Author Topic: Suggestion - Crafting Spots in Degannwy  (Read 1158 times)

Dukica

• Undead Slayer
Suggestion - Crafting Spots in Degannwy
« on: April 27, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
The title says most of it, it would be lovely for Degannwy to have a herbalism pot, considering it's a place near the forest with plenty of herbs, and it'd make sense for the residents to be capable of herbalism, so why not add it? In addition, it'd serve as a crafting spot where elves and other marginalized, nature loving freaks dwellers can go without resorting to that Barovian ranger near the fishing spots.

As for any other crafting spot, possibly tailoring, as that'd make a lot of sense too, leatherworking would possibly be good, but sorta pushing it, and metalworking would be a big no.

Thoughts? I'd love to hear your idea on herbalism and the other two skill sets separately.

Sinful Mystic

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
Re: Suggestion - Crafting Spots in Degannwy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 01:21:55 PM »
The title says most of it, it would be lovely for Degannwy to have a herbalism pot, considering it's a place near the forest with plenty of herbs, and it'd make sense for the residents to be capable of herbalism, so why not add it? In addition, it'd serve as a crafting spot where elves and other marginalized, nature loving freaks dwellers can go without resorting to that Barovian ranger near the fishing spots.

As for any other crafting spot, possibly tailoring, as that'd make a lot of sense too, leatherworking would possibly be good, but sorta pushing it, and metalworking would be a big no.

Thoughts? I'd love to hear your idea on herbalism and the other two skill sets separately.

I think one would be useful but we discussed this among the Degannwy faction and figured they probably would not want another pull away from Vallaki with Krofburg already it's top competitor.

We also asked about fixing the scripts or removing the animals that fight constantly, so far we've not had much luck there.

If a Dev wants to take up the project the Gaurdians of Degannwy could probably come up with a few suggstions for imprvements, but I suspect Degannwy is low on their list of priorities.
Celynna of Elevashe-inactive
Daly'rae of Zau'duis
Erika Tinescu-inactive

Dukica

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 01:54:53 PM »
Yeah, this was mostly a suggestion for the herbalist cauldron, as it would help immensely if someone were to gather herbs in the regional forests of Vallaki. I'm not sure if there are any other cauldrons nor where they could be found.

Sinful Mystic

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »
Yeah, this was mostly a suggestion for the herbalist cauldron, as it would help immensely if someone were to gather herbs in the regional forests of Vallaki. I'm not sure if there are any other cauldrons nor where they could be found.

I can tell you there are a couple in the Vallaki area but would suggest you make it an IC quest to find out. Gives you an excuse to rp with people.
Celynna of Elevashe-inactive
Daly'rae of Zau'duis
Erika Tinescu-inactive

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 04:11:56 PM »
Two herbalism crafting station are already available close to degannwy, one being in the sewers and one just outside of Vallaki near the lake, both are reachable in about 3-5 minute from Degannwy. Adding yet a third cauldron in the area wouldn't serve much purpose in my opinion.

The place where elves and marginalized people can go for herbalism is the sewers at the moment, and Degannwy isn't really intended for that kind of stuff either, while the sewers are perfect for outcast, elves, orcs and everyone the locals do not like, which makes a suitable place to have an herbalism station.

A tailoring station is already available in Degannwy on the second floor.

As for leatherwork and smithing, I don't see them fitting too well in Degannwy. For people who can't use the smithing crafting station in Vallaki due to IC reason, Dvergeheim would be the place the go. As for learther working... I'm not totally sure, but I think there is an other one not too far...

If a Dev wants to take up the project the Gaurdians of Degannwy could probably come up with a few suggstions for imprvements, but I suspect Degannwy is low on their list of priorities.

Feel free to send me or an other Dev a PM with suggestion if you'd like to, we're always open to suggestion. You can also contact me on Discord if you'd prefer :)
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness