Author Topic: Governor's Hotel Keys: Bugged  (Read 720 times)

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Governor's Hotel Keys: Bugged
« on: June 20, 2018, 09:29:44 PM »
This is what my key is telling me, and it definitely doesn't have that much time on it, the front desk says my room is open and I've owned it for less than a week.

UPDATE: Every room in the Governor's Hotel is now available, despite being owned. This includes the Penthouse.

Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 10:08:00 PM by BraveSirRobin »

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Governor's hotel - Double Bookings bug
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:38:12 AM »
We're fairly certain that the Governor's hotel bug is due to needing to renew the keys on the EE server after they were purchased on the original server, but it's hard to tell

The bug is that I was browsing through the available rooms, Penthouse and guest suites, and found that the Penthouse was not available, Rooms 1, 2, and 4 were available. Later on, after I booked room 2, I told someone that their room 1 was up for grabs and they should renew it. They told me that they already did and it should not have expired. They told me that the penthouse was up for rent, and that they renewed their rooms (but didn't have to). I was told then that the room I rented was already rented to someone else. I contacted that person and discovered that they still had half a week left on their rental of room 2, but I was able to get it. I logged in to check with a different character if the rooms were still available and found that non of them were. The owners had come to renew the rents. This leaves me and one other person both holding valid keys for room 2.

I believe that this is from EE. That the rooms, booked on the old server, were not booked on EE until the keys, which funtioned normally otherwise, were renewed.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Governor's Hotel Keys: Bugged
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:47:08 PM »
I've merged these two reports since they cover the same topic.

In response to both posts, it's likely, as Tycat mentioned, due to the fact the database didn't fully port over. The safest thing to do is to renew the room at the Governor's Hotel. Double bookings will be an issue for a while though. I'll add a few failsafe's soon though to fix this.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:24:42 PM by EO »