Author Topic: Bug in magical varnish  (Read 1247 times)

Arcibel

• Undead Slayer
  • Native or Outlander?
Bug in magical varnish
« on: May 22, 2018, 12:20:54 PM »
well people the magical varnishes dont work in the bow and register a bonus enhancement in arrow, but in the papersheet and in the combat log the improvement is nothing, even, it's imperceptible the improvement. i'm in my work, so, i dont have pictures here. Another thing, I HAVE A DOUBT if the improvement of this type of varnishes is the same no matter if it's minor, stronger or greater in amors or shields, i need someone to help me to clear this last doubt.

Sinful Mystic

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
Re: Bug in magical varnish
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »
well people the magical varnishes dont work in the bow and register a bonus enhancement in arrow, but in the papersheet and in the combat log the improvement is nothing, even, it's imperceptible the improvement. i'm in my work, so, i dont have pictures here. Another thing, I HAVE A DOUBT if the improvement of this type of varnishes is the same no matter if it's minor, stronger or greater in amors or shields, i need someone to help me to clear this last doubt.

Varnishes work on arrows, not bows
Celynna of Elevashe-inactive
Daly'rae of Zau'duis
Erika Tinescu-inactive

Arcibel

• Undead Slayer
  • Native or Outlander?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 02:30:36 PM »

Varnishes work on arrows, not bows
As i said, even in the arrows works. If you see the arrows, says that have the bonus, but if you see the paper sheet or profile and combat log, there is no improvement in a damage and attack and the perception itsthe same

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 02:35:01 PM »
The same issue as here?

As the title said, varnishes work on arrows and bolts, but magical varnishes that give bow and crossbow enchant to beat DR does not work. Magical varnishes on bolts and arrows does not help beat DR.  This is same with gloves.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Arcibel

• Undead Slayer
  • Native or Outlander?
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 03:18:02 PM »
The same issue as here?

As the title said, varnishes work on arrows and bolts, but magical varnishes that give bow and crossbow enchant to beat DR does not work. Magical varnishes on bolts and arrows does not help beat DR.  This is same with gloves.
May be, but i dont know what is saying because negates his own afirmation adding another variable. In archery, using the bow, the varnish does absolutely nothing, in arrows, if you use it and look them, the nwn shows a enhancement, but in the profile or paper sheet and in the combat log, there is no improvement. In my perception as player, i dont feel an improvement
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:05:00 PM by Arcibel »

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 03:35:03 PM »
My perception is both you and Mayvind are having to write in what is not your native language, and describing this problem is a very specific case.

It appears that the developers have designed it intentionally that varnishes work on bolts and arrows, not on crossbows and bows. So that part is working as it should.

The bug seems limited to magical varnishes and Damage Reduction. Magical varnishes are not allowing the ammunition to penetrate DR.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Sinful Mystic

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 03:40:16 PM »
Actually that is more a symptom of the system. Again it is the magical quality of the bow/crossbow/sling that determines what it will hit, not the ammunition. If you need +1 to hit something and are using normal you will only get the extra damage from the projectile, not the base bullet/bolt/arrow damage.

So if you are using magical arrows an not getting any type of damage yep that's a bug. But if you are just not getting the base projectile damage, that's the system. As I understand things anyway.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:42:31 PM by Sinful Mystic »
Celynna of Elevashe-inactive
Daly'rae of Zau'duis
Erika Tinescu-inactive