Author Topic: A Singing and Storytelling Contest  (Read 1490 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
A Singing and Storytelling Contest
« on: August 12, 2018, 06:20:50 PM »
[Bright fliers appear in Barovia, announcing an approaching event to be held at the Broken Bell in Vallaki]

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
Re: A Singing and Storytelling Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 04:09:43 PM »
[The posters are refreshed.]

// Please feel free to PM with any questions or to arrange an IC meeting. Thanks!

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 05:18:38 PM »

// OOC: The contest will be held on October 13th, probably around noon ET (USA), 18:00 European Central Time. Will set up countdown when definite.

// Feel free to PM with questions.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 06:39:59 PM »

// OOC: The contest will be held on October 13th, probably around noon ET (USA), 18:00 European Central Time. Will set up countdown when definite.

// Feel free to PM with questions.

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 11:52:08 PM »
[Additional details are posted outside the Broken Bell for those performers curious and weighing their chances.]

In the fabled land of Kartakass, election of leaders is chosen by storytelling and singing prowess. Now Professor Ernst Cornell brings a sample of this ancient rite to Barovia at your Broken Bell Theatre! Whether competing or observing, be prepared to hear a delight to the ears seldom found in these provincial environs.

For this reenactment the prize will not be an actual crown but a bewitching hat rumored to endow its wearer with additional artistic skill as well as keeping the head exceptionally warm. Indeed, its appearance will cause the opposite sex to swoon at your very feet! (Note: We cannot be held responsible for any physical harm to the wearer from enthralled aficionados unable to restrain their passions!)

The competition will consist of three rounds:

1) A simple performance of a song

2) A competitive contest among those participating in which they introduce themselves, extol their own virtues, and savage their opposition through insult

3) In the third part, each contestant tells a moral tale in song that should reference Barovian lore.

The winner of each stage is decided by audience reaction, so if you are competing, be sure to pack the Bell with your friends and family!

For additional information, contact Dame Chantalyn Vanatar, either at the Blood o' the Vine or the Broken Bell.

Spoiler: show
// OOC countdown Event likely to last three or more hours

Iridni Ren

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 10:02:38 AM »
// Bump....this time tomorrow!

Spoiler: show
[Additional details are posted outside the Broken Bell for those performers curious and weighing their chances.]

In the fabled land of Kartakass, election of leaders is chosen by storytelling and singing prowess. Now Professor Ernst Cornell brings a sample of this ancient rite to Barovia at your Broken Bell Theatre! Whether competing or observing, be prepared to hear a delight to the ears seldom found in these provincial environs.

For this reenactment the prize will not be an actual crown but a bewitching hat rumored to endow its wearer with additional artistic skill as well as keeping the head exceptionally warm. Indeed, its appearance will cause the opposite sex to swoon at your very feet! (Note: We cannot be held responsible for any physical harm to the wearer from enthralled aficionados unable to restrain their passions!)

The competition will consist of three rounds:

1) A simple performance of a song

2) A competitive contest among those participating in which they introduce themselves, extol their own virtues, and savage their opposition through insult

3) In the third part, each contestant tells a moral tale in song that should reference Barovian lore.

The winner of each stage is decided by audience reaction, so if you are competing, be sure to pack the Bell with your friends and family!

For additional information, contact Dame Chantalyn Vanatar, either at the Blood o' the Vine or the Broken Bell.

// Feel free to PM with questions. OOC countdown Event likely to last three or more hours

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:04:37 AM by Iridni Ren »

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »
// in 25 minutes from now.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676