You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Sadie Agatha Bennet: A witches tale  (Read 876 times)

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Sadie Agatha Bennet: A witches tale
« on: June 13, 2018, 03:51:37 PM »
Twenty-seven years ago an infant was left at the doorstep of a healer woman's hut. The sickly child didn't cry but simply stared at her new mother with soft, gentle eyes of emerald green. The healer took in the babe and nursed her to health. She named the little girl Agatha O'halleran and raised her as her own, as a witch. The little girl took fast to the teachings of Hala and found great joy in healing and helping others. Together the healer and child prospered and lived in joy in the Tepestani countryside. People came and went and for years their secret was hidden, but nothing stays hidden.

Ten years ago, a knock was heard at the door. A metal gauntlet hammered loudly as a man shouted for them to open up.

"Shh! Quick into the hollow! Do not come out until they are gone." The healer whispered quickly to Agatha. With a swift nod and a quiet step, she hid in the hollow beneath the house. She heard the voices speaking and new the Inquisition had found them.

"Where is the girl?!" A gruff voice belted to the healer. Thud. She must have been struck for her silence, Agatha shoved her apron into her mouth to muffle her voice. Above the men dragged the healer out and away. Agatha stayed hidden in that spot for days, terrified to leave the safety, but she knew she had to. How would she be able to do Halas work, and heal those who need it? As the new moon came, she packed her bag, took some supplies and fled. She ran and ran and ran as far as her feet would take her.

What joy and relief when she saw the light of a fire ahead in the darkness. The lilting music of a violin and drums greeted her ears as she approached with caution the group of Vistani. Once they saw her, they stopped playing and watched her until she spoke up and asked for passage out of her homeland. She had little to offer beyond her clothes and supplies, but she did have one ring adorned with a lapis lazuli and two diamonds that her mother had given her when she turned 15. She took the time to think before handing the ring over in exchange for safe passage. When the caravan stopped next she was in Mordent. She thanked the Vistani profoundly for giving her passage and parted ways.

She took up the name of the woman who raised her: Sadie. Later she would adopt the last name of the first to take her in and continue her work within that coven.

Now, several days had passed since the mist had crept up and whisked her away. Sadie Bennet had been wandering around the mist hoping to avoid danger and find a way out. She could see the mists beginning to thin and forms of caravans took shape. Exhausted she forced herself to walk the final distance to escape the dangerous mists...
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Sadie Agatha Bennet: A witches tale
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 10:06:55 AM »
"Um... When I fled I took a new name. My real name is Agatha O'Halleren." It was the first time in nearly a decade that the woman had shared her birth name. It was a relief, not only had she shared it, but she had met another Witch. Yet that news and joy were short lasted. For you see, the inquisition and a hag had made their way to Vallaki. Sadie promised that she would review the meticulous notes she kept about her faith and find whatever she could on Hags. She would help the witches of Kellee to eradicate the hag that had once led them.

She'd never fought a hag, only ever heard and read about them. Reading and facing were two very distinct things.
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Sadie Agatha Bennet: A witches tale
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 08:45:24 PM »
Hags:

Annis, green and... Shoot what was the other? Sea hag!

Annis hags are typically the strongest and tend to be skilled in combat.

Green hags and sea hags are not as strong as both tend to focus more on subtlety and the weave that they distort and tangle.

I couldn't find more in my notes, but I have many books of notes, I should of been more organized with them.

The hag of Kellee I suspect is a green hag since they tend to linger in towns. Or was that the sea hag?

I'll have to read through more of my notes and get my thoughts organized into something useful. The destruction they create has to be stopped, I don't care if the inquisition is here, the destruction of the hag matters far more. But at the same time I do not wish to die. How can a dead witch continue to ease the suffering and pain?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan