Author Topic: Vallaki - Market District - Broken Bell Inn  (Read 45706 times)

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Vallaki - Market District - Broken Bell Inn
« on: December 29, 2006, 03:32:43 PM »
It is whispered that due to recent events the clientele at the Broken Bell inn has seen a sudden small flock of uncasual high profile customers, it is said that rich entrepreneur Armand LeBarthe, with an odd accented man from Lamordia and other figures have been frequenting the establishment and the market district; surveying the operations, shaking hands with peasants.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 04:32:29 PM by Eraldur »

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Vallaki - Market District - Broken Bell Inn
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 03:45:18 PM »
Whispers mention a certain flop Armand LeBarthe increasing his visits to the Broken Bell, some speak of lenghty discussions with the innkeeper, mentions of moral support of those renovating the inn on site; others mention him walking around the Market district, explaining and promoting to the illiterate his late Vallaki Talent search...

jimkaf

• Always wanted to be the One, True,
  • Dark Lord
  • U RP WRONG
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 01:46:14 PM »
Whispers mention of an outlander bard lass, frequently sitting at a dark corner of the inn and many times playing outlander music for the customers. Most of the times she's in company of a certain young guard of Vallaki, and sometimes with another one. They both seem to be her acquaintances.
Though she seems pretty talented with the violin, most are annoyed by the fact that she only plays outlander music, instead of local tunes.
Active PC: Skender Vacarescu [NWN Portrait Download]

Iconoclast

• Church of the Lawgiver
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 02:26:28 PM »
As the morning mist fades under the rising sun, word spreads of the death of a local man at the Broken Bell Inn.  The stories vary.  But, for the relatives, no matter what the version, they mourn the loss, and fear the worst.  By most accounts, the man was standing, bottle in hand, healthy as a stubborn mule, when all of a sudden he collapsed like a sack of potatoes.  He was pronounced dead on the spot.  While the sudden death of this beloved man, father, brother, husband, and provider for his family, left all dumbfounded and worried of plague or poison, what transpired next is cause for even greater alarm.  The dead man rose by some will that was not his own, neither truly alive, nor truly dead.   

If not for the decisive action of the Barovian guard, some mention Sergeant Ivanovich in particular, more than one family would be in mourning this morning. 

Folks continue to speculate through the day as to the source of such foul witchery.   

Some rumor that an outlander man had been in at the Broken Bell Inn earlier that day, and upon being questioned by the local guards, threatened revenge to come.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »
Words and rumors of a grand play being prepared in the basement of the Broken Bell fills the inn, commoners and outlanders alike sharing their thought on the subject

"..be some damn fey outlander with a hat that prepares it all.. why they be allowed in here anyways?"

"..Oh i heard the tailor Kukri was going to put a show, knowing her its going to be grandiose!"

"..heard talk of witchery from that one.. not good i tell yeh.."

When asked about it, the barkeep Samvel shrugs and says outloud to whomever wants to hear it

"..She caused no troubles in here, talk too damn loud for sure so i let her down there with her crowd, got way quieter that way. Eh gonna be good for business i figure either way."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//oocly i dont know if there is someone else Kukri needs to talk to in order to rent the hall, id like some feed back on this -thanks

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

LadyDragn

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 10:30:05 PM »

ooc: Can contact Karine to rent the hall :)

DarkWyvern

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 11:51:10 PM »
[Smudgy writing is scribbled on the bottom of the scroll that's pinned up by the door. The writing readable, but barely]

Non Humans need not apply! ~Igor

Maryn

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 11:31:25 PM »
The letter sent by carrier to the brokenbell, labeled
"To madison"
Dear Madison...

I find myself farther away then I ever feared this curse would take me.
one under my gaurd has gone missing, I don't know how I belive the mists took him thought...
I've been running for a week now, day and night, I pray this letter gets to you.
I'm nearing the my destination, it shouldn't be horribly long now.

thought I dread this time away from you, what I fear worst is the vistani undoing what they did if I don't do this.

With love
   -Tarth De'Mealthra

Madison sits in her usual spot at the bar with the drunken bard, Finn, when the letter arrives.  She accepts the letter, and pays the messenger, reading it carefully.  "whos it from?" he asks her.  She stares at it, and sighs thoughtfully.  "Uh, whats it say then....?" he now asks with more concern. 
Madison very carefully tucks the letter away.  "Tarth has to go away for a while.  He'll be back."

"ya going to be all right, right?"

She forces a brave smile.  "Of course, he does what he does for both of us.  now, another drink!" she slides some coins towards samvel, and Finn drops the subject at the mention of more booze.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 02:06:22 AM »
A finely written parchment replaces the old one...

---

OOC: leave a note here, leave a letter with Samvel [PM] or contact in game.

engelfire

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 06:16:49 AM »
few farmers tell a tale about gruesome event they witnessed earlier at the farms outside Vallaki. They witnessed a whiterobed man walk into dense mist near the forest edge, despite the warnings they yelled robed figure were engulfed by the mists. Farmers resumed to their work muttering about crazy outlanders when suddenly their work was interrupted by blood chilling scream by male person, possibly the one entering the mist.

Soon after the incident mists cleared and nothing else was found except torn white robes and blood on the ground, one can just wonder what has happened to the man..

