Author Topic: Missing Heads at the Miner's Merriment  (Read 807 times)

Skarain

• New to the Mists
Missing Heads at the Miner's Merriment
« on: June 23, 2018, 02:42:33 AM »
If one goes to look around Krofburg - the Tent City - The Miner's Merriment, one can notice that quite many NPC's are in fact missing their head.

The NPC's in question are: Faxxon Rishenka, Dragomir Iliescu and Myghal Storogoba - all which are among the NPC's that (should, at least) stand up with "What's up?" quote to give seat when asked to.

Only Faxxon Rishenka is reluctant to stand up, but might be because he likes tall back chairs rather than those by the counter. That isn't the issue though, but the missing heads looking strange.
-Sarat Khajir

Skarain

• New to the Mists
Re: Missing Heads at the Miner's Merriment
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 04:32:48 AM »
Well that's weird. I logged back into the game and the NPC's were different and these ones had some heads.
-Sarat Khajir

Skarain

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 04:59:57 AM »
One Prospector just outside Miner's Merriment was also missing his head, seated on the table next to it.
-Sarat Khajir

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
As far as my own experience goes, there can be an error or two slipping in when loading an area. Most of the time it is solved by quitting the map, waiting and going back in as it reloads correctly (hopefully).

To give a recent example, there is the rat buyer in Vallaki (still a pretty prominant NPC) who, when I loaded the map he was in, had shoulder pads with a "mirror" texture, which reflected the colors in room compared to the usual texture of them which is tanned grey.

Sometimes I also see NPCs without bodies due to the armor model not loading properly, so I wouldn't be too worried and just call it luck?
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>