Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Open a door stealthily

(1/4) > >>

Telkar:
Just something that popped up in my mind while thinking:

A system that lets you get past an unlocked door without opening it so that PC's in the vicinity won't notice it opening. A private message can be sent to PC's that succeed a spot/listen check. I'm thinking of the mechanism like the door can be targeted with a feat (able to do in stealth mode), then the character is teleported right to the other side of it and checks are made.

This would be good for spying RP scenarios where a door is in the way and would spoil the whole thing to the players of the spied on characters.

NOTE: Don't have to discuss it here. Just something for devs to pick up on if it seems like an interesting idea.

A minor Glamour:
I don't think it makes much sense to teleport through a closed door just by successfully making move silently checks, but I think passing checks to open a door unseen/unheard is a good idea, maybe a successful check will open the door without alerting NPC's.

Telkar:
I couldn't think of a better way than teleporting to not notify PCs (at least OOCly, which spoils, everyone can hear and see the door open and close). That's the main thing I was after. Of course, ICly you wouldn't be teleporting, but opening the door stealthily, slipping inside and closing it again. That's similar to area transitioning when you think about it. There could be a private yellow message describing the event.

derkotushka:
Character under effect of spell Ethereal Jaunt can 'teleport' behind not locked door. Simple need stand very close and click on door. And character 'teleport' on other side of door.
Strange what it is not works on locked doors. Must be Dark Powers magical locks on doors.  :D
I am sure this effect from Ethereal Jaunt spell and doors can be made as some rogue special player tool.
Or at least as player tool for Shadowdancer.

ViktorYouFool:
At the risk of playing contrarian:

It's bad enough that I can literally stand in front of a door, staring into the doorway, where there is only one entrance or exit, and not be able to see a character stealthing through it. I know where you're coming in. It's a fixed location. I'm physically in your way. But because of the way transitions work and the way the stealth mechanics work, I can physically be in a doorway and you can still sneak past me.

I'm not sure I would want this to escalate to "and now I don't have to even open the door."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version