Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Weapon Versatility - Wielding a weapon with both hands

(1/4) > >>

basedSHARK:
In DnD 5th Edition they feature weapons with the Versatile trait, which allows you to wield them with both hands for a small damage die upgrade. For example, you could two-hand a longsword to upgrade it's 1d8 Slashing damage to a 1d10 if you wield it with both hands. Naturally this means you are sacrificing your shield or your second offhand weapon doing this. I would like to suggest this mechanic be introduced as a way to better thematically fit the use of characters who would wield such versatile weapons as a Bastard Sword (known in real-life for having a grip long enough to allow for both single and two-handed use) and the Katana.

I'd like to hear your views on the topic. Is this too overpowered? How will it work with the Bonetti's Defense feat-line? I personally would be fine if it cancels out the defense bonus from Bonetti's to gain a damage die upgrade, but perhaps you might think otherwise? Should other weapons also benefit from two-handing, such as maces or hammers? It'd absolutely make sense for something like a battle-axe to be able to be two-handed for additional chopping power.

McNastea:
This is something I was thinking about a while back that I never got aroind to suggesting. With the EE oit it may acyually be possible to implement though im not entirely sure. If it were I think it should cancel out bonetties just because the gain in dmg should have a give take, in this case the take being your ac, just like every other two handed weapon.

Anthaxious:
Yes, if this is ever implemented, it has to negate the single-weapon fighting AC feats.

Always_a_hero:
So basically, this “option” (since it sounds much like a combat mode such as power attack or expertise) could make -any- weapon of medium size or smaller be considered like a two-handed weapon (I.e. large weapons). The result could
possibly be the increase of the weapon’s damage die (d4 becomes d6; d10 becomes d12 though nothing goes higher than 1d12), but it could also have for effect that the strength dmg applied gets a 50% increase in damage like a large weapon would... Removing the bonus AC of single handed feats and would require Improved Parry to gain 1 party AC per 5 points.

gainreduction:
Sounds good to me! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version