara'kir Still Suit

Leather armor: +1 save vs fire. Damage resistance +5% fire. cast once per day: bottle of water.(if its even possible). CHA -1, Hide +1, Move Silently -1, Summon giant sandworm 1 charge per day.

Not sure what a still Suit is. but any item to help survive the deserts easier should exist among the Akir.

Blaustein Privateer Captain's Hat of Swagger

Hat: +1 influence, +1 intimidate, +1 appraise, -1 discipline, -1 will save vs rum.

don't think there is a -1 will save vs rum. but -1 or -2 will in general seems fine to me

Paragonville

• Demiplane Escapee
  • Dark Power
  • actly ezlin
« Reply #846 on: March 18, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »

Hara'kir Still Suit

Leather armor: +1 save vs fire. Damage resistance +5% fire. cast once per day: bottle of water.(if its even possible). CHA -1, Hide +1, Move Silently -1, Summon giant sandworm 1 charge per day.

Sorry, but the sand worm is overkill, if it's even possible.  Remove that, and the item is fine.

If you -must- have a summon on it, give it a jackal or something.  And not make it once a day.

andrew_novak

• Outlander
« Reply #847 on: March 18, 2013, 10:50:17 PM »

Hara'kir Still Suit

Not sure what a still Suit is. but any item to help survive the deserts easier should exist among the Akir.

herkles,

It is from one of the best selling Sci Fi books of all time Dune by Frank Herbert.  Go read it.

respawnaholic

• Dark Lord
« Reply #848 on: March 19, 2013, 12:14:44 AM »

I like it, though I might add +1 influence or something like that to repersent the fact that this is a calvery armor; and thus considered special and good to own.

Falkovnian Jackboots

I would have it be doom once per day, but that may be more too powerful. Some + intimidate should be added though to reperesent its scary factor. Side note: lawgiver's faith is worshiped in more lands then Hazlan; hazlan is not even the center for the faith!

Problem is that awaken needs for the commander to have an animal companion to begin with and not many druids or rangers are part of the garda :P maybe something else.

Hara'kir Still Suit

Hat: +1 influence, +1 intimidate, +1 appraise, -1 discipline, -1 will save vs rum.

don't think there is a -1 will save vs rum. but -1 or -2 will in general seems fine to me

Some of the effects listed are actually a joke. the sandworm is one since anyone familiar with Dune would know a sandworm can swallow about a dozen terrasque whole. the -1 will save .vs. rum is another.
THIS is a sandworm (and yes. that's Patrick Stewart in the back seat) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G5jMgx8GVU

for the jackboots the -2 to tumble would only take away from AC if the player had actually spent points in tumble. not EVERY player dips into thief/ bard levels. just most of them. arguably the -2 tumble affect would penalize dual classed fighters more than pure ones which was kind of its intent. A jackboot is a symbol of oppression in some cultures with heavy teutonic overtones. the -1 to charisma was just a way of trying to signify the stigma people would aquire by wearing them.

The Lawgiver sword I assiociated with Hazlan simply because I am not as well versed on the Ravenloft mythos as others probably would be. For me my first introduction to the Lawgiver was thru players who were of or from Hazlan. If it makes sence to place it elsewhere then by all means. I used a falchion simply because PCs cant benefit from focus/ specialization/ or improved crits with it and a falchion seems like a weapon that would be used in the culture that Hazlan is derivitative of.

For the horn something like PFE 10; radius may be better. Im not real versed on druid spels and didn't realize it was for animal companions. I thought it was a mass party buff spell similar to the 9th level cleric spell Undeath's Eternal Foe.

A still suit is me blatently ripping off the Dune saga: A still suit is basically leather armor that reclaims a persons moisture from sweat, exhalation, urine, etc. for use as a drinkable liquid. but a Still Suit would fit perfectly with Harakir given its extreme heat environment. If anything I've probably toned down its effectiveness from the books, and the reference to summoning sandworms was just me being cute to see if anyone would notice.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:30:54 AM by respawnaholic »

• Dark Power
« Reply #849 on: March 19, 2013, 01:47:06 AM »

Falkovnian Jackboots

Hara'kir Still Suit

Some of the effects listed are actually a joke. the sandworm is one since anyone familiar with Dune would know a sandworm can swallow about a dozen terrasque whole. the -1 will save .vs. rum is another.
THIS is a sandworm (and yes. that's Patrick Stewart in the back seat) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G5jMgx8GVU

for the jackboots the -2 to tumble would only take away from AC if the player had actually spent points in tumble. not EVERY player dips into thief/ bard levels. just most of them. arguably the -2 tumble affect would penalize dual classed fighters more than pure ones which was kind of its intent. A jackboot is a symbol of oppression in some cultures with heavy teutonic overtones. the -1 to charisma was just a way of trying to signify the stigma people would aquire by wearing them.

The Lawgiver sword I assiociated with Hazlan simply because I am not as well versed on the Ravenloft mythos as others probably would be. For me my first introduction to the Lawgiver was thru players who were of or from Hazlan. If it makes sence to place it elsewhere then by all means. I used a falchion simply because PCs cant benefit from focus/ specialization/ or improved crits with it and a falchion seems like a weapon that would be used in the culture that Hazlan is derivitative of.

For the horn something like PFE 10; radius may be better. Im not real versed on druid spels and didn't realize it was for animal companions. I thought it was a mass party buff spell similar to the 9th level cleric spell Undeath's Eternal Foe.

A still suit is me blatently ripping off the Dune saga: A still suit is basically leather armor that reclaims a persons moisture from sweat, exhalation, urine, etc. for use as a drinkable liquid. but a Still Suit would fit perfectly with Harakir given its extreme heat environment. If anything I've probably toned down its effectiveness from the books, and the reference to summoning sandworms was just me being cute to see if anyone would notice.

Just to show my geekieness..As the planetologist Liet Kynes is assisting Duke Leto Atreides I with the fitting of his stillsuit, he explains the suit in this manner:

"It's basically a micro-sandwich — a high-efficiency filter and heat-exchange system. The skin-contact layer's porous. Perspiration passes through it, having cooled the body ... near-normal evaporation process. The next two layers . . . include heat exchange filaments and salt precipitators. Salt's reclaimed. Motions of the body, especially breathing and some osmotic action provide the pumping force. Reclaimed water circulates to catchpockets from which you draw it through this tube in the clip at your neck... Urine and feces are processed in the thigh pads. In the open desert, you wear this filter across your face, this tube in the nostrils with these plugs to ensure a tight fit. Breathe in through the mouth filter, out through the nose tube. With a Fremen suit in good working order, you won't lose more than a thimbleful of moisture a day..."

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!â€Â