You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Changes to RP XP  (Read 5050 times)

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Changes to RP XP
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 01:23:53 AM »
Can I have a pony, since everybody seems to be focused on what can benefit ourselves individually and not the community and justifying it with "logic?"

I mean, it would greatly improve my roleplay experience.

There's nothing wrong with arguing from self-interest. The community is a sum of its parts after all, so something that benefits a great many individuals in the community will tend to benefit the community as a whole. Rather than breezily snark, you should present some actual counter examples of how any of the logic presented harms the community.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

RickDeckard

• Dark Power
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 03:24:24 AM »
Can I have a pony, since everybody seems to be focused on what can benefit ourselves individually and not the community and justifying it with "logic?"

Well since system is here to stay despite disapproval of it , my suggestion was to work within then system. I think it would benefit the community if RP XP caps weren’t around , but that’ isn’t to be it seems.

Torgrimmerr

• New to the Mists
  • Are you Enemy or Foe?
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 04:26:25 AM »
*Hides in corner*
Characters:
Sir Ringo Lightinghead: Human Paladin
Torgrimmer Hammerhead: Dwarf Cleric

Thor Lightbringer: Human Cleric (Retired)
Thorgrimmer Lightshield: Dwarf Fighter (Retired)

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »
Going that way won't result in anything productive, let us avoid that kind of comment and stay on topic.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
  • LOOT B4 LUV - TIEFLING LYFE
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 10:15:22 AM »

Well since system is here to stay despite disapproval of it , my suggestion was to work within then system. I think it would benefit the community if RP XP caps weren’t around , but that’ isn’t to be it seems.

I agree with you. On both points. But systems the staff put a lot of work into, are overly proud of, or fit their masterpiece version of the server are here to stay regardless of the opinions of the players. That's been my impression, at least.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 11:35:16 AM »

I agree with you. On both points. But systems the staff put a lot of work into, are overly proud of, or fit their masterpiece version of the server are here to stay regardless of the opinions of the players. That's been my impression, at least.

Although the old system was unpopular, it evidenced at least enough subtlety and care of design to justify some measure of pride in its creation. Assigning RP XP based on server area is in contrast more heavily OOC and pretty simplistic/crude. When the Devs didn't announce the new system upon implementation, I inferred that they weren't "overly proud" of it :D

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 03:11:10 PM »
Honestly, I fail to see what the issue is. If you care about XP that much and you're not getting it in a particular area, then move somewhere else. Most people wont run a dungeon where they don't get any XP, so how is this any different? It's been stated several times already that the system isn't going to change, so I don't see why it's still being discussed (if you can call what this thread has devolved into a discussion). The role-play itself should be its own reward and we should be happy we even get any RP XP anywhere at all. I've played on several servers where that wasn't a thing.

Torgrimmerr

• New to the Mists
  • Are you Enemy or Foe?
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2018, 03:29:01 PM »
Going that way won't result in anything productive, let us avoid that kind of comment and stay on topic.

Sorry
Characters:
Sir Ringo Lightinghead: Human Paladin
Torgrimmer Hammerhead: Dwarf Cleric

Thor Lightbringer: Human Cleric (Retired)
Thorgrimmer Lightshield: Dwarf Fighter (Retired)

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 04:20:28 PM »
I think this topic has been exhausted for now, and nothing new is being offered here.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.