OOC : this is not the death of lomion, or suicide note or anything
Vino - Who are you calling fat !?
Hekathn - You make a fine collection of bodyparts nnggghhh...

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 11:03:38 AM »

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:11:34 AM by Eraldur »

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 01:55:34 AM »
For the second time the red headed poet came to marvel the usual of the Broken bell's theater with her stories but this time as an extra, a special play was put in the spot light, a trajic story of love was presented by two fey and a human. The excentric red headed couple and a unknowned human actor stole the stage for a few marvelous hours. Words rumors that their acting felt so real that some thought they had truely died.

If nobles were present, they can wonder if it would be the same TRIO that entertained the boyard and his guests.

//sowwy
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 04:27:01 PM by Nefensis »

Baboon

• Duke of the Wererats
  • Undead Slayer
  • Mundanely Epic
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 02:33:16 PM »
If nobles were present, they can wonder if it would be the same trio that entertained the boyard and his guests.
Father Dallium Merrymead: Halfling Dawnmaster
Jojan d'Tharashk: Caliban Shadowdancer
Hreidmar: Priest of the Old Ways
Zeteny Czernok: Gundarakite Peasant

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 08:23:43 PM »
Dressed in her fancy yet classic outfit, Melanie scoots between the merchants's tables, dodging chickens cages and boxes of veggies. Her blond curls hidden in her hood, she quickly makes her way toward the Bibliotheque, a pile of books held carefully against her chest. Everyday she observes the merchants and their figures, sometimes sitting by the statue of the Lord to sketches the market, the movement of the guards, the different colors of the scene as the light changes torought the day.

engelfire

• Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 08:52:05 AM »
patrons whisper with each other, similar event happened on the southern farms that happened few nights ago in village of barovia. Cattle was brutally mutilated and blood was spilled. on the wall of the farm house is clearly seen bloody hand prints going across the wall.

farmworker heard the death moans of the cow, but couldnt see the culprit becouse it was so dark outside, almost un-naturally dark. is it a seperate case or has something arrived vallaki.
Vino - Who are you calling fat !?
Hekathn - You make a fine collection of bodyparts nnggghhh...

Jaguar

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 05:25:33 AM »
Hushed, panicked whispers and commotion could be heard coming from the second floor at the inn. Gore and undefined icky stuff sprayed over the rug in the hall...

A female, hooded and cloaked, was seen leaving just as panicked as she entered and a boyar guard, clearly recognizable in his uniform, hot on her heels...
Most patrons would recognize the female, despite her hood and cloak, as a minstrel frequently visiting the inn.

Coincidentally, the guard captain of the boyar von Zeklos was also observed entering the inn about the same time as the other two. Whether he had any relation to the occurrences, or not, remains unknown...However, he was not seen leaving the inn with the pair.

It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
-Woody Allen

LadyGoth

• New to the Mists
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
There is a letter left with the front desk of the broken bell for Armande
The seal on the envelop is that of an umbrella.

Dear Armande

The ladies of the Black Umbrella club wish an audience with you in regards to renting out your theatre for and up and coming event. You may reach anyone of us at the Blue water inn. We thank you for your time in this matter

Isabella von Stark

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 09:24:52 AM »
Armand LeBarthe,
Thank you for the generous offer for the theatre but I am afraid the Black Umbrella Club must decline.  I find being forced to have unwanted security so that we lose money on this function the height of absurdity. I will not help the Vardo rob the Count's armies and am shocked you would consider such a thing. It is clear the Vardo no longer respect the Count, I hope you are not in a similar mindset.
Your dear friend
Tatyana Markova

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »
Armand LeBarthe,
Thank you for the generous offer for the theatre but I am afraid the Black Umbrella Club must decline.  I find being forced to have unwanted security so that we lose money on this function the height of absurdity. I will not help the Vardo rob the Count's armies and am shocked you would consider such a thing. It is clear the Vardo no longer respect the Count, I hope you are not in a similar mindset.
Your dear friend
Tatyana Markova

[Armand folds the note carefully, sliding it in his pocket vest]

Mordred

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 03:37:04 PM »
A mysterious Vistana has checked into the Broken Bell Inn, paying for her room in Raven-Claw.  In the early evening hours she can be seen drinking alone.  With her small stature and quiet demeanor, many patrons seem to not notice her.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 01:46:17 AM »
Upon entering the Broken Bell and inside, posters can be seen...

Stage Managers and Writters are also sought!

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 01:56:59 AM »
*Katalyn Schoppen promptly leaves her name with the bartender and goes on her merry way*

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 08:38:47 AM »
A young looking man and woman came in the Blue Water, they could have been mistaken for vistani by their bright clothing and tanned skin but their thick accent and attitude gave out a outlander's feeling. Many turned to watch the pleasant looking dual cross the room to the bar where they rented a room, later the bartender showed around the gold coins they had handed them, stamped with an odd symbol he had never seen before.

Jaguar

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 06:01:25 PM »
Another name is left with the bartender; Esmeralda I. Tathorian.

It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better... while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
-Woody Allen

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 03:02:18 AM »
Waiting her to pop up at the inn, in order to wait together for their friend to help, she read the message and signed with her name. Imojina Nabokov.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676