Author Topic: Lag on EE server  (Read 116 times)

AgentGibbs

• New to the Mists
Lag on EE server
« on: June 11, 2018, 11:12:10 PM »
I never had an issue with the old server being exceptionally laggy, and I was late to the part with the NCE, so I just now was able to get on and play today. While playing I was plagued by never ending and outrageous amounts of lag, such as pressing the stealth mode button and it taking 38 seconds to activate, walking with a group and it looking like they are almost an entire screen behind me, but they say they are right next to me... It is not my ISP because my teamspeak, youtube, etc wasnt lagging when testing it at the same time to make sure.

I was wondering if anyone had any issues like this and knew a fix, or well anything to help really.

Wormwood and Gunsmoke ...

• New to the Mists
Re: Lag on EE server
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 12:18:07 AM »
I was experiencing some bad lag myself. I ended up turning down my quality to "fast" from "best" and adjusted a few of the visuals to a more modest look. It's not as bad on regular nwn where it blurs every texture, and it does make it run more smoothly. But the lag was TERRIBLE and still is.

Audric Lacroix

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
EE started up for me with highly taxing graphics add ons enabled. Anti aliasing, ambient occlusion, Depth of field, etc. All of these things will hammer the he'll out of integrated graphics and give lower tier graphics cards an anuerism.

AgentGibbs

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 09:26:37 PM »
EE started up for me with highly taxing graphics add ons enabled. Anti aliasing, ambient occlusion, Depth of field, etc. All of these things will hammer the he'll out of integrated graphics and give lower tier graphics cards an anuerism.

Except my 1080 shouldnt be bothered by any of those settings :(