You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Varian's road journal  (Read 638 times)

Nurlithion

• Undead Slayer
  • Player name: gfgfgfgfgf
Varian's road journal
« on: June 12, 2018, 07:46:54 AM »
I have been in Vallaki for four days now, and the amount of horror here is dizzying. From the nightly beast attacks, to the undead infestation below the temple of the Morninglord... it is almost enough to make me go back on the road.

Just today, as I was accompanying some more fools down into the crypts - a guarantee of healing work, and a chance to collect some fungi for herbalism - we ran into an elf eating a fresh corpse. I barely got a chance to animate a dagger to fight it off as one of the warriors slashed her (him? It all happened so fast) and made the... thing... go away. To think walking dead would not be the most horrifying thing in there...

I have not been able to contact the coven here; some individuals I suspect are here for the hag hunt as well, but there was a crowd and I thought it unwise to risk detection. As such, I have been learning the lay of the land, collecting some plant specimens, and patching up those that the Barovian night spits out, mangled and broken. I have been keeping a low profile with the garda, and to the other outlanders I am just another wandering magic-user, the better to observe for signs of the Tepestani.

The Weave in this place is... tangled. So many are brought from everywhere, so many dark threads are woven into the fabric of Barovia, that it is difficult to perceive anything, to concentrate on spells, to cleanse the diseased threads when I am alone.

I must find the others.
Soren d'Deneith - Eberronian human two-bladed swashbuckler, headstrong but good-hearted and strong of arm.