You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Malthor immune to spells  (Read 1539 times)

Chabxxu

Malthor immune to spells
« on: July 15, 2018, 04:31:55 PM »
This is the second time this happens to me. At first I thought it was simple something that happens once in a lifetime, but it just happened again. When in the room where Malthor usually is, he is totally immune to spells. You cast spells at him, and they just disapear into thin air, until he makes mash potatoes with you.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Malthor immune to spells
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 08:54:48 PM »
Mmm, strange; Malthor has Spell Resistance; perhaps the feedback message's just not showing up.

Chabxxu

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 09:01:23 PM »
As you can see I started by casting Mordenkainen's Disjunction before doing my offensive spells. The weird this is once you get him out of the throne room, and into the pit of bones, then spells start working on him.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 09:27:32 PM »
As you can see I started by casting Mordenkainen's Disjunction before doing my offensive spells. The weird this is once you get him out of the throne room, and into the pit of bones, then spells start working on him.

Could he be damaged via other means?

Chabxxu

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 10:55:54 PM »
Good question, I'm not sure. I think Philos tried to give him a few hits before we fleed but you'd have to check it out with him. I don't remember seeing Malthor taking any damage though.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 11:32:50 PM »
I didn't think about it at the time, but I don't think I was actually able to do damage to him within the chamber. As soon as we got out I was able to actually fight him though. Apprently he has hips now too?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 10:16:23 PM »
Sounds like a glitch with Time Stop effects not being properly removed but not sure what could have caused it.