You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: EE - RP exp not working?  (Read 991 times)

Insignia

• Outlander
EE - RP exp not working?
« on: June 10, 2018, 05:08:18 PM »
I've noticed this over the last few days. Sometimes it works normally, sometimes infrequently, and other times I can spend an hour or two RPing and not see a single tick... Is this a problem with my client, or something going on on the server?

lakhena

• Undead Master
Re: EE - RP exp not working?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 02:11:41 PM »
It appears that speaking in another language doesn’t trigger the RP xp script. I’ve noticed that I get a lot more RP xp if I don’t use the language tool, but very little if I do use the language tool (I’ve been playing a PC who does not speak Common).

Insignia

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 06:41:44 PM »
We tried this out last night and that does seem to be the case. I was wondering how I was sometimes able to go though hours of RP without seeing a single RP exp tick, and other times it seemed to be working properly. Using common when RPing seems to trigger the RP script properly, while speaking in Elven seems to do little, or at times, nothing at all.

When I first asked a DM about the script not working properly, I was told that the message sometimes doesn't come up, but it still banks the exp, yet whenever I would rest in these times, it would say that 'nothing has happened between your last rest and now' and seemed to make no progress whatsoever towards my next level, even though I was level 2 and 3 at the time.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 02:27:13 AM »
Found the cause of the error, will be fixed by next update.

Thanks for reporting it :)